Atheists in the building, lets deal with this

No bet, I’ve been here too many times before…

Or so you merely blindly assert, as is always the case with mythology fanboys …

Denial would appear to be your speciality here …

Ah, ad hominem and lies. Which have always been your favourite sport.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Always assuming the merely asserted afterlife, is something other than the product of your rectal passage of course …

Plus, I’m still waiting for you to provide something other than blind assertions, duplicitous apologetic fabrications and pompously hubristic bluster, to support the idea that your cartoon magic man from your sad little goat herder mythology, is something other than the product of the rectal passage of piss-stained Bronze Age incels, who were too stupid to count correctly the number of legs that an insect possesses, and who thought genetics was controlled by coloured sticks. Oh wait, why was your cartoon magic man incapable of correcting these manifest and risible errors?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

The only “prejudice” on display there, was that of the IDiots. Or did you fail to notice Behe having his arse cheeks handed to him, stir fried in rationalist napalm and garnished with a large spicing of scientific pwnage?

What was it the cross-examining attorney said at one point? “I’m taking this deposition in the 21st century, not the 15th?”

As for bandwagons, ID is the mother of all fucking bandwagons, cobbled together in order to try and slip creationist bullshit into science classes under the radar, which it failed to do because of such embarrassments as the leaking of the Wedge Strategy document, and the hilarity known as “cdesign proponentsists”, an example of a transitional fossil created by creationists.

Don’t even bother trying to lie about the Dover Trial, because I have all the transcripts, including the 127 page summing up by Judge Jones, who, as a church-going conservative Republican, found the lies of the IDiots too much to stomach. Or did you forget that little detail before launching into your tedious little diatribe? By the way, posting links from Dumbski’s blog and other disreputable sources merely informs those of us who paid attention in class, about your agenda, which is to be a shill for the Duplicity Institute.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Fucking dream on.

Behe’s bullshit was dissected and shredded by actual knowledgeable biologists within a week of the publication of that fatuous little tome.

Wow, just when I thought your hubris couldn’t be any more gigantic in scale, you post this. Which is fucking rich coming from someone who manifestly never had a mind of his own, and whose possession of a mind in itself is debatable.

In the latter case, only when duplicitous stormtroopers for mythology-based masturbation fantasies play mendacious apologetics with science.

As for your pompous and bombastic posturings about “logic”, you manifestly wouldn’t know what logic was if it dropped a fucking MOAB on your head from 40,000 feet. Oh wait, when I attended classes in this, the curriculum was taken straight from Methods of Logic by Willard Van Ormand Quine, one of the finest analytical minds in the business.

Meanwhile, reading the Wedge Strategy document told me all I needed to know about the IDiot agenda, an agenda based upon lies and deception in order to sneak creotard fantasies into American science classrooms.

Once again , you’re a lightweight and a dilettante here.

And the fact that the scientific papers in this field are published in organic chemistry journals, is an elementary fact that flew right over your head?

Do fuck off with your worthless “faith”. If “faith” produces lying sacks of shit like you, I’m glad I never had it.

Actually, the entities and interactions in the scientific papers I’ve read aren’t imaginary, unlike your sad little cartoon Donald Trump in the sky, invented as a political “justification” for bloody Lebensraum wars by piss-stained goat herders. Along with at least one instance of kidnapping underage girls as sex slaves, which your cartoon magic man, if it ever existed, was apparently quite happy with.

Indeed, given the number of “megachurch pastors” I’ve seen reported in the news, being arrested for playing “Hide the Sausage” with 12 year old girls, and having read the account of the mythology fanboy known as Dennis Rader, who used parts of your mythology to “justify” his sickening torture and sex murder of an 11 year old girl, I’m tempted to ask if fantasies involving fucking and torturing underage girls are the real motivation behind your brand of mythology fanboyism. Is that why you cling to this shitty little mythology and its mixture of farcical and iniquitous assertions? Because you’re a Torquemada wannabee who can’t wait to start pursuing his own anachronistic Inquisition, with a side salad of de Sade’s Justine for good measure?

Oh, you mean the way you chickened out of mine, before hypocritically demanding that I waste time with yours?

Fuck off.

You’ve never deal in realities since you began your sordid posting career here.

As opposed to masturbation fantasies derived from goat herder mythologies, which will NEVER be a body of knowledge at all …

Like pissing in the wind do you?

