Hell is also for fools

Also don’t hold people’s feet to the fire if they have sick relatives, that shit don’t fly here. That should defiantly be listed in the unlisted rules.

1 Like

Yea, dicks are sacred, even if they are rusty.

No, Johnny, I didn’t.
I never had any gods in the first place. There was no replacement.

4 Likes

If we are really lucky; Johnny will be a presuppositionalist.

I agreed to “debate” one once. At the start they asked me when I stopped believing, I said I never believed. They said that was a lie, I walked out. Lasted about 90 seconds.

4 Likes

You believe that? What do you want from an atheist forum?

1 Like

lol why don’t Theists understand that? I never believed in god. I tried. Kind of hard to make yourself believe in a fictional character just to please your family and friends. I couldn’t do it.

2 Likes

Just one, did I see a puddy-tat? I taut I saw a puddy-tat.

1 Like

Now, that is funny! :rofl:

1 Like

Please allow me to play out a scenario.

There is a glass jar full of candies. There are either an even or odd number of candies in there. I claim that, without counting them, that there is an even number of candies. You do not believe me. You are not stating that I am wrong, only that you have trouble believing I can get it right without counting them.

That is the same with my position as an atheist. A theist states there is a god. I have not been provided with enough evidence to convince me, so I withhold belief.

I do not reject, I just do not accept without evidence.

5 Likes

Stop it. That’s just mean, exploiting an innocent creature’s fears…

Edit (brave chirp)

1 Like

I read the replies and NOT one would attempt to show you look at this in a sequential and logical manner. You badmouth the bible as it’s clear you don’t understand it. You are all afraid to even take a stab at how you think the universe came about all on its own. You give a bunch of sorry excuses why you won’t, but none of you are honest enough to admit you don’t have anything. Again, you can’t get past verse one so you jump all over thinking you can show how the bible is all screwed up as you pretend to be so clever. Just say you’re afraid to think and would much rather pretend to each other that you can.

Here’s an example…“A theist states there is a god. I have not been provided with enough evidence to convince me, so I withhold belief.”

Then you MUST have some good idea how we got the creation of the universe. I’m assuming you sensed we have a creation filled with things. Yet you need evidence for a supernatural creator, God, because you have not been provided with enough evidence. Then you must have a good idea how we got all this without any need for God since you have not been provided with enough evidence. If you have no evidence how we got all this then naturally, then you’d think that would be a clue that it is evidence for a supernatural God. Come on, there has to be somebody in this forum that actually thinks! What are you all so afraid of? YOUR side blasted the bible. Fine, but it is rather telling that you can’t even make it past the first verse then pretend to have a grasp of it to make fun of it.

Thank you for your response Johnny.

Fair enough, let us start at the beginning. And approaching this in a sequential manner, first we must establish the validity of the bible. I am a skeptic, I do not accept tales without due diligence.

At best, the bible is a series of tales, each copies of copies of translations of copies with no original documents. Only in 325 AD at the First Council of Nicaea was the bible collated. And even then, the express purpose of the council was to promote christianity. It had an agenda, which was not to be honest and true, but to give a specific perspective for christianity.

Who knows what documents were left out, which were edited, and which were left untouched.

In summation, the bible is the claim, it is not the proof of god or jesus.

To make a rational examination and determination whether there is a god, I require some form of evidence outside of the bible.

Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

In the beginning … what came before?

God created the heavens and the earth … but how could a god come before the beginning? A beginning is the start point, it is not midway or even near the start.

How do we know there is a god?
How do we know this universe was “created”? Proof please.

So Genesis 1:1 is contradictory and irrational, it lacks explanation and any evidence.

Personally I lean on evidence and logical thought. That is what keeps me alive, I look both ways before I cross a street.

This leads me to have good confidence on the big bang theory because the explanation is rational, uses evidence, and is not contradictory.

1 Like

Oh you want guesses? That is easy: I’ll guess the universe tunneled from nothing to something. There, enjoy!

Want more? I’ll make a different guess: maybe the universe has always existed.

PS: let me know if you need more. I can make up guesses all day.

