Atheists in the building, lets deal with this

Samsung Galaxy A50 is a lot of phone for a fairly minimal price. 4000mah battery? Woah.

I used to buy the flagship phones only, as a huge tech nerd but now I am starting to step back, as powerful features can be had for much less money. The 1000+ dollar flagship phone, can be had a year later for as little as 200 bucks from a knock of competitor that uses all the same parts. I love my sophisticated phones, but I tire of constantly worrying about breaking the damn thing.

1 Like

LogicFTWAtheist

Last year I upgraded my I Phone 5 to an I Phone 7. $200 with the trade in. No issues at all with the new phone. It does everything a phone should do and it fits easily in my pocket.

Yeh, I buy HomTom thru Aliexpress. Same spec (except for the camera) as the S9 but only 250AU, delivered.

On my 3rd phone in 10 years with them.

My first phone was a Nokia. $80 prepaid plan was $30 which lasted for 6 months. Balance carried over if you renewed before the end of 6 months. It was was for emergencies only. Consequently I gave no one my number. I didn’t want to be that accessible. In four years, I used it twice,when my car broke down.

I later splurged and got a Galaxy J1 mini. Then came the Kogan***. Now I have the Galaxy A50, most expensive phone I’ve owned. I can afford an iphone, but simply can’t justify the cost. Very pleased with the A50. It’s unlocked,so I’m about to change my prepaid plan for one which costs $11 a month. Unlimited calls and texts, but only 1GB of data, which is fine.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

***There is this young Aussie bloke called Kogan. He buys cheap Chines shit for a large range of products .He produces nothing himself, just has his brand bunged onto crap. His $500 55 inch 4K UDR Android’s TV’s are extremely popular .The 65inch is $849----everything is mail order only. He’s only been around for a few years,so I guess stuff may not have started breaking yet

To be honest, Yetis could exist… I really wouldn’t be that surprised.

After all, it is the syberian wastes, one of the most inhospitable and desolate places on earth, not to mention the sheer scale of the place.

A 8-11ft tall bipedal creature could very easily exist in such a place, undisturbed by the modern world.

There is also evidence in the form of massive human shaped foot prints.

I think the safest position is to remain skeptical until proven otherwise.

Another similar topic, would be big cats on the Moors in the UK. The majority of people think this is nonsense, but I spend a lot of time on dartmoor camping and hiking.

I’ve seen 2 different large cats up there on two different occasions, with my own two eyes. I’ve also seen sheep that have been torn apart in ways, that certainly couldn’t have been done by a fox. Dragged 14 feet up a tree for example.

These cats are definitely the offspring of cats, who used to belong to people, before they introduced the owning of dangerous animals act back in the 70s.

Both cats on Dartmoor are black leopards (extremely rare, which makes sense that a collector would own one)

Other cars have been reported elsewhere in the country, honestly, I believe most of them.

I guess anything’s possible.

When seeing reports of Bigfoot, Yeti or in Australia the Yowie**, I ask :
Where are the breeding populations necessary for such creatures to survive?

Wild cats are a different matter. Australia has a real problem with feral cats. They tend to begin as wild domestic cats. After a few generations, they become a lot bigger. I’ve seen one, once. It was at Port Lincoln*** on a picnic with my girlfriend. This cat wandered in. It was the size of an American bobcat, perhaps 25 kg or more. We got into the car with alacrity. The cat ate our picnic and casually wandered off.

** Yowie - Wikipedia

***Port Lincoln South Australia

Hmmm, I know the statement isn’t meant to be literal, but it makes my teeth itch…

:sunglasses:

But anything is possible?

A universe filled entirely with shirt buttons COULD exist.

Or a teapot could be orbiting saturn, it’s not impossible.

:smirk:

Plausible … possible is such a turd :poop: of a word - it’s sort of the “if I can imagine it can it exist?” “It” does in a way - in your imagination BUT in reality???

2 Likes

Yep, with the relentless pace of tech, especially in the mobile smart phone arena, you can have a phone that may cost over 1000 dollars 2 years ago, for 200 or less today. And as innovation sort of “maxes out” on phones, increasingly going the cheaper route makes more sense, even for a “power” user like myself.