Your “creator” is fucking fiction. It’s a toddler security blanket for inadequates. Trying to deal with your impotent rage, by harbouring creepy theocratic fantasies that should be of interest to law enforcement, are you?

Bullshit. Both logic AND empirical data are on our side. Keep pretending that your wank fantasy is something other than a wank fantasy though …

Oh look, it’s wank break apologetics time again, and a rehash of Dumbski’s “we don’t need that pathetic level of detail” piece of drivel.

What part of “Just because the behaviour of physical systems requires intellectual effort to deduce, doesn’t mean that those systems are themselves intelligent” are you too stupid to understand? Gravity is as mindless a force as one could wish for, but it made you possible. Which is probably yet more testament to the mindlessness thereof.

Grow the fuck up.

2 Likes

I suspect the wait will continue.

Gravity is as mindless a force as one could wish for, but it made you possible. Which is probably yet more testament to the mindlessness thereof.

Quality, made me laugh out loud, have a like sir. :laughing:

Again judging from Sorrentino’s posts I feel this will be a long wait.

1 Like

Excuse me and sorry to cut in.

It took too much for me to understand some certain aspects of the atheist, but I must ask, what your proof is that the Christian god is real?

Sure I admit that there’s no proof a god does not exist, but what proof do you have that the Christian god does exist?

Is it because the Christian bible says so?

Fievelj "We are really trying to get you on board here.

“No good evidence.”

Eschew the proof claim and start looking at and evaluating evidence.

There is no good evidence for the existence of a god. By ‘good’ we refer to that which can stand against critical inquiry and evaluation. Evidence that is repeatable, consistent and reliable and to some degree at least, testable.

Hey @Sorrentino

I’m moving ahead while you keep making your buybull claims…

Let’s move onto Numbers and discuss the truthful, loving qualities of YOUR god - I’ll refer to it as “J” (for Jehovah or Jesus or both -if you’re of that mindset). The book of Numbers is interesting.

Leaving off poor Joshua and the unfulfilled promise of having cleared the land (oops J took another look and saw he did a piss poor job), we’ll go back in time to Moses leading the Israelites to the Moab border.

Now J talks to anyone he wants ‘cause he’s J! Even though divination is apparently against his law for the Israelites, it’s OK for outsiders and he gladly gives advice and guidance (depending on his mood, I guess). Deuteronomy 18:10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft;).

So J talks with Balaam- gives him info and Balaam gets paid a fee for his “divining services”…Numbers 22:4 So Balak son of Zippor, who was king of Moab at that time, 5 sent messengers to summon Balaam son of Beor …For I know that whoever you bless is blessed, and whoever you curse is cursed.”

So Balaam goes and talks with J (in private)…9 God came to Balaam and asked, “Who are these men with you?” hahahaha DOESN’T THE ALL KNOWING J KNOW???
10 Balaam said to God, “Balak son of Zippor, king of Moab, sent me this message: 11 ‘A people that has come out of Egypt covers the face of the land. Now come and put a curse on them for me. Perhaps then I will be able to fight them and drive them away.’”
12 But God said to Balaam, “Do not go with them. You must not put a curse on those people, because they are blessed.”

I gotta stop for a quick second. J says they’re “blessed”! WTF??? NOT by human standards - J had let them thirst and go hungry and sent snakes when they complained about it (Numbers 21) Can’t imagine doing this to my boys and then saying “they’re blessed”.

OK back to Balaam. He listens to J and tells them to go back by themselves. He’s not going to go with them. He’s a good diviner!

Balak sweetens the “pot”, going to pay Balaam handsomely, and sends even more distinguished reps to, you know, influence him - make Balaam feel special and needed, etc.

Vs 18. But Balaam answered them, “Even if Balak gave me all the silver and gold in his palace, I could not do anything great or small to go beyond the command of the Lord my God. 19 Now spend the night here so that I can find out what else the Lord will tell me.”

Oh my!!! J changes his mind (or maybe he forgot) BUT now
20 That night God came to Balaam and said, “Since these men have come to summon you, go with them, but do only what I tell you.”

2 Likes

HOWEVER…

22 But God was very angry when he went,

Whaaaaa??? Huh??? First, don’t go. Balaam listens and obeys- then go- Balaam listens and obeys …and now J is mad that Balaam is doing what J said to do???

