I'm an atheist, but I'm looking for God. Who am I?

I’m an atheist, but I’m looking for God. Who am I? What do you call a person who is an atheist to religious gods and believes in one god who has nothing to do with religions?

If you, as you’ve said, believe in one god (even a god not associated with any current or former religions) then you are a theist NOT an atheist.

3 Likes

Not an atheist at all then obviously, but a monotheist.

Will you ever be revisiting this thread to involve yourself in debate, only the other times you’ve started threads with bizarre OP’s you’ve not bothered?

HERE for example.

And HERE

And again HERE

And again HERE

And again HERE

And again HERE

And yet again HERE

And HERE

And HERE

And HERE

And HERE

And HERE

All seem to be threads you’ve started and then not bothered replying to any posts?

So I have a question, what’s up with that?

2 Likes

@Redlight82 , you have started thirteen strings that have received in excess of 300 replies. Yet, you have only responded one time.
Why is that? Are uninterested in conversation?

1 Like

Well, let’s see… maybe a rhetorician?
Perhaps someone who lacks the acumen
to have a conversation?
A confused individual with angst over the non-existent?
A male donkey?
An agitator that likely missed their EIT session?

Edit (time to go hand out books of unsolvable riddles to amphetamine addicts)

1 Like

Why would anyone bother “looking for a god”?

I’ve never seen anything remotely approaching genuine evidence for a god type entity of any sort, let alone any of the ridiculous cartoon magic men from pre-scientific mythologies. Furthermore, I’m on public record here as pointing out various issues with the whole “god concept”, including issues that none of the mythology fanboys who gatecrash this site are even capable of fantasising about, let alone contemplating in anything resembling an analytical manner.

Thus far, the only motivations I’ve seen for “looking for a god” are [1] ignorance of basic scientific fact, and [2] the need for some sort of emotional crutch. NONE of the millennia of wibbling about a “god” has ever offered proper explanations for the universe and its contents, merely blind assertions accompanied in some cases by farcical and/or duplicitous apologetic fabrications.

Indeed, the utterly rampant mendacity displayed by many mythology fanboys, when pressed to answer critique of their assertions, has left in my case a singularly nasty taste in the mouth with respect to the whole “looking for god” business.

I don’t even have to point to creationists in this regard, though these tend to be among the most egregiously duplicitous examples - I’ve also had run ins elsewhere with, for example, the Edward Feser brand of pedlars of neo-Thomist Catholic apologetics, several of whom seem determined to mimic creationists with respect to baits and switches, underhand discoursive legerdemain, specious fabrications and blatant misrepresentation of scientific postulates.

Indeed, I’m still waiting for any mythology fanboy to present good reasons to go “looking for god”, especially in the light of the mischief I’ve mentioned above.

Care to be the first to remedy that deficit, or are you merely going to bail out of the thread, as you’ve already done with several others, as illustrated above by other posters?

2 Likes

I don’t know. Conflicted? Maybe cognitively dissonant?

1 Like

Do you believe in a God or gods “Yes” You are a theist
“No.” You are an atheist (A = without Theist = belief in god)
That is all there is to that.

1 Like

Perhaps just someone trying to figure out where he stands and wanting to get reactions.
Perhaps a bottle-nosed dolphin at SeaWorld who has just learned to type and is practicing his trolling.

4 Likes

…(jumping up and downexcitedly waving both hands above head)… Oo-oo-oo! Me-me-me! I know this one! I know it!.. You are a patient in a maximum security psyche ward! YES! Nailed it!.. :smiling_face: :grin: :smiling_face:… Okay, what kind of prize did I win? I was told there would be a check.

That person is called A Theist. See? You simply forgot to add the space between the A and T… :thinking:… OR, now that I think about it, that person could possibly be a stoned out groupie chasing after a popular rock band. In which case, that could still potentially make that person A Theist, depending on the characteristics they attribute to the band’s “members”. (Feel free to read into that whatever you wish, you dirty-minded heathens.)

(Edit to obtain backstage passes.)

4 Likes

Uh, it’s in the mail…

2 Likes

Check? In the mail? That’s only for old fart luddites. Heck, even missionaries riding on arthritic donkeys travel faster than that. If you want world domination in the modern age, you cannot use such outdated and obsolete technology. Now please use modern man-made technology enabled by science and the scientific method. Rant over. Thank you for listening.

3 Likes

Keep that to yourself. Tin is content to wait.

Edit to go “kiting”

Maybe so, but my patience has its limits. If I don’t see that check within the next six months, you better believe I will be calling the complaint department. :triumph:

1 Like

Sure, maybe I AM an old fart, but I hate that eee-lek-trahn-ick money deposit transfer stuff. Getting sick and tired of having to clean my computer screen every time I have to sign for one of those damn things.

Are you guys doing this on purpose,just to set off my OCD?

I just checked, and check is very different from cheque, go ahead and check if you don’t believe me… :innocent:

check
verb

1. examine (something) in order to determine its accuracy, quality, or condition, or to detect the presence of something.

cheque
noun

1. an order to a bank to pay a stated sum from the drawer’s account, written on a specially printed form.

annnnnnnnnd brrrrrrreeeeathe…

Well, the last time my very old “Czech” friend did a check, he had not received his cheque.

Edit to reread what I read

2 Likes

We now have the Random Fun room for this sort of banter. Please reserve the Debate room for actual debate.

2 Likes