Ten Commandments in school classrooms?

Thank you. That’s exactly what I mean.

I’m actually somewhat sympathetic toward gun ownership, as I own a gun, which is in my hurricane kit.

There is a difference between a hunting rifle and a military-style assault rifle that’s more appropriate for an infantry soldier than a hunter or farmer . . . and this common-sense difference is lost on public.

In my country, the cops have been accused of indiscriminately shooting innocent people, but no one ever mentions that the cops are often drastically outgunned by what are–essentially–machine guns.

The political right claim that semiauto guns like the AR-15 are not machine guns . . . but I object to guns like the AR-15 because it is easy to modify into a full-auto gun. You can even create a credible machine gun out of an AR-15 with nothing more than a strong rubber band.

This is not true of lever-action or bolt-action rifles, so I stand by my objections.

If I was a cop, I’d be both paranoid and ready to fire at all times.

This is why you couldn’t get me to be a cop for $300,000 a year.

I really feel like I don’t understand people, and it scares me how clueless I seem to be.

Having been a paramedic, I absolutely hate the fucking AR-15 rifle.

The mass shooting in Las Vegas (59 dead at an outdoor music concert) was carried out by a psychopath with an AR-15 and a bump stock.

The bump stock is a mass-produced, cheap device that does what the rubber band does . . . although in a slightly different way.

In fairness, the bumpstock has been outlawed.

I lost a friend (Ray Vazquez) in a mass shooting that happened in a fast food place in West Palm Beach.

I knew him and his wife for years (we were all paramedics), and he was a stand-up guy.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.tcpalm.com/news/more-than-1000-mourn-wendys-shooting-victim-ep-404119204-348954221.html&ved=2ahUKEwj2qM2wpcb-AhX8tYQIHa0-C9sQFnoECBIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0AGfOsmeniNM8LtBan2auf

1 Like

The mother of his puppies???

1 Like

So you understood him to be talking about doggos? Why would anyone want to slap a puppers? Are you some kind of Michael Vick?

1 Like

I don’t know man, why not just tell them you believe in Santa Claus? The look on their face would make you laugh. :laughing:

1 Like

Satanists don’t believe in Satan. (Well, the variety he is talking about anyway,) Satanism is a movement designed to poke a stick at the Christian folk. As such, it is a lot like the Flying Spaghetti monster. Pastafarians do not believe there is an actual Flying Spaghetti Monster, they simply use all the basic arguments for theism to support the idea of a flying spaghetti monster. Every argument ever made can be used to support a flying spaghetti monster or a Satan. All you got to do is fill in the gaps with your favorite deity.

4 Likes

I’d rather have them think I’m an evil, baby eating, animal sacrificing psychopath who worships the Devil than just an ordinary nut bag. This way no one ever fucks with me or my family.

There are a few Satanist’s out there that believe in a literal Devil, and worship him like a god.

2 Likes

Nah man. The Santa Claus is way more terrifying than Satan. That asshole dresses in red and then breaks into people’s houses to give gifts to their little kids. I mean, that’s pretty fucked up. Anyone who does that gets put on the registry and has to stay 500 feet away from schools and play grounds :joy:

3 Likes

A bit of good news…

Edit: Thou shalt shutup

6 Likes

Good. They need to be more strict and enforce it and not allow people like the principal at my daughter’s school to sneak the church in during the lunch hour and bribe students with take out to get them to agree to pray to the church’s god. That should never be allowed! Enough is not being done.

3 Likes

Whew! I just read the news a few minutes ago, and knew the topic was discusses here. One tiny step for humanity’s sanity and church-state separation in the U.S.
I had guessed it would pass their house because of peer pressure and threats of shunning of any nay voters.

But apparently I’m a little ignorant of the legislative process in Texas or across the country: why was there a deadline? Anyone more read on American legislative processes feel free to answer.

With this “less than vital” bill, I had thought they would debate and vote on the bill when they got to it, even in a later session. I suspect they relegated this bill with no intent to vote in order to avoid the controversies on both sides.
Nice to know in this case a deadline was established.

2 Likes

State legislatures should all have a rule that automatically kills any submitted bill that attempts to legislate something that has already been declared unconstitutional.

5 Likes

They are more concerned about the 10 Commandments then they are about assault rifles and school shootings.

4 Likes

Well, if you put the 10 commandments in the schools, no one would dare use an assault rifle. God would be watching and our school would be returned to a place of higher learning on holy grounds.

2 Likes

I wish that sentiment were true.
But a lot of cwythtian theists seem to ignore their own deity’s commandments, especially the batshit crazy ones that think they’re doing their concept-of-a-deity’s will (i.e. killing of heathen teachers and their pupils). If not, they ignore the commandments in order to satisfy some kind of vengeance. Some other nutcases just want their name in the news.
And they’re just a sample of the sick folks in this ‘wonderful’ country.

In case you’re interested in investing in a really sweet real estate deal . . . I have a nice colonial home that I want to sell you at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington D.C…

I can get you great terms.

1 Like

No no no… You don’t understand. God has a plan. It only looks like they are ignoring the commandments to you. Everything is done in God’s name. Isaiah 45 - 7 “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.” There is no escaping, 'God done it!"

2 Likes

I just checked it out on Zillow. Can you put a deal together for less than 100k? I really don’t have a desire to retire in luxury. I want a simple place near the ocean, a lake, or a river. A place where I can take walks, go fishing, and perhaps enjoy some nighttime festivities. It would be great to have the swimming pool next to the helipad. Now if you could get that taken care of and paint the whole place green (with a banana tree motif) we might make a deal.

1 Like

Yes, I recall the divine plan, but do the perpetrators know it or think of it? Seems a lot of followers don’t read much of ‘the word.’ But if they do, then I assume they utilize the divine plan as their excuse to kill–in their deity’s name no less.
Then "Thou shalt not kill’ seems to me a waste of ink … er stone chiselling or etching, without including stipulations which many followers use–to fulfill the divine plan.

But yes, I sure wish followers would observe that commandment and not use firearms on the public.

1 Like

Matthew 7:22
Yes, yes. But the good lord knows those that are his. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works. Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!

Matthew 7:15, “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

REMEMBER: Matthew 24:24, For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

The true followers know who they are. The true followers follow God’s will and his interpretation of the holy commandments./

1 Like