This is the part where an angel is sent and the donkey keeps avoiding it and Balaam keeps beating it…etc until…

28 Then the Lord opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?”
29 Balaam answered the donkey, “You have made a fool of me! If only I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now.

OMFG!!! Seriously? A fucking donkey just fucking talked to you AND this is the reaction??? Holy shit. If my dog talked to me, HOLY FUCK! Anyway, after a little explaining from the donkey and Balaam seeing the angel he now is told by the angel…

35 The angel of the Lord said to Balaam, “Go with the men, but speak only what I tell you.” So Balaam went with Balak’s officials.

Uh, OK??? Wasn’t that what Balaam was doing before J had his brain burp - temper tantrum???

Balak meets Balaam, and Balaam is honest (vs 38) Balaam replied. “But I can’t say whatever I please. I must speak only what God puts in my mouth.”(AM)

Numbers 23 has the messages … BUT this is the funny part!!!

Balak asked him, “What did the Lord say?”
18 Then he spoke his message:
“Arise, Balak, and listen;
hear me, son of Zippor.
God is not human, that he should lie,
not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill?
I have received a command to bless;
he has blessed, and I cannot change it.
“No misfortune is seen in Jacob,
no misery observed in Israel.
The Lord their God is with them;

Hahahahaha!!! OMG please! No misery observed in Israel??? Really??? Thirst, hunger and death by snake :snake: isn’t misery??? Hahahahaha! Doesn’t change his mind like a human??? Hahahahahaha! J had changed his mind and forgot shit with Balaam in just sending him to Balak!

Also here’s the kicker! Balaam, a non-Israelite prophet, is held as an example of one who apostasized for the sake of material gain. Whaaaaa??? Seriously. 2 Peter 2:15 “They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Bezer, who loved the wages of wickedness."

Hahahahaha. First, what wickedness? Listening to J? Obeying J? Second, he didn’t apostatize, he wasn’t even an Israelite.

What a crock of fucking shit.

3 Likes

He he he he he he he … loosen those panties White! LOL

In a word, right.

Thanks Cog, but was talking to that other guy.

Your sententious self congratulatory tone is sadly misplaced if you imagine we won’t notice your evasion there, at Calilasseia calling you on your pathetic lie. Theists are forever telling me why they think I am an atheist, yet not one has ever presented a shred of objective evidence, or any rational argument as to why I should be otherwise. All you have presented is an endless god of the gaps polemic, if that’s the best you have, and it must be as you’ve presented naught else, then it’s sad you can’t see how risible it is to base a belief on such an empty bag.

3 Likes

C’mon Cali, quit already with the disingenuous presentation of yourself as the keen seeker of this knowledge. You’ve taken your stand that you will never go through the path offered to know faith so let’s give it a rest.

LMAO. And having the 127 page transcript automatically makes you a qualified analyst. You obviously don’t know what to do with it. I dare you to invalidate the points in the given review of the trial. That’s how to logically make your case.

The usual huff-puff, LMAO. Always skimming through materials on sites without any in-depth understanding of subjects. Science ain’t politics but is objective. Critiques don’t invalidate a position, not even by larger numbers. Both theory and critiques are thoroughly analysed, with back and forths and in the end, only the more logical stand. You ought to have learnt that by now from the theory vs theory lesson. After all back and forths, Behe has successfully challenged a pillar of Darwinism, random mutation by demonstrating its impracticability. FYI, that upholds ID and deals a huge blow to Darwinism.

Not all are. Neither is any of your immaterial part though never to be found in scientific papers. You’ve often investigated one but refused doing the other.

I have no idea about this imaginary friend of yours. My advice: investigate your real immaterial parts accessible to you and forget the imaginary.

Had you faith, you’d know to distinguish creator’s ways from religious dogmas and manipulations and concupiscent passions of professors. He demands faith, justice, mercy…only. Learn from the life of Jesus Christ, creator-incarnate, the divine mind and its antagonism to even religious sects derived from his own constitution for not meeting his standards and you could guess his disposition towards today’s vile christianity.
And if you’re doing dirty linen, you’ve only scratched the surface. Even more base and vile atrocities than you know are committed under ‘christianity’. This is nothing new, men muddy everything given to them, even pure science, for their unquantifiable frailties and selfish interests. Any wolf can put on Episcopal regalia and any can be an assembly. Also the sheep can fall into error ignorantly or rebel altogether but creator knows his own by his standards 2Tim 2:19-20 and he’s not the least bothered that His name is dragged in the mud by any category of men.
He set the world under laws of equilibrium, the immutability and perfection of which proves his faithfulness. Newton states it as “action and reaction are equal and opposite” and in his appointed time to judge the whole world, all brutes and faithless will get served while his repentant sheep will get mercy for he is no respecter of persons nor of even christianity. Think then, only of your standing for justice will uphold itself.

