The Forgiveness

ok - just give me a sec

Hell consists in being separated from God. As a human, EVERYONE is - just like we are separated from aliens and Santa Claus So, therefore excluded from the possibility and locked up in the psychological world you created yourself, without even a little window to have a peek outside. Examine your thoughts and you will see the shit that is you.

There! Now, that’s a more truthful, symbolic statement

If you are looking for a more literal “hell”… I’ll meet you there because it is simply the “grave”, hades/Sheol.

@nessahanalita Hell consists of believing in such a terrible, cruel God. Thank God I am done with that!

1 Like

There’s no such thing, no such place. I’m not afraid of your hell anymore, just like I’m not afraid of the Islamic hell, any Buddhist hell, etc. Whether you recognize this or not you’re threatening us and frankly I don’t appreciate that. Your arguments have failed I guess because you resort to “My god will torture you.” Well, fuck your god if that’s the kind of god they are. I wouldn’t worship a god like that in a million years.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s the teaching. it could be argued that the cause of sin is selfishness. People made saints invariably seem self-less by their behaviour.

No, afraid not, an examination of conscience hasn’t done it for me for over 50 years. Besides, the notions of heaven and hell we have are christian inventions.

Shamayim (שָׁמַיִם), the Hebrew word for “heaven” (literally heavens , plural), denotes one component of the three-part biblical cosmology, the other elements being erets (the earth) and sheol (the underworld). Shamayim is the dwelling place of God and other heavenly beings, erets is the home of the living, and sheol is the realm of the dead, including, in post-Hebrew Bible literature (including the New Testament), the abode of the righteous dead.[1]

Heaven in Judaism - Wikipedia.

1 Like

And so much for forgiveness. Tell your god to fuck off!

1 Like

And is that a bad thing? You make it seem that being separated from this god is a bad thing. But examine your god as it is, not what you want it to be.

The Abrahamic god was a psychopathic insecure maniac. Sorry, if there is such a god, I don’t want to be anywhere near that monstrosity.

1 Like

In terms of Christian theology, that is the very worst thing which can happen to a person. In fact, I’ve read hell described as “that place where god is not”

Jesus, God the Father and The Holy Spirit of Christianity are not the same entity as the monster YHWH of the Torah.

That change/evolution makes perfect sense. Without exception, a religion always reflects the society which invents it and individuals who practice it***

YHWH began as a petty storm god of ancient Israelites. From there he became a war god(could be the the other way round, I get them confused). That society consisted of tribes of bronze age, illiterate, nomadic , goat herders. Their lives would have been nasty, and brutish and short.

Israelite society evolved into agrarian and city dwellers. Their god evolved from a petty tribal god to the only god and lord of the universe. So too
did the 613 commandments which makeup mosaic law evolve. In time, people stopped say selling their daughters into slavery, killing recalcitrant children or killing a person for breaking the sabbath.

Muslim Sharia law is based on Mosaic law. IMO Some of the tribes practising Islam have not evolved socially as much as those tribes who became the Jews. To the eyes of the rest of the world, their notions of justice remain cruel and barbaric . ( I refer specifically to the Wahhabi Muslims in the absolute monarchy of Saudi Arabia)

***There is a Buddhist saying; “ten thousand monks, ten thousand religions”

1 Like

Yet you have neglected answer ONE of the points made by people on this forum. Just continued to preach. You wonder why we don’t believe you?

I’ve seldom seen so many words used to say absolutely nothing.

Do you forgive Hitler, Stalin, or Himmler? What would forgiving them achieve exactly, since you claim it is the “very structure of reality as a whole”?

Wow, that’s…pretty meaningless as well, you seem to have a talent for vapid deepities.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

The random capitals are a nice touch, and as pointless and meaningless as the words themselves. It’s like the middleweight boxer Chris Eubank has written a book of philosophical one liners. It’s hilarious, yet painful to read.

Arrrrrrgggghhhh! My eyes! My eyes!

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Damn it, I was just going to say, our sins…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Well I’m not going to lie, that’s a fucking relief I can tell you.

Yes, I read you loud and clear, I like to get fucked up occasionally as well. :sunglasses:

One question, was your post in the English language?