5 Likes

What in the wide, wide world of sports does not knowing how the universe started have to do with believing in any gods? Are you so limited as to think that it’s one or the other; that if one is unable to say how it started then a god must have done it? Wow!

Why must I?

4 Likes

Why do you think the universe came about on its own? Does that make any sense? Do you have any evidence for this claim?

Sounds perfectly logical to me. What do you think is wrong with it?

The two ideas are completely unrelated. I have no idea at all how the universe started or even if it started. Why would you assume it was ‘created.’ Do you have any evidence at all for a creating force of any kind? You want to share that with us?

Well, you know what they say about ‘assumptions.’ Why would I assume such a thing? I have not seen or have any reason to believe this ‘creation,’ assertion of yours. Can you demonstrate any kind of creation at all?

I need evidence for anything at all that is ‘supernatural.’ Supernatural unicorns, fairies, spirits, ghosts, and gods. The time to believe something is when there is evidence supporting it. You got any evidence for this god thing?

No evidence is evidence of a god? You have to be joking. That is the stupidest comment of the year. What have you been doing, sipping on the communion wine? Someone put some shit in the holy water?

That would be another fallacy. There does not ‘have to be’ anyone in the forum at all who thinks. AI has come a long way. What appears to be evident is that there is no one in the forum who thinks like you.

Ignorance. Sounding like you. Living a life in delusion. Wallowing in stupidity.

11 Likes

Most people on this forum have a VERY good understanding of the texts that make up the bible. Some have great knowledge of the NT and others awesome knowledge of the Septuagint, yet others on the origins of the “bible” and the development of the modern christian “faith” . I would suggest you start by asking questions instead of assuming the greater knowledge…many have done so here, none remain.

What is this “creation” of which you speak?

False dichotomy and begging the question. Please do betterr. You are making assumptions about “creation”, and that it pertains to your particular choice of a god or gods. Somewhat arrogant isn’t it?

It is funny, that is why anyone with the slightest pretence at having paid attention in Middle school treats the genesis account on a par with all the other world First Nation tales of the beginning of man’s journey to the present.

The fact that genesis itself cannot distinguish between birds and bats, is unable to identify insects as opposed to arachnids, thinks genetics come from colored sticks and that man was created fully formed is beyond ridiculous for modern guidance to the beginning of “all life on Earth”

Hence my first comment that gave such offence. Given your latest post it seems I was somewhat prescient in your abilities of comprehension

No, that the known Universe MAY have had a beginning some 13.5 billion years ago is all we know at the moment.
Anyone who claims absolute knowledge of the mooted beginning is delusional at best, a flim flam merchant at worst.

4 Likes

That’s nonsense, you used a false dichotomy fallacy, and I pointed it out, and now you’re accusing others of being irrational, do you think logic is something you can bluff?

And there is a repetition of your false dichotomy fallacy, you are the one who is being irrational, by definition. If you think any part of the bible objectively evidences any deity or anything supernatural, then cite it and stop trying to reverse your burden of proof, as no one will fall for your use of argumentum ad ignorantiam fallacies here.

That’s gibberish, it’s your claim to believe a deity exists and that the bible has merit, then please demonstrate some objective evidence to support your claims.

3 Likes

Of course @Johnny does! Why else would he be seeming to make the tacit suggestion that his God thing is how the universe came about?

He must be headed towards outlining how other explanations, like the standard model of cosmology for instance, aren’t as clever or explanatory.

His demonstration will be logical and sequential, and he’s about to hit us with it at any moment here.

I mean, if he isn’t about to lay that on us, his posts up until now make little sense. Surely he isn’t that meretricious! Haha!

Right, Johnny?

3 Likes

I am under the impression our angry theist friend has come in with the intent of asking a ridiculous question, and when no easy and quick answer is forthcoming, going “Ah hah, see? Because you can not answer, there is a god!!!”

Facepalm time.

4 Likes

Despite his protestations he either has no intention of debating anything, or has simply parroted an argument he’s heard and wrongly thinks is compelling. However, implying a belief gains credence because you can’t disprove it, is as we all know an argumentum ad ignorantiam fallacy, so his posturing accusations that others are not using logic is pretty ironic, though I’d bet a months salary the irony is lost on him.

4 Likes