Though you’ve demonstrated logical ineptitude by claiming evolutionism is an irrevocable absolute in spite of its loopholes and gaps and also lumping ID with religion and deities though having naught to do with it, here I assume you didn’t understand my argument and is particularly why I deemed it courteous to you to reply your post.
Let’s break it down. Objects themselves don’t have to be intelligent, but relationships between them are principled and structured rather than haphazard. A gem may not be intelligent, but the formation of gems under constant and defined pattern is where lies the intelligence as it always takes the same set of conditions to produce them. The planetary bodies may not be intelligent but being sustained under defined order e.g. gravity and interplanetary laws, there lies the intelligence. Even the molecular structure of each object is very organised and structured, nothing haphazard and all this order has the purpose of sustaining their existence.
Science is the study of these universal laws and order. Order towards purpose is hallmark of intelligence. Each time we identify this, we automatically admit ID, even if an evolutionist. The only question ID asks is can we identify order, laws, principles? Just like if principles undergird logic and SM, it’s because we who created the structure think in a structured way i.e. intelligently.
It’s also by these identified principles that we build robots to execute our intentions and in hypocrisy, we call that AI, fcol. Funny how you avoided the part of AI being designed after human body systems. What better way for the scientists to admit intelligence in the design of the human entity? all proving ID. If intelligence is found in human design, equally in other creation, then the creator possesses intelligence and coordinated thought.

Imagine you are an engineer, and tasked with designing a central support structure that must carry weight. Do you make it straight or curve that central support structure? Yet the human body’s spine is the cause of many ailments because it is curved. If one accepts that the spine is a result of a creature that walked on all four limbs, as a result of evolution evolution, it make sense. If one believes that a very powerful and intelligent entity designed the body, it is graded a fail.

1 Like

Is that why the species evolution remains a globally accepted scientific fact, and the scientific theory is still accepted as valid by the entire global scientific community?

What a truly cretinous lie that one is, even by the duplicity of creatards. Do you imagine a scientific theory of the size and scope of species evolution can be falsified without the scientific world being aware of it?

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

This hasn’t happened, not once. Despite your dishonest creationist bluster.

1 Like

I think he covered faith with “blind assertions, duplicitous apologetic fabrications and pompously hubristic bluster,”.

:wink:

@Sorrentino

Back at you… (your words to Cali)…

…your path to faith doesn’t address ANY of the scriptures I have presented - YOU have yet to address the simplest, most common one - the 10 Commandments - SO your stand is blind faith, without reason AND you arrogantly laugh (I’m assuming a maniacal laugh) at the fact we don’t join you in your delusion!

Yup :+1: good self-insight descriptor.

WOW :star_struck: good on you mate! You’ve really pegged yourself and it’s awesome that you’ve begun to see where you need to start investigating…

Ohhh :astonished: assertions!!! The big guns :muscle:! :laughing:

Learn from the life of Jesus Christ, creator-incarnate, the divine mind

Back to this divine mind - uh, this forgetful mind that changes easily … ARE YOU ever going to address the passages of scripture WHERE YOU CLAIM YOU GET KNOWLEDGE of this “mind”??? Namely, 10 commandments; failed promise/prophesy; changing its mind and fucking with his prphet who is doing everything it asks of said prophet AND then prophet is used as an example of “apostasy”…

I’m not giving you once again the post numbers. Why don’t you put some effort into YOUR book, eh?

Uh, creator is dragging his own “name” in the mud. READ the book about your creator, OR is it just “happy” when you cherry-pick :cherries: qualities THAT make you feel good?

FULL scripture:

19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm (WORD deepity - what is the foundation? There is no meaning here) sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” (Like the Israelites? Except this time they don’t need to cut off part of their genitalia? How did “the Lord” treat his own?) and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord (the original unpronounceable name or the common Jesus name?) must turn away from wickedness.” (is this gods standard of what is “wicked”? hahahaha… is genocide wicked, or baby killing, or lying, or severe punishments for minor offences [god sure doesn’t set the example of “turning the other cheek]) 20 In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use. (an analogy - my guess is it’s god’s followers that are for the “common use” of being shit on)

Hahahaha. You’ve set up your “own” god in your “own” head. You’ve broken the one law that is consistent in BOTH sets of 10 Commandments- not to have any other god/s

You have no “foundation”. YOU have failed to provide any “foundation”. YOU have failed to address the most basic of scripture. If you are used by your god to “help” people - it’s a total failure (just like your god).

