How aren't christians tired of their imaginary god?

What sort of faith do they claim?

There is this popular song we used to sing in church when I was very little about worshipping “man-made god’s”

Who told us the god we were worshipping was not man made?

Our only proof/conviction of his existence is in a book written by man: we said inspired by god, who told us that?

Same book that is inconsistent itself?
Same book that people pick up verses that suits their selling point and the rest thrown away?

They say we are one body in Christ right?
One group says a woman must not do make ups, must not make her hair, must not put on trousers and all that.

Another group says its no problem: women can make their hairs, can do make ups, can put on trousers.

Who is lying? But they all got their stance from the same book and we’re all of the same faith?

One group says all who do these things to we have said not to do will go to hell.
Who should we believe?

Someone is born blind and they say God has a reason for He/She being born blind. But this person still dies blind, and prayed for sight till the day he died.

A woman was caught in the act of adultery, and she was to be stoned to death. Was she sleeping with a dog? Why is there no refence to who was in the act with her?
Inconsistency of the Holy book.

Adam was created, and Eve from Him. Adam slept with His wife Eve and they had a son Cain.
He went in again and they had another son Abel.
It was time for sacrifice, and the two sons brought their sacrifices. One was accepted(Abel) and the other was rejected (Cain).
Cain got angry and killed his brother Abel.
And a curse was placed upon him to be a vagabond.
And so he started walking untill he met a group of person and He got married; Where did they come from?
What sort of inconsistency is this?

A potion of the bible says bring your tithe to the store house.
Another potion says gather your family and buy fine wine with your tithe and have merry.

The list goes on and on about the so much controversy in the same book that holds the believe of an existence of a supreme being that watches over his people. Yet there is so much pain and sorrow towards his believers.

Too much lies. I guess I fell for it back then cause I was too little and didn’t know any better.

[quote=“Poison_Ivy, post:1, topic:414”]
e
[/quote]Fucking women. Everything is always about women. Women eating apples. Women cutting hair. Women being killed by fathers when they exit their own front door. Women being caught in adultery and then set free. Women worshiping Baal and Asherah, LET’S FACE IT - Women are the cause of all suffering in the world. It’s in the Bible!

Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge? [quote=“Poison_Ivy, post:1, topic:414”]
What sort of faith do they claim?

There is this popular song we used to sing in church when I was very little about worshipping “man-made god’s”

Who told us the god we were worshipping was not man made?

Our only proof/conviction of his existence is in a book written by man: we said inspired by god, who told us that?
[/quote]
That is blind faith if the only prove you have as for God’s existence is the Holy Bible. Blind Faith bro, blind faith!

Matthew 5:8
NIV:Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

Are the authors of the Bible mad? Didn’t they see those contradictions? ouch bullshit!

Maybe you are the lazy one, of course you are because if you have seen God you wouldn’t have seen contradictions in the Holy Bible.

You are not called to read the story lines but to learn lessons because the letter killeth and you are dying already per your post, but the spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:6
NIV:He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Now this is the purpose of the 66 books of the Bible you are holding.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
NIV:All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

NIV:so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Like David have you carried out this kind of investigation?

Psalms 73:16-17
NIV:When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply

NIV:till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny.

Try to work bro so that you can discover the real truth, after all faith without work is dead.

Do you know this “someone” or just speaking from your own imagination?

How do you justify this?

John 9:2-11
[b]As he went went along, he saw a man blind from birth.

NIV:His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

NIV:“Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

NIV:As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work.

NIV:While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

NIV:After saying this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man’s eyes.

NIV:“Go,” he told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam” (this word means “Sent”). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.

NIV:His neighbors and those who had formerly seen him begging asked, “Isn’t this the same man who used to sit and beg?”

NIV:Some claimed that he was. Others said, “No, he only looks like him.” But he himself insisted, “I am the man.”

NIV:“How then were your eyes opened?” they asked.

NIV:He replied, “The man they call Jesus made some mud and put it on my eyes. He told me to go to Siloam and wash. So I went and washed, and then I could see.[/b]

I guess you are the liar here and not the innocent Bible.

what a dumb statement.

You would have asked for the kind of food they ate together before the act.

Pew.

How does this statement of yours proves the inconsistency of the Bible?

Pew.

common sense should have told you that as at that time incest was not prohibited.

