Bad Theology Traumatizes Children

I kind of wanted to go to Catholic school for the “better education”; until one of the neighborhood girls came back from there with massive bruises all over her knees and lower legs. They made her kneel in a closet where the floor was covered in marbles for kissing a boy.

1 Like

Keep telling yourself that. Time to take your pills now Paddy.

You might be believable if you didn’t have a motive for hiding any trauma you might have endured. I find that statement dishonest at best, I have a hard time believing anyone had a “perfect” time at school with no trauma. It’s grade school, it’s a shit show anywhere.

Maybe you were just blissfully ignorant of your trauma. Then again maybe you weren’t interesting enough to bother traumatizing. We will never know.

It happened after you left you mean, we’ve read your posts remember? As with all your bare assertions I must remain dubious, a catholic school where theology was “not mentioned much”, dear oh dear.

3 Likes

In all fairness, I can actually see how Paddy might think that if he was constantly falling asleep during most of his classes. After all, considering some of the posts he has made, it is apparent there are many other topics he also missed in school. Soooo… (shrugging shoulders)…

2 Likes

So… You are not a Catholic? How did you get through Catholic indoctrination and still avoid being a Catholic? Did you become atheistic prior to graduation or during you time in school?

The Catholic School graduates I have met, have no clue about theology or much else about the Church.

2 Likes

As I told you before in another thread (if you had bothered to read it), the god of the Bible is NOT my God. So, pray tell, how have I been indoctrinated and brainwashed?

1 Like

@Padster, How did you learn about your god? Or did all the information you assert about your god just mysteriously pop into your head?

1 Like

I dont have a god, but neither am I atheist.
All gods are useless shits. They do nothing for humanity except cause suffering. So I am open to the possibility that there may be gods, but I refuse to worship them.

2 Likes

You call yourself a theist, then, based upon what?

1 Like

Then you are an atheist. By that logic, you are stating you are withholding belief until proof. Which is a stance that many atheists take. Anyone with a logical mind would change their opinion given testable and verifiable proof of a thing. You really draw some awkward lines in the sand that don’t make much sense IMO. This, to me, is a lot of why you aren’t taken seriously. You want to claim to be a theist but statements like that align with atheistic view points more than theistic. So why bother claiming to even be anything then?

3 Likes

For sure. :woman_facepalming:t6:

3 Likes

Yes, while steadfastly and dishonestly refusing to tell us anything about the deity you do believe exists, or explain whether you can demonstrate any objective evidence that it is real. Many of your posts use fairly well used apologetics we have seen from multiple religions and faiths, and your posts also seemed very closed minded.

They are mutually exclusive positions, you cannot both not believe in any deity and not - not believe in any deity, this simply seems like gibberish. Do you believe a deity exists, it’s a yes or no question, this is a question about a belief you either hold or do not, and not about knowledge per se. Your profile already says you are a theist and you have made statements to that effect, and you defended the gospels in a way that smacked of religious indoctrination, with claims that were at odds with known facts.

Those are contradictory claims? or it is very poorly worded.

Fine, what objective evidence can you demonstrate that any deity or deities are possible then? As this claim equally carries a burden of proof.

1 Like

Ooooohhh that is a very good point I was not thinking about.

1 Like

Hang on Sheldon, you are putting words in my mouth. I defended NO gospel.

Hang on Padster if you can’t be bothered to respond honestly to my post then I am not going to indulge your cherry picking trolling, show some integrity and you will get reciprocity.

Star here:

Fine, what objective evidence can you demonstrate that any deity or deities are possible then? As this claim equally carries a burden of proof.

1 Like

Liar…

theist
noun
a person who believes in the existence of a god or gods, specifically of a creator who intervenes in the universe.

Oh dear…

1 Like

I repeat, upon what do you base identifying as a theist?

1 Like

Alright, I’m a misotheist, but there was no option to put that in the drop-down menu.

So, @Padster, you say you hate all gods. That would require you believe in them. Or, do you hate theists/theism without believing any gods exist?

4 Likes