That one word tells a lot. Sorrentino, the term “Darwinism” is not used within the scientific community because it was never adopted, and science has moved on a lot since he proposed his theory of evolution. It is called “evolution”.

When one uses the term “Darwinism”, it is a red flag that the poster is lost in the past and covered in a form of theism that blinds their eyes to this theory.

He proposed speciation, but at that time was unable to describe the mechanism. He admitted it in his book, “The Origin of Species” with “The laws governing inheritance are quite unknown.” Only when Mendel opened up the study of genetics did we come to a better understanding of the mechanism.

1 Like

Ohhhh - me likey spending time in this “firm foundation” (serious voice) of knowledge getting to know god.

This written foundation, by man’s best guess, started (another topic, for another thread) with “Moses”.

He’s credited with writing Genesis, Exodus, Deuteronomy, Numbers and Leviticus (may not be in order, done by memory). This was about 600 BCE (being generous - you do the math).

Anyhoo, moving on to what Moses wrote about his god’s interaction with people before the “laws” and “lessons” - YOU must remember; those ancient people were not writing it down, they were not in constant communication with god, AND they were doing their best to make their way through the world as they knew it.

So working together, they found co-operating was a great advantage. They could make things, trade things, share, and communicate with each other in a more efficient manner. They set up a form of “leadership” (notice I’m not bringing up our evolved inheritance for hierarchy). AND as a group, humanity was accomplishing.

Genesis 11:1-9

Now god had already “started over” after he regretted “making man” (hahahahaha - couldn’t see how fucked up “his” creation would turn out??? So much for all-knowing!). BUT it sounds like these offspring of Noah aren’t off to a bad start. No mention of “wickedness”, but still, god is perturbed (poor emotional, “feel sorry for me” type - “Nothing I do works out like I WANT!” stomps foot)
SO… like I said…

“Now the whole world had one language and a common speech.2 As people moved eastward, they found a plain in Shinar and settled there. 3 They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, (cool - sounds like they were inventing) and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, (hey…do YOU think god thought they could build something that could reach where he lives? I mean, he’s smart right - I think he’d “know”) so that we may make a name for ourselves (uh oh - I have a feeling god doesn’t want man taking credit for man’s accomplishments, I mean after all, aren’t people trained to thank “god” for the food prepared for them by human hands?); otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”

So humanity at this time found an advantage of working together and co-operating - plus the added bonus of not limiting the gene-pool (oh right, fuck I FORGOT - up to this point incest is best)… “5 But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. (uh, I guess god is not all-seeing either…doesn’t “know” shit until he investigates it for himself) 6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. (Goddamnit!!! He forgot they can communicate and if they’re together - fuck! - they are “competition” for the most powerful! AND nothing will be impossible for them …shit, god sounds very threatened by this discovery of what humanity has been up to) 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.” (is it me or wasn’t god already “down”? OR did he go back “up” to get reinforcements? AND then they can come back down and fuck around with the humans…) 8 So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel—because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

Hahahahaha- still didn’t work out well for your god!!! I’m typing and you’re reading with scientific technology AND we’ve learnt to speak each other’s languages and we’ve traced our evolutionary line AND cosmology to the “beginning” of Plank time. We are in space, gathering information AND our “buildings” ARE much “higher in the sky” then our ancient ancestors. We are trading internationally and have a quality of life that those ancient goat herders couldn’t even imagine!

POOR god… he’s fucked… he was threatened by a handful of brick and tar builders - no wonder he stays hidden now!

1 Like

You apparently have no idea the scope and breadth of the universe. 99.999 (repeat for a while) percent of everything is just cold empty space, maybe a few hydrogen atoms operating at near absolute zero. About as close to “nothing” as you can get.

And you want to say all of the universe is intelligent design? Intelligent design of a whole lot of overwhelmingly nothing?

1 Like

And we also need to keep in mind that over 99.99999% of this known universe is extremely hostile to life.

2 Likes