1 Like

Quite

That post is awfully close to Wernicke’s aphasia. (word salad) When examined it doesn’t have any meaning I can discern, really.

2 Likes

I think this guys has set up alternate New Age Bullshit Generator and is just posting it here for shits and giggles.

He has taken the name of a self styled philosopher and writes with all the cogency of a diseased possum on an LSD trip.

2 Likes

He certainly seems to have a kind of hippy-Carlos Castaneda flavour

If you ever heard the UK middleweight boxer Chris Eubank give an interview in his prime, you’d immediately smile at such verbiage. It was like he was picking every third word randomly. Yet you were always left with impression that he was utterly convinced he’d shared something deeply profound, that lesser intellects simply couldn’t appreciate.

I imagine he thinks his verbiage is deep, and profound, when in fact anyone reading is either baffled, or shaking like a shitting dog, laughing.

Is Tourette’s possible in a written ARSE! format?

1 Like

So, a book with lots of punch lines? :thinking:

The above quoted quote is almost on par with some of the extreme verbiage professional philosophers employ to seem deep while describing trivial terms. While at university, I had to read several pieces of philosophical drivel that was compulsory reading, and that with some careful wording could be compressed down at least 10:1 without losing any meaning, precision or accuracy. Religiously based amateur philosophy seem to fare no better. I didn’t manage to parse and understand what @nessahanalita tried to say, but it certainly gave me flashbacks to philosophy classes at university.

2 Likes

It gave me flashbacks to my last curry induced bowel movement.

Fascinated by how one can write verbose verbiage to write written words in writing about any and all topics that could seem relevant to this forum, I tried to penetrate the following block of electronically typewritten text to extract a meaning from it, based on the current thread-based context, if there ever was one. In short, I tried to understand the text.

A very long-winded way of saying “To make this sound super important, I have to use a lot of impressive-sounding but irrelevant words to introduce the topic.”

Forgiveness is a human construct used to improve social interaction in groups, and is totally irrelevant to the fields of physics, astronomy and cosmology. Subatomic particles and galaxies (and their totality) have no conciousness and therefore no understanding of the term forgiveness. Neither do living organisms without central nervous systems and/or no self-conciousness, like amoeba, fungi, trees or jellyfish. “Sin” is a theological concept, and makes no sense outside the religious context that have defined the term. Thus this is completely nonsensical drivel based on the anthropomorphization of Nature and the attempted generalization of the tenets of a singular religion that they want to impose on everyone and everything outside that religious community.

In other words, the illusion that it doesn’t matter what you do as long you can convince others that mumbling a prayer to an invisible sky-god or telling a member of the clerical caste what you have done (who in return pretends the sky-god forgives you), everything is OK. Or, in short, a slick way of getting away with things under the cover of superstition.

Nature and the cosmos does not give a damn about the human concept of forgiveness. It is irrelevant. And your statement above is both irrelevant and empty.

I fixed that for you.

More irrelevant and nonsensical drivel.

I’ll rephrase this for you:
“Whoever understands the concept of forgiveness and can forgive their peers, will make social cooperation and interaction within the relevant group of people smoother.”
No need to invoke supernatural concepts to do or understand this.

Edit: fixed a brainfart.

2 Likes

His endless and overly verbose verbiage is an assault on the senses, and I’m inclined never to forgive him just for that.

Worse still he might have simply quoted one of the greatest wordsmiths to have ever existed, on the topic.

“The quality of mercy is not strained;
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
'T is mightiest in the mightiest; it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown:
His sceptre shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptred sway;
It is enthronèd in the hearts of kings,
It is an attribute to God himself;
And earthly power doth then show likest God’s
When mercy seasons justice.”

At least old Will Shakespeare’s version has literary merit, that detracts from the woo woo superstition expressed.

The thread authors version had all the literary value of a flattened turd at the side of the road, and if possible, with slightly less overall appeal.

1 Like

Or even the verbosity of his endless and overly verbose verbiage?

Or is that way too much over the top in terms of redundant superfluous pleonasms? :thinking:

He’s overcome with the exuberance of his own excessive verbosity…

:grin: