Why is premarital sex a problem?

I find it funny that evidence only matters to people like @Richeydale67 when it’s a legal proceeding and he’ll need his lawyer to meet the Burden of Proof that he didn’t commit whatever crime he’s being tried for.

I need evidence for many things. A lot of people are congenital liars in real life including Christians. So I can’t always take someone at their word when they’re telling me a story about something.

I find god not guilty of existing.

1 Like

This is known as the “eat shit–100 billion flies can’t be wrong” argument.

2 Likes

There you go :arrow_up: God wants an adult with a childlike brain… (your god idea btw)

No thanks.

I’m an adult. I have a mature mind. I process information rationally. This includes being convinced through evidence.

1 Like

I don’t waste any energy in proving your god doesn’t exist any more than you waste energy proving leprechauns don’t exist. You’re the one making the claims, so the burden of proof falls on you.

3 Likes

Look Richey, it’s pretty simple.

YOU tell me I win the million dollar lottery! WOW :star_struck:. I ask to see the ticket or proof of winnings.

YOU say - no problem :wink:, trust me - spend away….your cheque is in the mail.

I think :thinking: hmmmmm. You know what??? I think I’ll just wait and see. I have no evidence that I won a lottery. I don’t remember entering a lottery and I’m not going to start spending money and getting into debt on “somebody’s say-so”.

Evidence to back claims.

3 Likes

Sin is defined as an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law. Before I can believe your claim you will have to demonstrate some objective evidence that a deity exists, or is even possible come to that. or else there is no divine law to submit to.

All you have done is use a begging the question fallacy to create a circular reasoning fallacy. You’ve simply assumed there is a deity to submit to, in your argument. That’s very poor reasoning.

Another begging the question fallacy, you’d need to demonstrate something approaching objective evidence this “judgement” exists, and you have simply assumed it, very weak and poorly reasoned argument.

As for childhood trauma arresting development, here’s a theory for you, the childhood indoctrination theists receive as children, make critical and rational thinking almost impossible in many cases. In evidence I cite the several known logical fallacies you just used.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

4 Likes

Cool story, now what objective evidence can you demonstrate that any deity exists?

Two more unevidenced claims is all I see, and miracles are simply appeals to mystery, there is also no evidence prayer has any discernible effect, and when properly tested it has been shown not to.

Another unevidenced claim, they’re stacking up. There are plenty of people who make this identical claim for very different religions and deities, so I am unable to believe the claim, unless some objective difference can be demonstrated.

Then you’d best crack on with a demonstration of some objective evidence that a deity exists, or is even possible, and then that believe in it is wonderful. I must assume this is not one of the Abrahamic deities.

2 Likes

I’ve missed you Sheldon. Hope you’re doing well :blush:

2 Likes

We know murder is possible, we don’t know any deity is possible. There would also have to be enough objective evidence to believe a murder had been committed beyond any reasonable doubt, what have you got, only so far all I see are claims?

Argumentum ad populum fallacy.

You haven’t demonstrate a shred of objective evidence, so that’s a rather stupid claim I must say.

I don’t believe in a soul, again you are simply assuming things your arguing for, this is called a begging the question fallacy. It may wow them from the pulpit, but it won’t cut much ice here.

You have relentlessly used known logical fallacies in almost every post, so I don’t think you know what reasonable thinking means, and this is just rhetoric for your subjective beliefs.

I’m not worried at all, nor am I under anymore obligation to disprove your deity, than you are to disprove invisible mermaids exist. Only one o in proving as well.

1 Like

I’m doing well, thank you. :innocent:

2 Likes

Welcome back, my friend. :heart_eyes:

Thank you, I hope you are all doing well. :sunglasses:

2 Likes