Hell is also for fools

Yes, to be fair all the signs indicated it was another drive-by proselytising.

To paraphrase Star Wars, the urge to preach is strong in this one.

5 Likes

I, for one, shall not be abandoning my Bacon God for the Idiot Servile God, or whomever was mentioned in the OP.

Or was I following the God that Mohammad fellow was spouting about some centuries ago? Or was it the God of Everything…?

Shit. I just wish someone would provide my credulous ass with evidence of one of them.

2 Likes

I am so glad to hear this…We “of the faith” must remain steadfast…

Edit: BLT

Or do you mean that god is everything, or everything is a god? Now I’m confused again.

2 Likes

Not to be pedantic (again) but it is cornfused
To answer your question; it is neither. As Blue said “God of Everything”. This means that everything is the creator of God. My broken Seiko watch, the dried catshit in the driveway, batteries, and on and on. The innate and “spi-ritual” power within these things are the source and creative inpetus for God…there, that should put your mind at ease…any other questions?

Edit for repetitive redundancy again and again

1 Like

Hello everyone, I read the OP and the replies. Off the bat, I’m a Christian. As I’m being honest, I’m not a Christian that goes to a church or belongs to a similar organization. A lot of my ‘debates’ and disagreements have been with other 'Christians."

I sincerely don’t want to break any of your rules so if anyone spots a rule I’m breaking, please bring it to my attention. Just because any group I find I disagree with, I respect their right to have their organization as it is with no unwanted harassment. Fair enough?

What the OP gave does not fit with the bible, nor do the remarks I heard about the bible from others. Things have to be done in a logical, sequential manner. To say something is understood, it has to be demonstrated why it is understood. Sure, I can jump to the subject of hell, or the topics in this thread that others brought up that all are misunderstood, but what for? If it is shown that people did not look at things in a logical way, then there is no sense in trying to be logical with them.

On a side note, having read the rules about being civil, is this considered civil on this forum?..

“Nobody will go to hell. It is a made up story. One has to be cerebrally challenged to believe such idiocy. Grow up.
Edit: grow the fuck up.”

Is that the civility to base my standard on? Just asking.

So if you claim to understand the bible and point out all that’s wrong with it, how did you take it in a sequential manner and get past verse one? Did the universe create itself? Is that what makes sense to you? What common sense or even scientific evidence is there to back that up?

“I’ve been preached to for so many years and by so many other people that my only response to that crap is fuck you and your god. I won’t tolerate it from anyone, including you.”

(Wow, civil must have a different meaning here.)

Ok, do that and show what you have. Show you’ve thought this through from the start, creation, and then what followed after that. Show that it just came all along on its own, no supernatural creator, God, needed. You threw out God for something else better to replace God. So show your better choice, creation happened on its own, how?

1 Like

All is EG and EG is the all of everything.

This is explained in fine detail elsewhere by Brother Cog; the clarity is almost alarmingly nauseating.

2 Likes

Uh…(choke choke…squeaky cough…) Almost?

Edit phlegm

3 Likes

oh dear, another attempt to reverse the burden of evidence.

5 Likes

Welcome to AR, Johnny.

Well, risking a repeat of covered ground is one way of introducing one’s self, I’ll admit that.

(Edited for search, read, develop situational awareness)

Greetings and welcome.
Could you please clarify a bit what you mean? This statement strikes me strangely, as you have added a qualifier in “As I’m being honest”. Is being honest in your discussions an option?
Also, can you indulge me by stating what it is that you believe and what has brought you to the point of being convinced enough to identify yourself as a Christian?
Thanks and enjoy your visit.

Edit ambiguity

1 Like

That’s a false dichotomy fallacy, we are not faced with a choice between the unevidenced creation myth of the bible, and the universe creating itself, beyond the big bang and what physics understand from it, we don’t know how the universe came to exist. However not having an alternative to a claim is not evidence for that claim, and therefore lends it no credence logically.

Oh and welcome to AI.

That’s an argumentum ad ignorantiam fallacy, and can not know how the universe originated, and still disbelieve in any deity, since I have seen no objective evidence for any deity, or that a deity is even possible. We know the universe is possible, and that natural phenomena are possible, if anyone starts adding unevidenced creation myths then Occam’s razor seems to apply.

