What's wrong with the bible?

That saddens me, you appear to have little confidence in your democratic process. It is understandable. I do not lay any blame at your feet, your political process is flawed and corrupt. Sadly.

2 Likes

Wow ā€¦ How much about me do you need to know? When you work 6 to 7 days a week for 12 to 16 hours a day a week, you tell me if you will choose what to fuss about and if itā€™s worth your TIME. Iā€™ve already mentioned that I am very busy. Try it sometimes and then tell me what you will choose to do and what you will leave for others to do. Do you ask your grandma the same questions and do you have the same expectations from her as you do from me or do you expect her to live a peaceful life after all her hard work? Geez I am not that important. You do not need me to fight all the beasts. You seem to have plenty of timeā€¦go ahead and fight the beasts. Make all the fuss you want. You are a perfect example of when I said that there are others in a better position to do this than I am.

Stop cherry picking . You left out that I do not fuss over religious beliefs that common people have. What does that have to do with raping children. I have not heard anyone claim this to me so there is nothing for me to fuss about on this topic.

You also left out the parts where I mention how I engage in my little world. So next time you want to pick up a canvas and draw me donā€™t paint over some of the colors.

Are you playing games with me? That question is aimed at you which you do not wish to answer. No problem.

[quote=ā€œSheldon, post:122, topic:136ā€]

Why are you engaging with me if you have no interest (as you claim) to offer no beliefs (which is a lie). Are you trolling me? Are you a spin doctor? That is now a valid question I expect you to answer

Is that a belief or will you claim it is just a comment?
Have you purposely left out the parts as to my reasons why I donā€™t fuss about certain things?

Thanks David for understanding regardless of if we agree or not. It saddens me also and you are correct that I have very little confidence in that process.

1 Like

Well a yes or no answer to that question would be a useful start.

I havenā€™t cherry picked at all, and in your original claim you did not specify religious beliefs, and you said you did not fuss over other peopleā€™s beliefs.

So I ask again would you fuss if someone claimed to believe that paedophilia was ok, or misogyny, or racism? Just how abhorrent would an expressed belief have t be before you would care?

Itā€™s a response to your assertion here:

I quoted it when I responded?

I havenā€™t left them out, tbh they donā€™t make much sense. You said you do not fuss over such matters on what people believe or not no matter how ridiculous it may be. As others have stated beliefs can and do motivate actions. If someone you knew claimed to believe it was ok for adults to have sex with children would you care? Would you warn others about their belief if you it was pertinent, or would you not fuss over it, as you claimed?

I think perhaps you donā€™t understand what you originally claimed, or its significance.

@Earth Despite our differences and spats, I understand that on the other side of my monitor is a fellow human being with emotions, pride, all of the emotions I also carry.

The internet has the capacity of dehumanizing us, and that is one of the liabilities of this wonderful communication medium.

4 Likes

Very true David, though on the upside I am a lot less likely to get a slap from people who hate anyone disagreeing with themā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :wink:

Too true. I find it a wonderful medium. Iā€™d be in a very different, darker place without it.

The anonymity of places such as this can mean the person shown here is very different from real life.

I myself am a far more agreeable person here. True I assure you. The Aspergerā€™s means I have the social skills of a turnip and am hard work to be around in person

The thing is, Earth and I have more in common than we disagree on. If we met person to person, we could share a few pints, enjoy wonderful conversations (go Bears), maybe even strike up an amicable relationship.

But this is a forum where a critical and hard topic is discussed. That drives the focus on very word, everything is magnified and amplified, we seek to undermine the other with a cavalier attitude on the other personā€™s emotions and we can casually discard whatever they say, because we can click a mouse and make them disappear.

1 Like

My answer to your question is yes I would fuss? I would make my point and move on. So what difference does my answer make now? You know what? I stopped reading your comments after a few paragraphs. If you want the full story and answers to your questions read all my responses and not just those you cherry pick for unnecessary debates. If I donā€™t make sense to you thereā€™s nothing I can do to help that. Iā€™ll engage with you when you start acting like a normal human being. Iā€™m not here to write my life story nor prove anything but surely you are. Someone else might be interested. I donā€™t have time to write an essay for you. Once againā€¦my time is precious. Geezā€¦ this coming from a man who claims he states no beliefs in his commentaries. Go shit on someone else. Iā€™m done with you.

Well it is totally different from your original claim for a start.

Iā€™m not going to wade through your ad hominem.

Yet you dedicated it to that pointless verbiage, bitching you donā€™t want to engage with me or answer questions, rather than answering the questions I asked. You do know this is a debate forum youā€™re in?

Is English not your first language? Only thatā€™s not what I said.

Grow up, if you youā€™re too stupid to cope with some simple questions then sulking wonā€™t help.

1 Like

I only have 1 thing left to tell you.

You donā€™t answer all the questions. You pick and choose which to answer and how you want to steer it, making it favorable for yourself as if itā€™s a competition. Iā€™m not here to compete, that should have been clear enough.

Given your endless blathering bullshit thatā€™s something of a relief.

Hilarious lie from you, especially given you have ignored every question put to you.

Itā€™s a debate forum, and again I can only suggest you look up the definition of the word debate.

Oh it is, and youā€™re clearly not. I suggest then since you seem to be here to give sententious sermons, rather than engage in open minded debate, that you fuck off to a theist site where they will lap your tedious sententious bullshit up.

1 Like

And here we goā€¦ testing testing 1-2 1-2
Would you like to kill me?

What an adolescent thing to say.

Seems the admonition to grow up was entirely warranted.

1 Like

It is pretty clear that debate is just not for you. You clearly are unable to cope with differing view points.

Lolā€¦ the expert on adolescent language has arrived to cherry pick what is and what isnā€™t an adolescent thing to say.

@Earth:

Looks like you are not a total idiot. At least you are capable of recognizing expertise when it arrives.

2 Likes

Hahaā€¦Youā€™re still misquoting me and changing my words. Now itā€™s just amusing.

You just asked if someone would like to kill you ffs, just because they dared to disagree with you, and in a fucking debate forum at that. If you canā€™t see how pathetic that is, then thatā€™s pretty sad.

Your feelings are hurt? You donā€™t get to twist the reason I said those words. Your friend is a babbling moron who misquotes me and accused me of telling him something when I had never spoken to him before his first comment. Perhaps you should check in on him instead.