Who thinks funerals should be banned, and why?

Are you ever going to say this and just leave? You keep saying goodbye but you’re still here. Seems like you like us. That’s so adorable!

P.S. I think you spelled your name wrong, it’s spelled P.r.o.j.e.c.t.o.r. I mean that’s all you do.

1 Like
1 Like

Its called being polite.

You should try it sometimes.
Best Wishes,
Padster

@Padster, I’m curious, why are you here? What is your purpose for posting in the forum? What do you hope to get out of it?
This is not a game-play question. I really want to know.

1 Like

Oh really?

Trolling…

Trolling…

Trolling…

Trolling…

and trolling, and flagged.

Lame. Once again, the option to either ignore or engage intelligently was passed over. Shame.
Oh, and by the way, ‘rebutting’ comments like that is considered really bad internet etiquette.
Well done Sheldon, you have proved just how closed-minded some atheists are, though I am not sure just how many actual atheists frequent this forum. No doubt you will try to move to get me banned, because you cannot STAND anything that doesnt fall in with the group-think here. So, before you do, I would like to quote from the great Pat Condell, an ACTUAL atheist:
“If you cannot practice what you preach, at least try to preach what you practice,. Otherwise, you could go a little crazy.
Peace”

When you offer something of value I have little doubt others will reciprocate, your name calling and trolling will simply be pointed out.

Don’t be silly you have deliberately sought out an atheist forum, now your hurling insults because no one shares your unevidenced views. You have been asked repeatedly and from the start to demonstrate any objective evidence for any deity, and have pointedly failed to even try.

Why preach at all, it’s a rather vapid substitute for reasoned argument, and you had little time for that when it challenged your claims, as anyone who has a cursory read of your exchanges here can see.

You cam e here to tell atheists what they think, well I imagine they are as convinced by that nonsense as you would be, beyond that you have berated people for making assumptions about your theistic beliefs, but refused to offer any explanation of precisely what you believe. as @CyberLN has already asked you, why are you here, in an atheist debate forum, what is it you hope to gain?

Now I will ask yet again, since you have deliberately come here to an atheist debate forum, and declared yourself a theist (it is in your profile), what objective evidence can you demonstrate for any deity?

Excellent question, Cyber. If you don’t mind, I’m gonna take a stab at trying to clear the mystery.

So, just speculating, but I’m guessing he simply pops in here from time to time in between his live-stream World of Warcraft sessions. His mommy brings his Hot Pocket to him in his basement “command center”, and he refuels with that and a couple of Red Bulls while gracing us with his presence until his next epic battle. Helps him relax and refocus for the next round.

I freely admit I could be wrong, of course. After all, I’m not a gaming enthusiast, so I’m not sure what the latest video game fad is. Is World of Warcraft still popular? Just curious.

(Edit for calloused thumbs.)

1 Like

Hey, we’re just trying to follow your example. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :blush:

2 Likes

But perfect for rational discourse. It makes perfect sense that most internet dweebs consider it bad form.

Most real atheists recognize the ‘No True Scotsman fallacy’ when it is the core discourse.

You can’t get banned on Sheldon’s say so. Our mods are a bunch of shitheads with minds of their own and an ability to completely ignore our requests to remove trolls like yourself. Basically, as long as our responses are rational, and help the readers understand how to deal with people like yourself, you are good to keep posting your drivel.

You mean … asking for evidence qualifies as ‘group think.’ Really?

Or you could run away with your tail tucked up between your legs, whining loudly enough to blot out the information that directly contradicts all in which you believe. I see only one whinny b***** running from the debate. Perhaps if you cry loudly enough, someone will give you a cookie. Do you like cookies?

3 Likes

Don’t you DARE give him any of my cookies! They are still in their fermentation stage. :triumph:

1 Like

I’m an atheist/Satanist that grew up, got married, had 2 kids, worked full-time (50+ hours a week) for over 30 years, and is now retired with 4 grandkids. I’ve never believed any of your bullshit despite being raised in a catholic family and 9 years of their schooling.
I’m a member of TST(I’m sure you know what that is, right?), yet despite this, I haven’t eaten any babies or performed any kind of sacrifice to Satan. We don’t believe in any god/gods, but we do use your own imagery/sigils against you because we know that you’ll react to it.

There’s nothing like a pentagram or good old fashioned inverted crucifix to make you guys go apeshit. We’re normal people who just want to be left the fuck alone and live our lives without any of your dogma being shoved down our throats.

I’m the perfect example, I’m a lifetime atheist who’s been married to a devout christian for over 40 years. There isn’t a single thing that you can say that I haven’t already heard dozens of times. Being a theist doesn’t make you special.

1 Like

Jesus Christ! You people are so touchy.

I haven’t pushed any dogma/bullshit of mine upon anyone. You on the contrary, have pushed your beliefs (yes, they ARE beliefs, despite you claiming to be an atheist) at every opportunity. I don’t know how one can be an atheist and a Satanist at the same time, but hey, if it works for you go for it. I just find it bizarre.

I think I have proved how angry some of you people are, and that perhaps your atheism is rooted in misotheism, and dare I say it, a hatred of self.

Best wishes,
Padster

I repeat….please answer.

1 Like

It’s ok paddington, calm down. You’re amongst friends here. You seem a bit perturbed, maybe have drink. Perhaps a long drag on a cigarette might help. What’s making you so tense?

4 Likes

WTF? How in the hell do you qualify as an Atheist? You’ve never had deep-fried baby fingers, covered in a buttery sauce, smothered in Tobasco and dipped in ranch dressing? You’ve missed out on perfectly roasted baby shanks 20 mins per 450g/lb, plus an extra 20 mins. (Just like grandma used to make.)

And what about pulled baby shoulder? Delicious, sweet roasted, with a side of ground kitten brain? Dude, how in the hell did you get into this site?

5 Likes

Do you need a safe space? Poor little Pudster. Are the big mean atheists picking on you? You want a shoulder to cry on? Those bastards! Why don’t you come over here, sit on my lap, and tell uncle Cog all about it?

4 Likes

Not one person has claimed atheists don’t have beliefs, only that atheism is not a belief per se. It’s odd how many theists (pretend?) they don’t understand the difference.

Now that I’m inclined to believe, it certainly would explain a level of perception that doesn’t understand that not holding one specific belief, does not mean you hold no beliefs. Or that beliefs can range from solely unevidenced subjective beliefs (like religious faith) to irrefutable objective facts, or a facile level of perception that can’t discern the difference between immutable absolutes and irrefutable facts.

Well you can think the moon is made of cheese if it makes you happy, but like your theism, believing it doesn’t make it true.

You already claimed one cannot be an atheist and misotheist at the same time. However if you want us to believe in your superstition then present some objective evidence for your deity? So far you seem very keen to evade all requests.

1 Like

Seriously, do baseball pitchers all have a secret religion then? They all have their own superstitious little windup before they throw a baseball. Could we consider the baseball a god then? Just because they believe their tics or repetition adds to their performance does it actually mean anything? @Padster is baseball a religion then? Are they bi-religious?

1 Like

That’s a good analogy as I’m given to understand that as a demographic professional baseball players are particularly superstitious. I wonder how many players who are (for example) loathe to forgo their “lucky” socks before a game, also happen to be atheists?

I bought a new pair of shoes just the other day for a funeral, and on returning home placed them on the table in the living room while I took of my coat and changed. I chuckled to myself as I imagined my maternal grandmother going utterly bananas if she could’ve seen it. We’re are peculiar species and no mistake.

1 Like