FWIW I have found a great many religious apologists or theists make this most basic error when they confront atheism. Atheism is simply the lack or absence of belief in any deity or deities, it is not itself a belief claim or assertion, or world view, and it has no dogma or doctrine, though atheists may and usually do have a world view, hold beliefs, and sometimes even adhere to dogma.

4 Likes

Howdy, Johnny. Nice of you to join us. Just so you know, I am SO glad you asked about the civility problem here. I have tried my best to be civil with these ungodly heathens and warn them that God will send them all to hell where they will suffer agonizing burning toture for eternity if they don’t get their shit together and start worshiping such a loving and caring Lord and Savior. Try as I might, though, none of these ignorant fuckers will listen. They all just laugh at me, and then Cog starts talking about his “Everything God.” Like, Ooooooo, how “scary”, right? As if anybody is gonna be afraid of a god that doesn’t even threaten to kill you for masturbating. Anyway, glad you are here. Now that I have some backup, maybe we can finally pound some damn civility into these sorry bastards.

1 Like

Very good, though this is already amusing, as people obviously do hold varyingly different subjective views on what is civil. One of the things I like about this forum is that the mods don’t baby us, as so often happens on other sites, where the mods allow all manner of shit, but get bent out of shape when you point out someone is lying or being dishonest. Lying paradoxically often seems to go unchecked on many of those same sites. So who cares if someone occasionally calls someone a lying cunt.

Unrelated hypothetical story by the way… :innocent:

1 Like

That’s reversing the Burden of Proof. OP made god claims. It is not our job to validate or verify a Christian’s beliefs to them. It’s their job to prove it to those who do not believe them.

When Christians say that a god exists, I don’t believe them. Why? Because they have not presented evidence. Evidence as in Admissible Evidence that would pass in a court of law or win that Christian a Nobel Prize for discovering a scientific method that evidences the existence of a deity. FAITH and THE BIBLE are not evidence. Those are claims. Anecdotal evidence is inadmissible.

I don’t believe Christians for the same reason YOU YOURSELF do not believe in the other 17,999 deities from other religions.

2 Likes

As we have already read some of the non-God fearing, heathen nonsense on this blasphemous site, I suggest we follow this directive as outlined in Mark… in order to maximize our grown up-ness and minimize the chances of going to the bad place.

There is nothing more sequentially sensical than rooting out one’s organs by divine directive!

“47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire :”

2 Likes

Any statement about the bible is inconsistent with the bible; because the bible is self contradictory.

6 Likes

Welcome to Atheist Republic Johnny

As an Admin I consider it my duty to protect the members and foster a healthy dialogue. We are all adults in here, we all come in here on our own choice, so I don’t hold hands or change diapers. Only when a member’s activities become more than just troublesome do I apply sanctions. And even then, with remorse.

I am a firm supporter of free speech, and just as supportive in the healthy exchange of ideas and positions. I attempt to not steer the conversations, so be warned, it can go seriously off-topic and I will be eating popcorn from the sidelines. Only when a member maliciously attempts to control the conversation by changing topic or is deliberately abusive will I step in.

If you are offended by the actions of others, I can not act if you do not send me a private message. I am not a mind reader. You also have the option to ignore and not reply to someone being an asshole to you. And to be honest, I wish I saw more of that than a conversation devolving into a nasty shit-throwing contest.

Atheists discussing religion with theists is a contentious and confrontational topic and environment. The use of powerful words is the least of my worries. Especially since those same phrases are common in most movies. If you can sit through Deadpool without fainting, you are expected to tolerate strong words in here.

We are all adults in here.

4 Likes

Belief in a supernatural god(s) is the same as believing in the Loch Ness monster. You claim it’s real, so you have to show us that it’s true, with evidence. We do not have to prove that it doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

Oh HELL no! I ain’t falling for THAT shit again. Last time y’all convinced me to obey that nonsense, I ended up losing one eye, my tongue, my right hand, and then damn near lost my penis before Dave finally stepped in to stop you idiots.

1 Like