The "science" in islam made me doubt

[The “science” in islam made me doubt]

…the validity of the Koran

:partying_face:

1 Like

as a pre-muslim woman I become atheist only this year after along study and research ofcourse. I have born Muslim and read quran and hadith my entire life. all I can say is quran and hadith is very contradictory in many ways. for example, quran says in some verses in the doomsday men and women will be judged equally for sins, but in another verses it says men are privileged more than women in life. In hadith you will find a lot of things are said by prophet mohammed who tells people that his god has asked him to inform it to the people while in quran there is no evidence for it at all.
muslims also believe that there god transmit or transfer his laws by prophet mohammed in his holy book quran, which it explains all the universe laws that human must follow. if that correct then hadith is all wrong, we wont need someone hadith if god himself tell us the laws in his book, right !! so muslims by following hadith and quran they are worshiping two gods not one just like Christianity.
most of sins and prohibition in quran goes against women not men. which means no equality at all as muslims are pretending there is equality.
the truth quran is a human book which is written by prophet mohammed thn has been changed many times through history by his own freinds, only arab with native language who are capable to read it will understand its a normal talk by a person like us and there is zero miracle in it. all the stories that are inside quran are myths repeated from the previous religious books but reconstructed in a smart way. if a person couldn’t get a good education he will be mesmerized by the fluency of language in quran but if you get a good education you will simply create a similar or better book than quran itself.

5 Likes

It was written by men, during a time when women were little more than chattel. So it’s easy to see why men with power over women would create an afterlife that favoured men, but it’s irrational to imagine an omniscient omnipotent deity’s desires for an afterlife would coincidentally mesh perfectly with the misogynistic desires of the patriarchal Bedouins who “happened” to be the sole arbiters of its message.

Bottom line is that there isn’t a shred of objective evidence for any deity. If an omnipotent omniscient deity exists then it can makes it’s existence known to me, if it wants me to do anything, or not to do anything, then again I’d need to know the deity wants this, why should I believe humans making the claim supposedly on behalf of a deity, especially if what they claim this deity wants, mirrors completely what they want?

Edited for clarity…

2 Likes

@ Shaikha

I wish to extend a very warm welcome to you. I sincerely hope we can exchange our opinions in a healthy manner and grow and prosper. You are not alone, you are in the company of many new friends.

OOPS!!! The prophet HA HA HA H A Muhammad, had nothing to do with the writing of the Quaran. First; he did not know how to write. Second: He never even knew there was a Quaran.

According to Islamic tradition the process of canonization ended under the third caliph, Uthman ibn Affan (r. 23/644–35/655), which was about twenty years after the death of Muhammad.

Prior to this, there were multiple versions of the Quaaran and millions of little quotes, attributed to Muhammad, (A bit like Aesop’s Fables) written on stones, bits of tree bark, cloth and paper.) It was the collection and organization of these scraps as well as what had been remembered, that formed the foundation of the Quaaran.

Next came the process of eliminating all other versions of the Quaaran - but that is a story for another time. This story is about MUHAMMAD NEVER WROTE THE QUAARAN.

And------ Seriously - Welcome to the site. We need more x-Muslims around here. If we can just get Tin Man to scoot over and make a place for you here on the bench.,… Errrrrr

Well, it seems his ass has rusted and stuck to the bench again. Damn… Not to worry though. I put out a call for Old Man who will come tricycling in here any moment with a can of bike oil. This sorta shit happens all the time. “Now where did I put that crowbar? Anyone seen my sledge hammer?”

Well, have him moved aside in no time at all.

1 Like

I have my trusty torch ready. But it seems to be malfunctioning.

@David_Killens @Cognostic

Uh, sorry, guys, but it isn’t rust this time. Ya see, uh, wutta-happen-wuz, I had to mix some epoxy to secure a loose panel in a rather… ummm… embarrassing location. And once I got the panel in place, I was tired and sat down to rest… And it would seem I did not wait long enough for the epoxy to set prior to sitting. Soooooo… Anybody got any good ideas for unsticking epoxy?

Why yes. Pour boiling water around the area.

This also a sovereign method of birth control if you have nothing else. You fill a bathroom or kitchen sink with boiling water. Then you immerse your scrotum in the water until the pain goes away or you faint. (not suggested if you have no health insurance)

1 Like

Ummmm… Okaaaaaaay… :flushed:… So, anybody ELSE got any ideas?

Oh, you’re serious? I heard that nail polish remover can help.

1 Like

1 Like

hisss - looks like all the non believers are still here. You will all be judged before the OverLord!!! Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha.

rat spit

1 Like

Welcome rat-spit. It is a pleasure to see you and the OverLord again.

2 Likes

rat_spit

This is not Ratty’s first dance. Let’s not welcome him to the forum. Instead we will all do a “Face-palm Salute,” set our vomit buckets close by, and prep for the worst!

1 Like

Thank you, David. Nice GIF BTW.

I’ve been gone long enough to see the world approach Armageddon - ha ha ha.

Good to see all you geriatrics have managed to avoid it! And I mean that!

I’ve been focusing my time on a Theravada Buddhism forum. That implies “early teachings” Buddhism.

The forum has devolved into a postmodern swamp of stupidity and my attempts to bring some objective facts back into the then made relative truths was met with admonishment. So fuck them.

I don’t want to derail the thread.

Hello Tin-Man! Cog! Sheldon! Nyar!

I’m back after a long hiatus … mainly because the average IQ on other forums is considerably lower than what you’d find here.

Of course I will continue to bring into question the Athiest disbelief in the OverLord by relying on the healthy advice of the Evil One.

Hail Satan!!!

1 Like

Indeed. I am still certifiably insane and I encourage all of you to take a trip down the rabbit hole with me.

How has the forum been since I left?

Any notable religious nut bars?

Seems like the same place … The scenery has changed a bit.

RAAAAAATIEEEEEEE!!! :smiley: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star_struck: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiley: :smiley: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star_struck: Dude! I was getting worried about you! Logging on this evening and seeing your rodent ass just made my day! How the hell ya been? What do you think of the new place? Pretty snazzy, huh? Great having you back. The more the merrier on here. And you should know by now that The OverLord and Evil One are always welcomed to tag along. Oh, speaking of The Evil One, tell him he still owes me fifty bucks for that lap dance I gave him a few months ago. That bastard said he had to go to the bathroom and then snuck out the back door without paying. :rage:

I’m well - given the circumstances. I haven’t caught coronavirus; my job and my wife’s job are considered “essential” - so I can pay my rent. And yeah … I wrote a book (which I will shamelessly plug later).

The new format looks nice. Like a fresh coat of lipstick on a pig. Ahahaha haha. I kid. This is one of the good forums.

That lap dance … the EvilOne didn’t want to get attached - that’s the real reason he ran away. But if he owes you fifty bucks, I’ll have a word with him.

Mmm hmm :thinking: Okay. Okay.

He says next Friday is pay day and he can pay half.

Ahahaha haha!!! Stay well Tin-Man. Catch you later :+1:

I know a website that shows how to walk around with a bench stuck to your arse.

1 Like

Unlikely. Link please?

1 Like