What about the blessing of God upon Adam and Eve, have you considered it for once?

Genesis 1:28
NIV:God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Someone that has studied the old testament back to back won’t find any controversy with the issue of tithe as pertaining to the Israelites alone.
I know people that can help you solve the mystery of tithe if you so desire.

You need to readress your case against God and not rest so quickly, because if you don’t you will lose

I am a believer of Christ Jesus and I don’t know which pain and sorrows you are talking about, because Christ paid the price for me on the Cross and by the Holy Spirit through Faith I am experiencing my victory.

Isaiah 53:4-5
NIV:Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted.

NIV:But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

Have you seen God? Literally, with your own two eyes. I don’t mean felt the presence of God, nor witness some divine act, that more than likely was just a coincidence.

This doesn’t even make any sense to me.

Are you saying, that you have to ‘work’ to make the Bible work for you, doesn’t that tell you something? With science, you can observe, because the evidence is plain to see.

Irrelevant, we all know people are born blind, it stands to reason, that someone who is born blind, and also believes in blind faith, (:wink:) that they would pray for that which they don’t have? How many cases of blindness have been cured by prayer alone?

The Bible is anything but innocent, after all, millions have died throughout human history, directly because of the proven nonsense written in its pages.

You’re deliberately missing the point, how is it a man can commit adultery with this woman, yet only the woman is punished.

What’s that about church pews?

Erm, that sounds like a great moral example to follow, very innocent.

There’s no evidence blessings have ever existed, so this is whimsical conjecture.

Lose? I didn’t realise debating the existence of God was a competition, that’s a pretty childish out look to bring to a conversation.

What you are experiencing, is pious delusion. You can’t claim to have any objective high ground, when you lack any evidence for your claims. Blind faith does not replace knowledge.

At the end of the day, you can quote the Bible all day long, but it will never hold water, it just doesn’t correlate with what humanity has come to discover through observation and experiment.

1 Like

Hahahaha. Yes, it’s this desire that has caused many a man pain…

3 Likes

@JACKSON5
Hey give that thread a go :wave: - the other “theist” kept focusing on evolution … ignore that … deal with the scriptures and stories from the book you are soooo fond of. Oh, and he couldn’t back shit up (still hasn’t fucking “dealt” with the 10 Commandments) - let’s see if your “work” can back up your “words”…

Great post Poison_Ivy

Do not forget that “same book” and “same faith” is also a lie.

There is many different versions of the “bible,” and even with the exact same version of the same book, many different interpretations of the “bible.”

And yes there is many such inconsistencies, logic flaws, contradictions, reasoning errors in these books.

My personal favorite “error” in these holy books is in Genesis, talking about “6 days” to create all of creation. The folks that profit on the god idea will say the term “day” is not meant to be taken literally.

Oh? If I cannot take the term “day” literally, what can I take literally? Oh yeah, nothing in there at all. It is a bronze age superstition book, written with bronze age technology with bronze age thinking all written entirely by humans of the time with zero sign of divine all powerful/knowing inspiration.

Now we are reading the highly HIGHLY! edited versions in our own particular language, that tries to skirt around the fact that if they try to quote the ancient texts “true to their form” that the entire thing is utter nonsense that not even a child with 3rd grade education would consider as anything but pure (violent!) fiction.

Yep you were a little kid, who supposed to believe whatever their parents/respected peers tell them. The folks at the church love taking advantage of young impressionable minds, if they didn’t no one would buy into their obvious bull shit. Sadly far to many of these “spiritual leaders” that speak for their god idea do more than just peddle lies to impressionable little kids that tricked the parents of said kids into a position of trust…

NOPE … Ivy is R A T I O N A L… you know, brain isn’t a fucking pretzel :pretzel:

BTW …
Who helped him learn to identify his surroundings? Colors. Shapes. Faces. This would all be uh, like super foreign to him,
BUT he just strolled home …

The Bible portrays disability as a curse and as a result of disobedience, unbelief, and ignorance. In Leviticus 26:14-16, as one of the punishments for Israel’s disobedience is expressed in the following way: “I will bring upon you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and drain away your life.” Samson also sinned against the Lord through his eyes; as it is written: “I have seen a Philistine woman in Timnah; now get her for me as my wife” (Judges 14:2). He was therefore punished through his eyes: “Then the Philistines seized him, gorged out his eyes” (Judges 16:21). Prov. 30:17 warns that the eyes, which are disrespectful to parents, will be plucked out by birds of prey.

