Existence Of God

Yes…I’m duplicating a post because it hit me! We have a Muslim (who seems somewhat more engaged in follow up) and a Christian selling us their own version of god at the same time (roughly) … based on drumroll

Hmmm :thinking: quite the quandary.

Which one to choose???

Fair enough, I retract that. Our distant ancestors survived dinosaurs, rather. I don’t mean to suggest dinos were hanging out with primitive humans.

No problem :slight_smile:

In any case, the sudden disappearance of the dinosaurs (except the ancestors of what is now birds), opened up lots of different ecological niches that were held or dominated by these animals. And these niches (or at the very least many of them) were soon filled by mammals, after some quick evolutionary diversification of the surviving mammalian species.

Doesn’t even crack my top 50, anymore than I wonder if mermaids are real.

That’s pretty closed minded tbh. That level of closed minded boas is unlikely to lead to the truth.

What objective evidence can you demonstrate for any deity or deities?

There is no scientific evidence for any deity, that is axiomatic, else there would be a global scientific consensus accepting this conclusion, as that is how the method works.

That’s an argumentum ad ignorantiam fallacy. I suggest you look it up, as it is used more than any other logical fallacy in religious apologetics.

Life exists, naturalmphenomena exist, those are objective facts. So your claim that it requires inexplicable magic from an unevidenced deity is irrational, can you even demonstrate any objective evidence that a deity or anything supernatural is even possible? I doubt it, or you would have done so here. Instead you’ve just listed some scientific facts, and asserted or assumed they are evidence for a deity.

1 Like

Medical science and biology don’t evidence anything supernatural, that is axiomatic.

I believe David was pointing out your argument was using an argumentum ad ignorantiam fallacy, again you ought to familiarize yourself with this and other common logical fallacies, as it’s surprising how relentlessly theists use such fallacies in the mistaken belief they represent sound reasoning.

Nothing in evolution evidences or even requires any deity. Nothing in evolution evidences anything supernatural, that is axiomatic.

That makes no sense sorry. Atheism is simply the lack or absences of belief in any deity or deities, evolution is an acceptable scientific theory that evidences and explains the origins and diversity of species. It has nothing to do with atheism. I’m an atheist because no one can demonstrate any objective evidence for any deity, evolution has nothing to do with that.

The human body? You’re kidding right? I’d have thought the irony of that statement in the middle of a devastating global pandemic couldn’t possibly be lost on anyone. I guess you have to be so closed minded you are incapable of doubt to miss that amount of irony.

The god part you’re adding is pure unevidenced assumption so far.

A little early in the discourse for ad hominem. It is incumbent upon the writer to make their point clear btw, it is not for the reader to decipher ambiguity.

Which is it?

1 Like

Oh dear, another ignoramus, a Muslim just for a change ,Wait----umm isn’t there one here pretending to be an atheist? Same tired old nonsense, demonstrating that the person does not understand the basics of reasoned discourse and is scientifically illiterate.

It is said one should take care with wishes. Only a few posts ago I said I was
looking forward to the Muslim claims for scientific discoveries/ knowledge found in the Quran–and here we are.

G’day from Australia, QuranMuslim19 (is that your age?) and welcome.

I’ve quoted you above to show you a simple example of your uses of common logical fallacies. This one is called “the no true Scotsman fallacy” (see below)

I’m an agnostic atheist. That means I do not believe in god(s) due to a lack of empirical evidence. But, I do not claim to know. I am unable to believe in revealed scripture of any kind for the same reason… Before I can do that, I will need to see your empirical evidence for the existence of god. Only claims and non sequitors so far.

So far you have shown that you don’t quite grasp the difference between a claim and an argument. Nor that you understand the basics of scientific method. So far, your claims have pretty much (all?) been dismissed because they are ignorant and simply wrong.

There are some very learned people here. If you have come here with an open mind you have the opportunity to learn.

If however, you have the arrogance of certainty and have come here to preach at us, you are wasting everyone’s time.

You are not the first Muslim we’ve had with the same ignorant claims, and probably won’t be the last.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((9))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Well we have an assertion “God exists.” And next we have a completely inane claim…

Science has no way of testing the supernatural. If you have found a way for science to do this, go collect your Nobel Prize.

ARGUMENT ONE: (The heart is a magnificent organ, therefore god?) Idiotic at best. We fully understand the evolution of the heart. While it is magnificent, no god required.

