Why do atheïsts rely so heavily on science

Before today, I had no idea that Isaac Newton was really a stupid in disguise. :thinking:

No sciences are better attested than the religion of the bible.

Definition of “attested” by Oxford Languages

declare that something exists or is the case.

Not proven or evidenced, but just attested.

“He had complex religious beliefs , subscribing to a heresy called anti-Trinitarianism.”

Two contradictory quotes one after the other?

Is @Nogba going to offer any thoughts of his own to enlighten us as to why?

Oh it’s either reassuring, or depressing, depending on your viewpoint, but geniuses are as capable of rank stupidity as anyone else.

He was a genius at physics, but also anachronistic, and held superstitious beliefs including astrology, alchemy and religious.

1 Like

That is something many fail to grasp, that even a genius can be wrong on other fields. Einstein got stuff wrong, so did Darwin and Freud. And those mental greats were correct only in their lifetime, we learn more and advance, and leave most of their work in the past.

For example, theists constantly reference Darwin, but today, those in the field of evolution do not reference his work.

1 Like

Exactly, and this idea is at the core of why a bare appeal to authority is fallacious. It’s the ideas that stand up to objective scrutiny that are validated, not the person, no matter how much of a genius they are.

It’s surprising how many people don’t get this.

1 Like

index

Nogba, why don’t you engage in conversation instead of all this picture posting?

2 Likes

I am not the best at this but I would ask for some actual evidence to prove your god, and which god is it you are talking about?

Move this shit to the meme thread. This is a debate forum. If you do not offer up your thoughts, well I’ll have to grab the rolling pin.

You want to meme? Go to the “Battlefield”. We’ll debate via only memes.

This by the way is an official warning.

What’s with all these photo and links?

I asked for actual evidence for a god, not opinions of others.

Are you familiar with the fight about whether Einstein was an atheist or a believer? Each side wants to claim him as if it makes a difference. The Einstein letter sold a few years ago, shows he was an atheist. So what?

Ironic isn’t it, I’ve even got caught up in it myself once or twice, and I know it has zero relevance. Einstein’s views are only valid if they are supported by sufficient objective evidence, just like the lest of us. It’s weird how some people don’t get that. They usually fail to understand the significance that all humans are anachronistic as well.

Though of course a defining characteristic of genius is its ability to think outside of the epoch they lived in, but only in a narrow field of course. Newton’s genius to advance physics isn’t finished because he adhered to archaic superstitions that were part of the era in which he lived, quite the opposite in my opinion.

Prove this wrong and prove a God did it.

I will be waiting.

In 6 days?

So exactly why did it take the universe over 9 billion years just to get to our part of it? If what you claim was true, then we would pretty much be the center of the universe.

I ask for evidence and this is what you give me? I don’t care about what any bible says, there needs to be actual evidence, and you give none besides what’s in a book written by humans.

Do you NOT understand how much evidence there is against those bibles? Most of it is fiction, with a little bit of true observation.

Tell me where’s things which Jesus would have built if he was a carpenter? Why wouldn’t we find these things?

I am still waiting for actual evidence, not so called proof.

Waiting.

That seems to be a pretty common belief among theists.

1 Like