The blindness of the wicked men of Sodom (Wisdom 2:21) and of Elymas, the magician who obstructed the work of Paul in Cyprus (Acts 13:4-12), are specifically attributed to divine punishment. The ancient nations regarded visual impairment as the lowest degradation that could be inflicted upon humans and, by extension, to a nation. The Deuteronomist suggests that visual impairment is a curse for disobeying the commandment of God. Israel was threatened for breaking the covenant.

The Lord will inflict you with madness, blindness and confusion of the mind. At midday, you will grope about like a blind man in the dark. You will be unsuccessful in everything that you do, day after day you will be oppressed and robbed, with no one to rescue you (Deut. 28:28-29).

Human equivalent of “copying god”?

Munchausen syndrome by proxy is typically pattern of behavior in which caregivers deliberately exaggerate, fabricate, and/or induce physical, psychological, behavioral, and/or mental health problems in others.

OR

Edited to add: Quote from further down post. The bible narrative is in the third person and doesn’t even try to pretend this was heard by anyone. @Sheldon

Very applicable to the “conversation the newly healed blind guy had with his neighbours”…

Hahahaha - here’s a poll:

• J5 read this post?
  • J5 did not read the post BECAUSE he saw the word “fuck”?

0 voters

Phenomenal book the Bible, with quips and quotes, evasions and equivocations, obfuscation and vagueness for every occasion.

Jackson5 7:8
You are not called to read the story lines but to learn lessons because the letter killeth and you are dying already per your post, but the spirit gives life.

Matthew 4:4
Man shall not live on bread alone but on every word that proceeds out through the mouth of God

Jackson5 1:23
Try to work bro so that you can discover the real truth, after all faith without work is dead.

Ephesians 2:8-10
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Jackson5 A:BC
Blind Faith bro, blind faith!

Proverbs 14:15
The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

2 Likes

I will never understand why you atheists condescend to rigmarole sorts of arguments, but my response is deem worthy so that you will not think your rebuttals holds any pinch of salt.

Religious arguments especially with atheists is like waiting for a rooster’s feather to land safely in an infinite well. It is burdensome, time and calories wastage. And so with every arguments.

Though arguments does not win its opponents on the spot, but will yet sow seeds that will later bear fruits free of cliches in the future.

Truth is truth and false is false. Your belief cannot change it but grants you a better foundation to rely on . So, without much aldo, to the crux of the matter.

Right here, are you attempting to limit my experience?

Will you say the wind doesn’t exist even though you didn’t see it in its naked form but yet felt it?

Can one feel something, that is; the presence of God if it doesn’t exist?

Can one encounter something that doesn’t exist by coincidence? Even if a divine act is mere coincidence, does it not already prove the existence of God?

Creation(s) and God’s consciousness alongside God’s presence are substantial evidence for God’s existence.

Wisdom is foolishness to the fool!

Yes.

If you don’t read the Bible and have a sound understanding of every words in its chapters and verses, how do you expect to reap its benefits? If you work by trying to understand its underlying principles by prayer, meditation and reasoning, it will work for you.
But if your heart is rocky, that is; not fertile to receive its words, it won’t work for you.

Science deals with the physical and its is the highest height of cynicism to require physical data to justify metaphysical claims. This in itself is unreasonable. However, metaphysical claims still uses logical exploration and pattern recognition to justify its claims.

Does science have physical evidence for man’s dreams and consciousness? Can it prove it exactly based on subjective narration?

Since you are blind to the other side; which is faith, you will always fail to see what’s happening over there.

If you haven’t seen healing of blindness by faith and prayer, I have seen. You want proof? I can’t because I didn’t record it. Your belief or not cannot eradicate it, same way my belief cannot deny your dreams whether you experience it or not.

And yet its two edged sword still remain sharp, clean and without blood stain. My Bible still white and black without blood stains. Or can you name one person it has killed directly?

The woman was not punished. She was told to go and sin no more.

For relaxation so that we can comfortably absorb the preaching of the gospel of Christ Jesus our Lord and God.

Follow it. Follow moral examples.

