New guy who believes in God

Wimps.

Thank you all for enlightening me to that which you are all clearly enamored.

Hey, don’t let them fool you. This is what they REALLY prefer. (Oh, by the way, Cog, I’ll get these back to you next week. Hope you don’t mind.)

You bought those from her Only Fans :rofl:

Wimps.

2 Likes

Sick individuals all.

Nope. I borrowed them from Cog. Not sure where he got them.

Yes! THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is how you do it! :+1:

I wondered where they went. I have been forced to wear …
for the last month.

Oohh baby! You've Seen One Woman Naked - YouTube
Ron White says it better than me.

Hi Eli, welcome to AR. I’ll start with my usual enquiry.

What objective evidence can you demonstrate for any deity or deities?

Why would the absence of a deity mean the universe came from nothing? Also what objective evidence can you demonstrate that the universe didn’t or can’t come from nothing? NB please note those are questions, not assertions.

I agree we are not an entirely random accident. Humans evolved slowly as have all living things. We share almost 50% of our DNA with trees for example.

Those are claims Eli, not evidence. Again I’m not making a contrary claim, only pointing out you are not evidencing any deity here, only making broad unevidenced assumptions.

Atheism isn’t a belief Eli, it is the lack or absence of belief in any deity or deities.

The fear of not knowing something, and the willingness to base belief on unevidenced assumption? Also how can you claim to know what will and will not be known in future? That’s a rather silly assertion.

1 Like

Do you even have a clue how obtuse your response is Eli? He asks for evidence of God and you say, Sure, the uiniverse did not come from nothing? Really? What in the hell does that have to do with a god? How in the hell would you know where the universe came from or even if it came from anyplace? What makes you smarter than the greatest brains on this planet?

Here is a riddle for you. Mass and energy exist. The first law asserts that if heat is recognized as a form of energy, then the total energy of a system plus its surroundings is conserved ; in other words, the total energy of the universe remains constant. Einstein showed us that mass and energy are the same thing. “E=MC squared” So we know shit exists. We know shit is conserved and that the total of all the shit in the universe stays the same. So… Where did all this shit go so that you came up with ‘nothing?’ How do you start with everything and end up with nothing? Can you demonstrate this for us? (I agree, the universe did not come from nothing. How can nothing exist? The universe does exist. What makes you think it ‘CAME’ from anyplace?

Yes,l we are not a random (anything). Physics can pretty much explain why that is. Have you ever seen a Periodic Table?

What does that even mean? Are you attempting to reference the ‘SINGULARITY?’ The “Big Bang” is not a thing. Are you asserting that you know why the singularity began to expand? Do you understand that if you could demonstrate why the universe began to expand you would be awarded a Nobel Prize. Do you know what you are talking about?

So, “Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks”? Psalm 137:9
" “Happy is the one” who kills the infants of their enemy." Isaiah 13:16
“Cities that neither “receive” the disciples nor “hear” their words will be destroyed” Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to[theearth I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn ‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.…

So you just go ahead and be happy with your delusional bullshit. Knowing that one does not know why is not the same thing as asserting one does know why. Your evidence for the existence of anything even nearing a god is woefully ignorant.

1 Like

I know, my stock response to unevidenced assumptions about the origins of the universe is, how many universes were in your test group?

Or how much nothing were you able to test, in your experiment something can’t come from it?

That’s before we point out the false dichotomy fallacy of his assumption it’s either a universe from nothing, or an unevidenced deity using inexplicable magic.

2 Likes

That’s in a closed system, correct?

How do we know the Universe is a closed system?

Isn’t it simple? The state of the singularity was extremely uniform and homogeneous, correct?

The third law of thermodynamics states that all systems tend towards higher entropy and that is why the singularity began to change creating time, space, matter, energy, etc.

Maybe the bigger question is how did the three laws of thermodynamics come about amidst the singularity? It makes sense to me that a cyclical universe which expands and contracts would have a singularity which is always subject to the third law of thermodynamics.

But, I suppose that a cyclical universe which reaches a tipping point in its expansion defies the third law. Ie. all systems involving matter and energy tend towards less entropy. Or, I suppose you could fashion a contracting universe in which the third law of thermodynamics holds. I haven’t given it much thought, but it would seem like a brain teaser considering that the ultimate fate of a contracting universe is an entirely uniform and homogeneous singularity.

To address the question of where the universe came from, suppose it’s always been here - contracting and expanding. Wrapping your brain around an eternal universe with no ultimate starting or ending point and no “absolute” point of expansion is just as easy or difficult as positing something from nothing or even something from a deity (depending on how stupid or intelligent you are).

Especially if time and space are outcomes of an expanding singularity. The question of when and where and how the universe began is a waste of time. It’s here now. Deal with it. Pray to God all you like, Eli. He’s not listening. And even if He is, you’ve got to learn to wipe your ass on your own.

“Oh, dear Lord above! I beckon thee. Please clean my ass! Have I not been good to my neighbour? Where is my reward from up on high?”

God doesn’t give a shit about you, Eli. He gives a shit about me. That’s why He took me into His spaceship and locked me in a room. And in fact, when I met Him, He appeared not as a burning bush - but rather as an industrial strength toilet. It is true what they say: “God works in mysterious ways”.

When I merged with toilet consciousness, I understood the scope of the God Head. I understood His reasons and His methods. We are a tiny side project to the OverLord. He is very busy driving the entire Universe in a certain direction. Although the fate of the Universe is not an absolute certainty, it will happen just as He intends. God is capable of creating instantaneously and changing things instantaneously while knowing exactly how things will wind up in the end. That is the paradox of God’s free will. He already knows what the outcome of a process is, while creating spontaneously without even a moment of hesitation or planning. It’s a fucked up kind of consciousness which we share with him.

How can you assume that when the product (the expansion) had turbulence?

I would have to say that the singularity might have remained the same for quite, quite, quite a long time.

If contraction is the case, then there is a “boomerang” effect.

The creation of matter and energy begins to stir and discombobulate the singularity.

Otherwise (in a non-contracting universe) there does not seem to be a reason for the singularity to create turbulence.

I would assume that the turbulence is a by product of the backwards pull of contraction.

In other words, the singularity was never “completely” homogeneous and uniform - there was always a “slight” potential for turbulence.

Otherwise, I don’t see a reason for the singularity to expand.