Faith is completely pointless

Faith is completely pointless.

Currently, I am an atheist, I must admit that I have often searched for the website of the remark, whoever God, as a child was brought up in a Christian family, practically everyone in my family is a believer, and Aqq I do not believe completely and everything confirms me in this. When I started reading on the book, the subject and the origin of man and psyche changed dramatically, I realized everything after a delusion, I lived in the world, there are no claims related to the existence of God, little rejection of it. People invented religiosity over time out of fear of the unknown and with the need for love, people can not imagine that everything could be meaningless by people, I do not understand people in the 21st century so much believe in hunting Gods? science is at your fingertips, knowledge can be learned in a short period of time and yet people still believe it, how is it?

I want to rush in and say “Yes.” However, that would be an equivocation fallacy. “Faith as the evidence of things not seen.” is completely pointless. Faith as, hope, trust in, or belief in, is common and quite normal. So, it dedpends on who is using the word and exactly how it is being uses.

People are not good at thinking. This is why education is the bane of religion. Hang in there with that English. I think I got about 80%

2 Likes

Agreed.

I have little intellectual basis to understand how it is that scientists in some fields can say some of the things they do regarding current scientific theories.

I have faith, however, that they know how they can state such things.

This likely isn’t the same thing as faith in the common religious usage, IMO.

1 Like

The religious have had their minds crammed full of Hebrews 11.1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

1 Like

Often, when a person is raised since childhood to believe a certain way - it is hard as an adult to question it. It becomes a “core belief” for them. An identity.

1 Like

Do you have faith in the idea faith is completely pointless, or do you believe it is pointless to have faith in faith being pointless? In all fairness, though, I suppose it depends on if it’s a pointless faith or a reasonable faith as to whether or not faith is warranted in the belief that faith is pointless. No worries, though. I have a reasonable faith you will eventually determine if your faith in faith being pointless is reasonable.

About the only time I went on a leap of faith is when I wanted to win that lottery money or when there was a woman on Tinder that I desperately wanted to jump in bed with.