There’s fruitfulness and multiplication in all the earth. Man has continually expressed dominion over all things on earth.

So, you are a liar!

If you say so.

Let me repeat, creation(s), Morality, Consciousness et al are substantial evidence for the existence of God.

As Monalisa portrait to Leonardo da Vinci, so the Bible to God(Christ Jesus).

Refusing an evidence is different from no evidence. If your cohorts exhibits such kind of platitudes as witness in the photo below, where is the honesty in atheism?

If you have nothing to counter with than another branch of rigmaroles, don’t bother quoting me because it will not worth any reply.

PS: I don’t waste my phone ink over twisting arguments

Is that an obscure reference to some kind of Young Earth creationism?

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
Exodus 22:18 (KJV)

Bridget Bishop, Sarah Good, Rebecca Nurse, Susannah Martin, Martha Carrier, John Proctor and Reverend George Burroughs all “hanged by the neck until dead”, Salem, 1692, on “spectral evidence” provided by witnesses or by confessions made under torture.
Martha Cory was also charged and found guilt after she tried several times to prevent her husband from attending the Salem Witch trials. Her actions condemned her as a witch. Her husband Giles somehow found himself charged as well and was sentenced to death by “pressing” after refusing to admit he was a warlock.
All witness testimonies were conducted after each swore to tell the truth on the Bible.

In other news the following were executed for witchcraft or sorcery on the authority of Exodus 22:18 either hung, drowned, burned alive or beheaded.

Marigje Arriens 1591 Holland
Allison Balfour 1594 Kirkwall Scotland
Agnes Benauer 1435 Barvaria
Merga Bien 1603 Germany
Lasses Birgitta 1550 Sweden
Viola Cantini 1693 Italy
Sidonia von Borcke 1693 Pomerania (tortured for confession, beheaded and burned, just to be sure)
Janet Boyman 1572 Scottland
Anne de Chantraine 1622 France

…this is not a comprehensive list, because I have other things to do and you should do your own homework. I do know where to find names of those killed during the various witch hunts condoned and prompted by the Catholic Church simply on the demand of the Exodus verse that killed thousands upon thousand of old widowed women who acted as midwives when there was no other medical help available and tended herb gardens for remedies for a range of illnesses, used brooms to keep their hovels clean and kept rat catching cats for company. Isn’t that just like a witch?

Anything else I can help you with?

2 Likes

Jackson5, the thing about atheism is that it has only one qualifier, a lack of belief in the existence of a god or gods. After that there are no other conditions that can be universally applied to atheists.
I certainly don’t agree with either Thomas Nagel or Martin Rowson. I am not sure I have even heard of them before.
The universe appears to be exactly the way it should be if there were no god.
Rowson’s view is simply petulant foot stamping. There can be no way to prove ‘God’s’ existence.

LOL!! Comfortably? Now I know for sure you’ve never attended any church I’ve ever worshipped in.

2 Likes

If you really feel that way, I have to ask, why are you here?

I used to be without critical thought, my mind used to be a church, with chains on the doors and planks on the windows. But then I started to see flaws in what I was being told.

As soon as I started thinking for myself, I realised how silly the Christian faith is.

You really need to take an objective look at the universe, without relating it to Christianity. There’s so much out there far more beautiful, than anything that was written in the Bible.

Surely, an omnipresent and omnipotent being (which would mean he negates his own existence) would be aware that humanity would one day, be able to reach the stars.

If that is the case, why in his ‘infinite wisdom’ would he deign to leave that part of ‘his creation’ out? If he created it, surely the uniquely hostile universe surrounding us, could be called his masterpiece.

For example, Black holes, an entity in space that is so strong, so powerful, that even light itself can’t escape from it, or strange matter, in the centre of a dead star, which theoretically would be the perfect form of mass, anything it touches would reassemble into its form.

Not one mention of any of this in the Bible.

Because the MAN who wrote the Bible, had no knowledge of any of these things.

You’ve got this backwards, truth is truth, and false is false, yes, they are the same words, with the same meaning. Belief shouldn’t need to change that, because that is reality. To step away from reality, is to remove foundations, not enhance them.

Oxygen particles moving on mass within the atmosphere, this is what causes wind, oxygen particles have been proven to exist. Whereas, a euphoric feeling of emotion and warmth, that believers sometimes feel through prayer, can be argued is not the presence of God, but epidorphins created by the body.

