Hell is also for fools

Most people who go to hell are not evil. Most people are not evil, but they are idiots. Everyone here knows a lot of people. Of these, how many are really bad? The minority. So, that’s why Christ says that the road that leads to hell is wide. You see, if the path that leads to hell were only for the wicked, it would be narrow. But the path of perdition is not only for the wicked, it is for the wicked and the foolish. What does Christ say at the end of the Sermon on the Mount? He says that whoever hears his words and puts them into practice is likened to a wise, prudent man. And whoever hears his words and does not put them into practice is not compared to an evil man, but to a fool who has wasted his whole life.

Quoting Frithjof Schuon:

''Many people imagine that Hell is for those who killed, stole, fornicated, lied and so on, and that it is enough to have abstained from these actions to deserve Heaven; in reality, the soul goes to the fire for not having loved God or for not having loved him sufficiently; this can be understood by remembering the Supreme Law of the Bible: to love God with all our faculties and all our being. The absence of that love is not necessarily murder or lying or any other transgression, but it is necessarily indifference; and this is usually the most widespread vice, it is the very mark of the Fall. It is possible that the indifferent are not criminals, but it is impossible that they are saints. They are the ones who enter through the ‘wide gate’ and walk through the ‘spacious way’, and it is of them that the Apocalypse says: 'So, because you are lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth" .

Indifference to the truth and to God is next to pride and is not without hypocrisy; its apparent sweetness is full of sufficiency and arrogance; In this state of mind, the individual is content with himself, even if he accuses himself of small faults and is modest, which does not compromise him in anything and, on the contrary, reinforces his illusion of being virtuous. It is the criterion of indifference that makes it possible to surprise the ‘average man’ as in ‘flagrante delicto’; to take the most hidden and insidious vice, so to speak, by the throat and prove to each one his poverty and misery; it is this indifference which is, in short, ‘original sin’ or which manifests it most fully’’.

Welcome to Atheist Republic nevermind.

So to sum up your post, in order to get to heaven I must embrace jesus and love god?

I am unable because your god sanctions such horrors as slavery, genocide, and placing women as second-class citizens. Additionally, I do not want to go to heaven, where free will is taken away and I must spend my days either on my knees sucking god’s penis or singing lame songs.

I may change my position if I am assured there are hookers and cocaine in heaven.

3 Likes

I don’t think there are such things as hell or heaven. I don’t think there are such things as gods, god or evil people (unless we consider those with psychological issues)
I don’t get upset about that.

1 Like

Welcome to atheist republic, but it’s worth pointing out that the atheists here don’t believe in hell anymore than they do a deity or deities. So my question as always is what objective evidence can you demonstrate that hell or an afterlife exist? Unless you can do that, and no offence is intended, this just sounds like someone talking about unicorn husbandry to me.

3 Likes

Cocaine and female type hookers (even former ones) with smallish breasts, yes. Strong emphasis on the second one.

Bonus if god stays the hell out of our party.

1 Like

I don’t believe in your god for the same reasons you don’t believe in the other 17,999 gods.

4 Likes

Since we’re dealing with hypothetical bliss, would there be any need for hookers? Just randy people with liberal attitudes would do, and of course cocaine would be fab, since it can’t harm you if you’re immortal. I mean it’s pretty good anyway, but without the health risks.

1 Like

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
(Matthew 7:21 - 23)

(Matthew 7:13-14)
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way , which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

(Revelation 3)
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Hell will be full of Christians. In fact, I know that every church in town is following a false prophet and that my church is the only true Christian Church. Many will come in his name. They will all burn in Hell.

1 Like

Yeah, but that wasn’t the true God, see?

Or it was all the same God but people were just calling it by a different name. Yeah, yeah that’s probably it.

:roll_eyes:

Welcome to the AR, Nevermind. If I had known we were going to be treated to a sermon today, I might have brought enough popcorn for everybody. Alas, I made only one bowl full. Still, I don’t mind sharing. Anyway, about those two paths…

The Stairway to Heaven: Because it’s a long damn eternal climb into white robes and infinite praising of a narcissistic genocidal megalomaniac.

Highway to Hell: No speed limit, with plenty of passing lanes. Even has an H.O.V. lane or two in case you have friends with you. The only real downside is that most of the passing lanes will likely be backed up by so many slow-poke Christians thinking they are on their way to church.

Oh, please keep in mind, I do not believe in either of those things. Nevertheless, it is always fun for me to think of such matters in various “abstract” ways. Cheap mental entertainment, if you know what I mean.

(Edit for speeding ticket.)

2 Likes

And in the end, this sermon is just fearmongering. Religion could not exist without fear, so sad.

4 Likes

Hello, nevermind. I got stuck on your first sentence.
Scenario: I have 3 children. One thinks I’m the best thing since sliced bread. She tells me all the time how wonderful I am. The next child is a real shit. She kicks people, takes their candy, beat up the disabled neighbor, and just laughs about it all. The third kid is pretty middle of the road. She busies herself reading, laying in the grass and watching clouds go by, not bugging me.
As their parent, I keep the the first child with me, getting whatever she wants. The other two, though, I’ve chained in the basement. At least now the neighbor kid will be safe from the one and the clouds can drift by freely without the other.
Im the best parent ever, and deserve accolades from everyone!

7 Likes

Christopher Hitchens made a good example of this conversation.

6 Likes

Yeah! (Clapping hands and feet wildly.)

Well, greetings and salutations. I hope your stay here is a productive one.
I have become a master at ignoring the fear-based messaging of Christianity. Your God could not deliver so much as a blister on my little toe. I, along with every other human being who has ever lived, have never witnessed so much as a hint of evidence of the existence of ANY god(s). I openly and adamantly challenge you or anyone else to demonstrate otherwise.
Now, the idea that anyone could “love” the God of the Bible is, well, absurd and incoherent. To suggest groveling at the feet of a murderous thug indicates a lack or loss of a sense of humanity.
I am truly curious as to what has convinced you enough to claim belief. Please do not use the word faith in any response, as I do not recognize it as a legitimate reason or excuse.
Enjoy your stay here.

7 Likes

Wow, what a repetitively boring spewing of hate and fear. Could you at least put some creativity into it? I mean seriously, where is the showmanship? No wonder fewer people go to church these days.

4 Likes

I’ve been preached to for so many years and by so many other people that my only response to that crap is fuck you and your god. I won’t tolerate it from anyone, including you.

4 Likes

Can you demonstrate which parts of the bible might be the words of Jesus? Are you cherry-picking the Sermon on the Mount? What about, "For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the Scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” Hmmmm… I personally do not know, nor have I ever met, a Christian that fits this bill. (The whole saved by grace and believe, and you will be saved garbage, came from Paul, not Jesus. Jesus was very clear, ****

3 Likes

Why has Nevermind not responded to us? I’ve been waiting for another of his sermons. Did I get all dressed up for nothing?.. Oh, nevermind… :unamused:

3 Likes

Nobody will go to hell. It is a made up story. One has to be cerebrally challenged to believe such idiocy. Grow up.

Edit: grow the fuck up.

3 Likes