Existence Of God

Please, you are suddenly appearing to wear the cloak of dishonesty. I hope you are not. Your made many statements, and gave the appearance you were stating facts and your interpretation of certain processes. When your errors were pointed out, you suddenly stated that you are not stating facts but just analogies.

I am reluctant to engage with someone who debates dishonestly, one who constantly moves the goalposts.

1 Like

I am not dishonest. I made an analogy about sperm. It is not correct to extend this analogy.

[image]

I know many theists who have high confidence in science, yet maintain a firm grasp on their faith. One whom I have the upmost respect and admiration for is Dr Jason Steffan, a man of great faith but who has been able to resolve the conflict between what science states and what his faith dictates.

He streams informal lectures on Twitch. And if I have the opportunity, view these amazing interactive lectures.

Perhaps you could demonstrate that you are not dishonest by giving us that citation. I’m guessing you can not; I’m guessing you made it up. Shouldn’t be difficult to show that I’m wrong.

1 Like

What is Photosynthesis? Learn photosynthesis from this site

[image]

Your initial post made statements as fact. At no time in your entire initial post did you state or even infer any analogies.

So what is fact and what is analogy? I have no way in discerning that. You know, and it is your responsibility to inform the reader that you are using analogies.

Now that I know, I will categorize everything you state as analogies, and not worthy of consideration, just babblings from a position of ignorance.

Is the context a serious debate? If so, I distrust your perception of “personal experience” based on your article, and your accurate perception of information (that is demonstrable)… ie:

… hey did you edit “water sperm?”…

That is a conclusion that you have added.

Science is a description of things observed. (May be revised based upon more accurate and demonstrable observations, especially as technology and understanding increases).

All natural.

There is no demonstrable evidence for any deity,
Let alone the one you picked.

1 Like

Apparently, it is … for you. I do not accept fairy tales.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t care much for fairy tales. They’re kind of fun when you’re a kid and then you grow up and it’s like… Oh, is that what religion did to me? That’s kind of sick.

2 Likes

@QuranMuslim19 This sounds a lot like Deism to me.

@David_Killens This should not surprise you, David, because theists do this stuff all the time on here.

2 Likes

@QuranMuslim19 If this was the case, my older brother, who is a doctor, would have seen that, when he was in medical school. Medicine did not come from God, but from human observations of nature.

Yes, and I am disappointed that QuranMuslim19 appears to be dishonest. Unless QuranMuslim19 can reconcile this, I must assume that this person is dishonest.

1 Like

QuranMuslim 19 said: “If the meteorite hadn’t hit and the dinosaurs hadn’t disappeared, we wouldn’t have existed. This meteorite impact allowed humanity and modern living things to exist. Do you think this is a coincidence?”

I don’t follow your argument. God sent the meteor to kill the dinos, is that what you’re saying? We might be able to survive dinosuars, we survived a lot of other beasts and we’re still here. It proves nothing that apex predators died out before we evolved.

Said the puddle of water: “god is great, he created this hole to fit my shape exactly.”

@QuranMuslim19 You are proposing that god designed this world to fit us, while the evidence FROM SCIENCE points to mankind adapting to the environment.

1 Like

@David_Killens You should not be disappointed at all. This is what you can expect from theists. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@David_Killens Ah yes…the anthropic principle, that theists use to prove the existence of their God.

1 Like

Sorry. Life itself created the Earth’s oxygen-rich atmosphere after the invention of photosynthesis.

Tell that to the dinosaurs. The Earth is covered in meteor craters.

Sexual reproduction is a bit more complicated than that. There has to be an egg involved somewhere.

1 Like

At best, inaccurate. “We” did not survive dinosaurs, our placental mammal ancestors did. And these ancestors were shrew-like in appearance. And from creatures like these, animals as diverse as bats, whales, elephants, dogs, primates and humans evolved.

Yes, photosynthesis by algae filled the atmosphere with oxygen. Oxygen was toxic to the first life forms, and it took a long time for other oxygen-tolerant life forms to develop, and to take advantage of the oxygen. Oxygen-breathing organisms have learned to depend on a certain amount of oxygen to drive chemical reactions that reduce fats and sugars to forms of chemical energy that the cells can use. If you breathe pure oxygen at atmospheric pressure, your lungs and eyes would get damaged, and chemical reactions in your body would go haywire. So oxygen-breathing organisms developed despite its toxicity, not due to its life-giving properties.

And the Quran claims semen originates from a place between the spine and the ribs, although this embarrassing statement has made islamic scholars do acrobatic squirming and wriggling, claiming “that’s not really what it meant” or “translation error” or stuff like that. Just like we have seen from the Christian camp over the last two millenia when it comes to embarrassing shit in the Bible.