What is the biggest lie?

Ok, pedantic atheist. Any ethanol.

Let him drink it (or chew) it first then tell him.

Well, Fuck,
While arguing is still sitting there and…( trailing off gazing into space.) I’ll have another eggnog of cup., Hic.

Damn, this thread has really gone off the rails. Merry new year!

HappyNewMerryThanksChristmasGivingYear!

That life and the universe have no meaning.

So what is the meaning? And where is the evidence for it?

1 Like

Only death is real, the meaning of life is what you put into it(in my opinion).

That is a question that has been pondered and argued for millennia. Evidence ?

So life isn’t real , only death ?

Can you demonstrate any objective evidence that life or the universe has any overarching meaning?

Do you mean all life? A banana or a mango tree for instance? I mean humans didn’t evolve until 200k years ago, so if a deity caused everything, that deity seems far more fascinated tinkering with dinosaur evolution, than with humans.

1 Like

Can you demonstrate any objective evidence that life or the universe has any overarching meaning?

Of course that question works both ways and is reflected in thousands of years of Philosophy.

Do I have to, or is it incumbent on you to prove a god and it’s intended “purpose”? You are the one making the claim.

No, it’s real, but our inevitable demise is the same for EVERY single person who has lived or is currently living on this rock we call earth. We all either rot in our grave or are reduced to a small pile of ash and bone in a crematorium. There’s no escaping it, no matter how hard you try to believe otherwise.

WHAT! Don’t you DARE have a go at the sacred Bananas. The fruit that isn’t a fruit from which all life flows. The sacred YELLOW. The holy Crescent. The mighty tree dwelling creator of the universe and beyond. DON’t You dare go there you blasphemous turd!

1 Like

That’s Sheldon’s proposition not mine .

I failed to find a corresponding proposition from Sheldon. :woman_shrugging:t6:

Maybe you could be more explicit?

That was Sheldon’s question to me .
I replied that the question works both ways as evidenced by thousands of years of Philosophy .
Prove there is no meaning is just as valid a question.

Evidence of absence is typically considered good enough for a negative claim in philosophy. The burden of proof is not equal for positive and negative claims in philosophy; despite your statements to the contrary.

1 Like

If there is no meaning to life or the universe then how would know there is no meaning ?