I thought I felt the precence of God whilst praying, in my teenage years, I have felt the same feeling many times throughout my life, but they weren’t all through prayer.

Unfortunately, I’ve made stupid decisions in the past, and experimented with dangerous drugs, I’m extremely lucky I didn’t get permanently addicted to any of them.

When you inject Ketamine (horse tranquilliser) into your veins, you have a very similar feeling, albeit much stronger. This is directly caused by epidorphins released into the brain, so because of this, I concluded, people who feel this through prayer, are simply hitting a certain level of meditation. That’s it, there’s no God there, just us and our brain chemicals.

You said it yourself, if a divine act is mere coincidence, that makes it a mere coincidence. There’s no proof of anything there, whatsoever.

God has no tangible presence, so there is no tangible proof. The claim he created our reality is just rhetoric, when claimed without proof.

Why are you Theists so quick to jump to personal insults, it’s almost like you’re so insecure in your side of the argument, that you feel throwing pointless insults into the mix will help to turn the tide of a losing battle.

Just so you know, these little insults are pointless, my skin has thickened to nasty Christians.

I’ll translate this to its true meaning, for it is dishonest.

“But if your mind is lucid, that is not delusional to receive its words, we can’t manipulate you.”

Here’s the definition of metaphysical

met•a•phys•ic•al mĕt″ə-fĭz′ĭ-kəl

• adj. Of or relating to metaphysics.

• adj. Based on speculative or abstract reasoning.

• adj. Immaterial or supernatural.

How can something speculative, abstract or immaterial ever be logical exploration, this claim is just sheer nonsense.

Yes, yes it does.

Electric signals sent through our synapse, is the abridged version.

I used to have this thing you call faith, but then I woke and realised to believe without evidence is delusion.

Faith is just a nice way of saying, ‘to deceive oneself, into believing for want of belief.’

So you claim, that you saw someone born blind, gain sight?

I once saw a man eat his own head.

You see, claims without proof are just pointless rhetoric.

Refer to Grinseeds comment on witch hunting.

I’d also like to add, you could argue the crusades were caused by the Bible, but noted, Islam had just as much to do with the crusades. The innocent collateral blood is on both of these cults hands.

Was the man ‘told to go and sin no more?’

Are you sure it’s not so your forced to kneel, which, as far as I can tell, throughout human history, (at least in Western culture) is the position of submission.

No individual should have to submit to anything, this is immoral and mirrors slavery.

You jumped so many barrels there, you ceased to make sense. So, because the world exists, and is habitable by our species, that in itself is a miracle?

I do say so, I wouldn’t have said it if not. Are you unable to provide and adequate response to this statement?

To say morality is evidence of God is just plainly ludicrous.

Morality is derived from the individual, frankly, I find it quite offensive, that you could say I don’t own my morality and it was given to me.

My morality is not the same as the morality in disguise, offered up by Christendom, so if it was God given, wouldn’t it stand to reason, it would mirror Christian virtue.

No, morality is a human construct, there’s nothing to say it’s divine at all.

I’ve already addressed consciousness.

This is not adequate evidence in the slightest, who’s the liar now?

So you deny my response before I’ve even made it. That’s the definition of being closed minded.

In regards to the picture, those are two men that I’ve never heard of, do you stand by every claim every Christian has ever made?

Are you aware, Hitler was a Christian? Following you’re logic, you believe all Jews should be put to death.

Okay, that’s not fair.

I can understand how those two men reached that conclusion, but it was poorly worded.

What they may be trying to say, is that the universe according to the Bible, is extremely dull. Especially when held up to the reality of the cosmos.

I personally would much rather observe the beauty of reality.

Be nice to people man, even if you don’t agree with them, we’ve all got to live through life, why struggle against it and make life uncomfortable for those around you?

1 Like

Are you seriously telling me to have sexual intercourse with my family members?! :nauseated_face:

If that’s what you and your family have been practicing, it explains A L O T.

1 Like

Faith is the antithesis of proof, and the bible can no more evidence it’s claims than the Harry Potter books can evidence theirs.

Religion has had millennia, and you’ve had months, and neither it nor you have produced even one piece of objective evidence, just the same anecdotal rhetoric.