OOPS! Have you not heard of the Medulla Oblongata? The part of your brain that UNCONSCIOUSLY controls all the autonomic functions of your body. A basic course in Anatomy and Physiology would serve you well.

So ARGUMENT 2 ( I DON’T UNDERSTAND BASIC ANATOMY OR PHYSIOLOGY THEREFORE GOD)

ARGUMENT 3 (SPERM AND EGG CELLS TURN INTO BABIES THEREFORE GOD) Do you have any idea at all how lame you are sounding?

ARGUMENT 4 (OUR KIDNEYS DO THEIR JOB AND FILTER OUR BLOOD) THEREFORE GOD. Absolute nonsense.

ARGUMENT 5 (ATMOSPHERE EXISTS, THEREFORE GOD) Oh fuck… what people can do with a degree from seminary!

ARGUMENT 6 (WE CAN DIGEST FOOD AND EXTRACT NUTRIENTS FROM IT, THEREFORE GOD.) Awwwww fuck me with a rolling pin.

ARGUMENT 7 (THE MOON WAS FORMED, THEREFORE GOD.) WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO - To the tune of the Twilight Zone.

I have lost 7 IQ points already and can no longer read the English Language. lkqjwe[0tiu [0q0qut0qug[q09urg=0qurgjo

3 Likes

Whilst it is a magnificent piece of evolution, it’s far from perfect of course. Something theists never address in these facile sermons they post, and then leave without honestly addressing anyone’s responses.

Is directly contradicted by…

A skeptic, who “follows” the scientific method, would understand the method requires all scientific facts to remain tentative and open to revision. You cannot both adhere to the scientific method, or be a skeptic, but have no doubt, about anything.

Doubt here needn’t mean you think something is dubious, just that you cannot ring fence anything from all doubts.

No matter how absurdly unlikely a fact is to be revised or even totally reversed, even the rotundity of the earth, one must accept it can never be 100% certain, as that is how the scientific method works.

In this respect it is the very opposite of religion, which claims to know an infallible truth that cannot ever be revised or refuted, just as you have shown here with your lack of any doubt.

You are using the word science as nothing more than rhetoric here, a soundbite to try and falsely pretend your unevidenced belief in a deity is supported by scientific rigour, which is axiomatically false. All one has to do is turn on any news channel to know that science has not evidenced any deity, or anything supernatural.

The claims you made are amply exposed as vapid assumption by Cognostic and others.

Evolution explains and evidences complexity in nature, nothing in the scientific theory evidences, or even requires a deity or anything supernatural.

What is more, your claim that god put evolution in place is directly at odds with the creation myth in the koran, and such a view might well have the most tragic consequences for you, were you to express it in many Islamic theocracies, where it would be considered heretical.

2 Likes

Isn’t that the truth. What in the fuck was God thinking when he invented heart attacks? What an asshole!

1 Like

The general strategy emplyed by @QuranMuslim19 here is the same as almost every other bible bashing creationist and science denier I have had an exchange of words with. They employ a multitude of tactics, of which the argument from incredulity, straw man arguments, the anthropic principle, as well as outright denial have been central pieces in their argumentation. The posting(s) from the current representative of the fallacy-abusers’ club employs several of them. He/she is amazed by what the human body can do, therefore God (never mind that this is all perfectly explainable by evolution). What are the chances that [phenomenon X] would work? Negligible, therefore God. Etc. As an example of the latter, the anthropic principle, we can take a look at this:

These are all aspects of the anthropic principle. But the real issue here is that life has evolved to the state it is, it has adapted to the condions that actually exist. If the environment had been different, life would have evolved in another direction. And not the other way around, namely that it is a great miracle that we are here because what are the chances that the atmosphere, water cycle etc would be just right for us. Nature does not have a preferred direction, it just is what it is, and it shows life the middle finger every now and again. Evolution in its nature just seeks to adapt to the current conditions and develop something that works good enough, given the available resources.

If conditions had been quite different, life on this planet may have ended up with a quite different set of living creatures. And maybe even sentient beings very different from homo sapiens that were capable of rational thought, and these beings would probably also have been in awe of the conditions being just right for them.

Come to think of it, the entire structure of the OP makes it seem like it was translated from a religious flyer or a transcript from a sermon by a cleric. It keeps hammering on with naïve incredulity-based observations designed to fill the uneducated and/or gullible members of the congregation with awe over what this ghost-god have done, leaving behind an ugly trace of almost the entire spectrum of fallacies.