5G and increasing advent of cloud computing, increasingly all a smart phone needs to be is: a modem, (okay several modems) a touch screen, and a battery, with just enough computing power to decompress and display streamed content. Cameras are just a (useful) add on. And increasingly speakers are almost an irrelevant add on, with the rise of bluetooth ear pieces.

I checked, surprisingly perhaps, even as an avid user of smart phones, I have only purchased 3 phones in the last 10 years. But they were more of the flag ship variant. I also handed down all 3 of the phones to my parents. It helped that I was very familiar with the phones so I could easily provide tech support to them.

@boomer47
Wow cranky, okay you do not use phones much at all. Happy to use the internet a lot for these forums. Do not blame you though, I avoid using my phone for these forums, and instead use a full size keyboard lay out. I can “swipe” at about 30-40 wpm, but can type on a qwerty keyboard at about 60-80 wpm.

Certainly if you only use your phone 1 time every 2 years, it would be hard to justify spending anymore. I wish I had the option to use the phone so little. My work and my family responsibilities necessitates being able to be in quick contact with so many at pretty much all times.

“Kogan” sounds like a bulk electronic (tv) reseller that managed to get some viral media success and filled a market need that was not being properly filled.

In general, TV’s do not “break” at least if they are mounted correctly and do not suffer physical mishap. No moving parts and a mature technology = fairly sturdy product even if it is “cheap” chinese crap.

@Wily_cat
Yes, Yetis could exist, but at least for me, I would be VERY surprised if they actually existed.

For one; people have been looking for yeti’s all over the world and have to find one or a group to document.

Let’s look at the Snow Leopard, found in the mountain ranges of asia. Also places mostly untouched by humans. They are extremely hard to find, very reclusive and elusive species. With a population that numbers less than 10,000 world wide, while also likely going extinct in the wild at current rates in a few decades. Yet, one patient film crew with some funding from a company like national geographic and some deep pocketed donors, managed to get lots of high def, fully clear pictures of these snow leopards, including footage of a mom leopard with babies, to share with the world in a few (hard!) months of work in a desolate forbidding region.

A lot more effort and money has been spent looking for yetis, and turned up nothing conclusive, certainly not high definition footage of a whole family of them.

I put the likelihood of yetis about on par with unicorns or chupacabra, etc. Yes, technically possible, but so unlikely we waste our time considering even the possibility that they are real.

The fact that they are large 8-11 foot tall bipedal also makes it increasingly unlikely that if they existed they have so far gone completely undetected.

In the snow? I seen lots of gigantic human shaped footprints in the snow, they are from… humans! woah! Some big boots plus a little bit of snow melt = size 16 foot prints! woah! I have literally seen 1000’s upon 1000’s of these in my life time, spending frequent time in the snow mountains of colorado.

This is the correct position, highly skeptical of their existence until proven otherwise.

Large cats? We know those exist. I would not be surprised at all spotting some of those cats. Florida has a large anaconda problem, 15-25 foot long snakes that originally escaped/released from human captivity, gaining a foothold in the local environment that has no natural predators for them. It is a real problem.

1 Like

Sorry about that.Of course I wasn’t being literal.

IN day to day life,Ii tend to lump impossible unlikely and improbably pretty much together . EG I think the existence of god(s) is improbable and unlikely.

I use those terms in a broad vernacular sense, not literally.

A skeptic, I do my best to avoid superlatives. Currently I’m trying really hard to avoid adverbs. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha … Well, son. I guess I am your mother. Now, take a cookie and go to your room.

1 Like

See my last post mum.

May I have two cookies?

As long as you go to your room and remember to brush your teeth before nighty night

There could be a universe that exists where you are his mother.

:crazy_face:

It would be one very confused and messed up universe, or maybe your consciousness was put into his mother’s body? Who knows.

How many cookies are left by the way? I’m hungry :cookie:

And you know this is possible how exactly?

Theoretically possible, if there are an infinite number of universes, going by the multiverse theory, then of course I could be the Queen in one of them!

:smirk::rofl:

What evidence supports this?

I have a problem with sweeping claims of this nature, as too many theists seem to not understand the epistemological burden of proof incurred when one claims something is possible.