Why is premarital sex a problem?

Why did the idiots who wrote the Bible decide to villainize pre-marital sex and write it off as sexual immorality?

Were they just upset because they couldn’t get any so they thought they’d ruin it for everyone?

Because the purpose of organized religion (as far as I can tell anyway) seems to be the regulation of sexual access to young women. Because that is how you get young women to have sex with old men.

4 Likes

How many times in the bible does god command the Israelites to wipe out a rival tribe by killing all the men, women, and boys, but to spare the girls who have not “lyed with a man”?

1 Like

All religions have problems with “selling” their particular brands of make believe to their target audiences.
So how to gain traction for their confidence trick… it would be so much easier if they could infiltrate daily
life in such a way that ,over time it becomes “the norm” to require some form of automatic “church” involvement
in common-place activities.

Now humans being human all have certain basic requirements in common…

we need companionship/partnerships
we need to reproduce
we need societal acknowledgement for our off springs
we need societal acknowledgement of bereavement
we need cultural “rights of passage”

and so the religions insinuate themselves into the life of society in such a way as to atempt to make themselves indispensable.
Thus births ,deaths, marriages and funerals become the domain of the church/temple authorities.
The year becomes interspersed with various rituals/ceremonies that also ,somehow need a religious operative…
Spring festivals ,harvest festivals plus anything they can make up from their own particular play books…
Christmas ,Easter ,Ramadan ,Diwali ,saints days, etc. etc. ad infinitum.
And all requiring a god fearing practitioner … money for old rope…
and far easier than actualy working for a living.

2 Likes

Is it really premarital sex if you never get married?

5 Likes

“Is it really premarital sex if you never get married?”

Enjoying the benefits of what we want to be an accepted norm …
in defiance of our proclaimed penalties… ?

Hebrews 13:4
“Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.”

So … Yes… pretty much … unless ,of course you are a priest .

2 Likes

But if nobody is, or ever was, married it can’t be adultery, right?

And “sexually immoral” is such a vague term. It could mean anything!

Next you’ll tell me that visiting my Dominatrix is somehow wrong.

Sheesh!

2 Likes

I’d like to weigh in here if I may.

Sex has always–until very recently–dangerous . . . especially for women.

It is easier for a woman to catch an STD from a man than the other way around, for example. Also, childbirth has always been very hazardous to a woman.

Yet sex is how humanity replenishes itself, so it’s utterly vital.

This sets up a contradiction, which is resolved with the idea that commitment should be attached to sex, as this is what makes the risks worthwhile.

This is commitment is symbolized by marriage.

1 Like

Lol :joy: THIS way both are miserable…

Sex for any purpose other than to procreate is sin.

Already knew that about Christian Mythology. Now tell us something we don’t know.

2 Likes

Nope. I don’t believe you.

This “sin” idea doesn’t exist. BUT if that’s your reason for not gettin’ any :woman_shrugging:t2:…you keep on telling yourself that.

4 Likes

Ooooooohhhh… NOW I get it! :grinning: That would explain why so many priests over the centuries and in today’s day and age have had sex with little boys! It’s a loophole. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure the bible is specific in stating a man shall not lay with a woman until they are married. And, sure, there is a part that says man shall not lay with a man as with a woman. But little boys are technically not considered men. So, there we have it. Mystery solved. Glad we got that settled.

However… About that whole thing of it being a sin to have sex without intent to procreate… Ummm… :thinking:… Does that mean a husband and wife having sex just for fun and mutual pleasure and bonding are committing a sin? Wow… Fascinating. Hmmm… Well then, how about this? When they have sex, they have every intention of getting her pregnant to have children. And since God is ALL-POWERFUL, they decide to leave it up to god to help the sperm get through the condom… and past her diaphragm… and to defeat her birth control pills. That sounds like a fair compromise. (Damn, I should be a Bible Lawyer.)

4 Likes

Does the soul that’s just awaiting watch???

1 Like

Wow, what a stupid question. Of COURSE it watches… and listens as well. And just like the universe, it just “pops” into existence. It also comes from nothing.

2 Likes

Ty topic is actually not fair as this question should be coming from someone whom actually understands and easily relates … women. Sex as you call it holds massive significance to women, especially when they are left with a child in the bargain because men are animals with almost no self control. Under this concept I think you can easily see why, your remark is ignorant at its base, as all you care about is parking it somewhere, and fr the sole reason for self gratification, care nothing for the one you saddle with your offspring.
Course marrying a whore is not what any reputable man wants to do anyway, and only the worse kinds of men do. Imagine being married to a woman whose been ridden more than Seattle Slew

…and who are you talking to???

You are making assertions. Ones that are not backed by anything other than your opinion, which is not interesting nor unique (like an asshole, everyone’s got one)…however YOU do YOU.

I’ll do me (that self-gratification line put me in the mood).

3 Likes

Yet you speak in delusion alone, having not one tittle of real evidence on your side. That should concern you. As I stated before as an atheist, you have nothing but opinion. The basis of your entire life is based on lies, fabrications and pressed to provide a single piece of evidence for your delusion, followed to its origin would reveal … emptiness.

You doing you has been all you have done, meaning your screwed, and here’s the biggest point, you must live forever because reality awaits you at death and Hell is your place. I would wish this were not so, and I understand this seems as if I am angry or perhaps even irritated, but I assure you I am not the slightest bit upset with you. You are atheist and you will be going to Hell, and there is nothing I can do about that … but there is something you can do about it. you just need to open your mind a little and God will do the rest, allowing me to prove the delusion you exist within, it Really isn’t hard.

It is probably wise to tell you the reason I would lead you to your God, (as beliefs are lies, nothing more, based on delusions alone). Understand I am commanded to tell everyone who is going to HELL, in the attempt to save them, lest their death is accounted to me. So you see my reasons are selfish, and I do understand that.
Ezekiel 3:17-21

“Son of man, I have appointed you a watchman to the house of Israel; whenever you hear a word from My mouth, warn them from Me. When I say to the wicked, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn him or speak out to warn the wicked from his wicked way that he may live, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. Yet if you have warned the wicked and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered yourself.

Source: 10 Bible verses about Responsible To Warn