It does not say in the Qur’an that sperm comes out of the spine and ribs. It says in that verse that man comes out between the spine and ribs. It is written in the next verse that he will revive him. It is not the human who will resurrect what you did according to the wrong thought, but the sperm :slight_smile:

No, it does not contradict. For example, does anyone doubt gravity? No. Gravity is both scientific and unsuspected. So there was no doubt about some issues.

Too many messages have arrived, I cannot answer all of them. I am not a dishonest person. I am someone who knows science techniques. Biology or medicine does not say that God does or does not exist. By interpreting the information / data science gives you, you can gain knowledge of the existence or absence of God. There is no mistake in my article. They are all scientific. You have not brought an argument that can give a proper answer. As for the number 19, 19 is the miracle of the Quran. It has nothing to do with my age. If you want to get information about 19 miracles, you can follow Edip Yuksel. You can view his books at this link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0979671590/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i5

I recommend this book for translation of Quran.

https://www.amazon.com/Quran-Reformist-Translation-Modern-English/dp/0979671507/ref=pd_sim_1?pd_rd_w=c0oYs&pf_rd_p=78971f67-4c78-4f07-b5c1-ee9acd72068c&pf_rd_r=37Y04G6FBWWR6DT93MN8&pd_rd_r=86f60dd5-1fb0-48d0-996f-d3c48bcb5163&pd_rd_wg=VQAlM&pd_rd_i=0979671507&psc=1

I don’t think I’ll be reading that because 19 proves nothing, no matter how many times it appears in the Qur’an or nature. That’s just numerology man. You have not provided evidence for Allah or any other god, just made a bunch of assertions.

If Allah is real, he’s doing a great job hiding. You might want to ask him why and he see if he answers.

1 Like

NO you CANNOT.

Science gives us information and knowledge about the observable/measurable universe that we live within.

The existence or absence of “god” hasn’t even entered the picture BECAUSE it is unfalsifable.

God only enters a person’s imagination or presuppositions.

2 Likes

Of course God exists! In your head. Belief in gods is a psychological phenomenon that has been and continues to be extensively investigated empirically. The science is in: the way evolution has wired our brains gives us the tendency to imagine that there exist minds that have no body, and that such entities have agency in the natural world. We tend to erroneously interpret our sensations of the world as having been intended.

2 Likes

What do you mean by “man comes out”? Your answer does not make any sense.

In any case, several Quran translations in several languages say exactly that man is created from liquid gushing from between the backbone and the chest bones (i.e. the ribs). Which is factually wrong, however much you want your Quran to be correct (if the Quran claims that 2+2=5, then that is factually incorrect, no matter how holy you consider that book to be). Semen is produced by the testicles, and squirts out via the prostate gland, which is nowhere near anywhere between the backbone/spine and the ribs. There have been several interpretations of what the Quran actually says about this, and this is reflected in the fact that this very piece of erroneous “information” is found in many translations of the book. If it is so bloody difficult to translate the Quran correctly, how come YOU are able to come up with what you claim is the correct interpretation? If this god of yours is so almighty as he is supposed to be, then why the bloody hell is he so incompetent as to be totally unable to dictate unambiguous information about something so basic as human reproduction? I’ve heard apologist arguments saying that the Quran can only be understood in Arabic. Which makes no sense whatsoever. Especially if this is supposed to be a holy and inerrant text. And if so, the dictating god would be an incompetent twat of a complete asshole if that was his intention.

By your name only I would have to guess you believe in the Muslim god. You do know that Christians call your beliefs a sin right? There’s a lot of conflicts between those two beliefs as Christianity condemns your beliefs.

If fact they probably both do so I chose to get out of any religion.

I am basically waiting for science to find a god before I will even except that any god exists. Then will probably not believe in it anyways as why play games with us? If one exists at all why not make it clearer to which god god is.

If I fucked anything up please let me know.

Let me take a stab at this. Observing a pregnant woman. Spine and - oh fuck, the belly is below the ribs.

Uh…still, her “water” breaks before birth. Voila - baby comes out.

Took a real genius to put this together, but given that the “mysteries” of birth, impregnation and no knowledge of a woman’s internal reproduction organs (dropping eggs)… it is a bland, mundane and expected observation for the time/age.

3 Likes