That claim is ludicrously errant, but even so the claim to have seen a deity, whilst universal in many competing religions, evidences nothing, anymore than claiming you’ve been beamed aboard an alien spacecraft and fiddled with is evidence for those claims.

I don’t care what you think your mythical book claims your imaginary deity wants, anymore than I’m bothered by the relentless and unevidenced claims of other religions for their deities.

Only sufficient objective evidence can reveal the validity of a claim or belief. Your blind faith reveals only your bias in favour of one deity from one archaic superstition.

Faith is simply closed minded bias, that has no criteria for disbelief. There is literally nothing one could not believe with faith, thus rendering it useless for validating anything.

The bible that endorses slavery, rape, murder, infanticide, ethnic cleansing, genocide, and sex trafficking female prisoners of war, innocent?

You are either barking mad, or so dishonest that rational discourse is impossible for you, or both of course.

What particularly stupid response, the mythical parable in question mentions only the woman caught in adultery, under Mosaic law the man would also have been subject to punishment, but is never mentioned in the bible, nor is that the only obvious flaw in this narrative if one has any interest in an open minded reading. Which of course you clearly don’t, as your facile response shows.

As explained, the man is never mentioned, despite Mosaic law citing him as equally culpable. The dialogue is in the third person, yet purports to know what Jesus is claimed to have said to the woman when just she and he remained alone.

As I said, your blinkered closed minded bias means you are unable to question any inconsistencies, you just wave them away with inane rhetoric and bluster.

So your perfectly moral deity was ok with incest, but then changed its mind later on?

It’s sad you can’t see how absurdly and stupidly contradictory that is.

I know people who believe they can locate subterranean water with a stick, who gives a fuck. Subjective opinion is not evidence.

I don’t believe you, what objective evidence can you demonstrate for any deity?

3 Likes

Yes I have noticed that theists prefer a facile superficial bias, to any substantive scrutiny of their claims and beliefs.

Your arrogant sententious trolling might be remotely believable, if you didn’t keep coming here to peddle your superstitious wares.

:grin::grin::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Fuck that’s funny, talk about an irony overload.

Wtf is aldo? Can we have that sentence in English please?

Nonsense, you implied you’d seen god, and were asked to state candidly if you had, so of course you resort to vapid waffle.

Talk about a loaded question, can your imagination play tricks on you? Of course it fucking can, have you never seen a “magic” show, and the audience is generally looking for trickery, whereas you’re so closed mindedly biased in favour of what you’ve been taught to imagine is real, it’s hilarious to think you couldn’t easily be fooled or are fooling yourself.

Is an invisible unicorn white? Since you’re asking asinine loaded questions, try mine.

Another begging the question fallacy, as has been explained to you, making unevidenced assumptions about a deity, in an argument for that deity is a known logical fallacy and therefore irrational by definition.

Your post are ample proof of that.

You could convince yourself of any old garbage doing that, even without the precursor of your childhood indoctrination.

Yes so theists keep claiming, but it is an objective fact that science can’t detect what does not exist, so Occam’s razor suggests a more rational explanation than your blinkered claim.

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

You are funny, given your complete ignorance of even the most basic principles of informal logic, that’s fucking hilarious. You’ve used a known logical fallacy in that post ffs.

Yes and yes. An MRI scan can show brain activity in different spheres of the brain for various functions of the brain. However it wouldn’t matter, as even if they couldn’t this false equivalence fallacy doesn’t evidence any deity.

Faith has no criteria for disbelief, that is a axiomatic, and thus one can choose to believe literally anything using faith, and people do this all the time.

You claim to have seen. Care to demonstrate some objective evidence to support that claim?

Intercessory prayer has of course been properly and rigorously tested at least once, and found to have no discernable effect.

Quelled surprise. I have a thousand acres of desert to sell, with diamond deposits. Are you interested? You won’t be needing proof obviously.

It’s filled with murder ffs.

How could you possibly know that, if as your bible states, everyone had left except the woman and Jesus, and neither of them is the narrator of the myth? The bible narrative is in the third person and doesn’t even try to pretend this was heard by anyone. Making shit up after the fact is bread and butter to religions.

Like the slavery that the bible endorses you mean?

Hahahaha … this one is my pick! From the old forum and our past history.

2 Likes

How true.

Let us cut to the chase. You claim a god exists, I request you prove it.