Who thinks funerals should be banned, and why?

Seriously? Did we go to the oldest sport on the planet? Baseball? You do know that the very first game of baseball occurred in the Bible don’t you. God has a whole story about it in Genesis. Let’s see… It starts off… In the BigInning.

1 Like

And the American national anthem is actually about a Spanish guy.

“Jose can you see? By the dawn’s early light yada yada yada”

So secretly baseball players actually worship some Spanish guy named Jose, and they pray to him for a good performance. So maybe it’s not the baseball they worship, it’s this Jose! I think we are on to something here boys!

2 Likes

Jose, brilliant… :rofl:

That is because you have huge misconceptions about what an atheist is (and probably similar misconceptions about what a satanist is). The only thing I wonder: is your ignorance willful? I hope not, but I would guess so.

Given his erroneous assertions have been challenged and explained to him, and he has rolled past them with sneering ad hominem, I’m inclined to think he has little interest in what is factual or true, if it does not match his closed minded views and beliefs. I mean I know I say this often, but when someone starts by contradicting the dictionary over and over, it’s usually a very bad sign, and unlikely that they are interested in honest debate.

1 Like

That’s probably because you’re unfamiliar with LaVeyan Satanism. I’d suggest you look it up. TST (The Satanist Temple) is a secular (non-theist) organization with the following mission statement (as taken from their website): “ The Mission Of The Satanic Temple Is To Encourage Benevolence And Empathy, Reject Tyrannical Authority, Advocate Practical Common Sense, Oppose Injustice, And Undertake Noble Pursuits.”

1 Like

That’s because you don’t know what a Satanist is you condescending clown. We don’t worship anyone or anything, we believe in what we can see and hear, nothing more, nothing less.
We’ve adopted your own imagery to use against you, and that makes you crazy. There are a few theistic satanists who believe in Satan the same way you believe in your nonsense, but those people have the same evidence for their deity as you do, ZERO.

2 Likes

I think funerals were basically structured just to send loved ones off, and then life continues.

I understand your reservations for not wanting to be around them, and I can certainly respect that but on the other side I realize some people want these type of things for closure i would think, so I’ve learned to tolerate funerals whenever they occur for their sakes.

I feel the same way. I won’t judge those who do go. Losing someone close is a personal experience and whatever the person needs to do to get by is fine with me. I gave the eulogy at my dads funeral because I wanted to relate some great memories not because I believed in an afterlife. I also attended my moms funeral. It was held in Utah and prior to leaving to drive down my wife told me she had a nightmare. She dreamed that when we got to Farmington there was a great earth quake and the earth was split open North of where we were staying and that we were trapped in Utah without wine and surrounded by really friendly missionaries. After the funeral we didn’t linger and we both sighed in relief when we crossed the border. Neither of my two brothers had funerals but we had a grave side non religious ceremony, family only, for one and this summer for the other. I don’t go to visit the graves but I think of my parents often. My wife died last April so most of the time I’m numb sometimes with dis-belief and sometimes with sadness. We had a celebration of life for her that was for all those who could come and whose life she enhanced. Her ashes are on the hearth because I haven’t yet decided what to do.

4 Likes

My condolences, we all have to handle loss as best we can, and no one gets to tell us what we need, or how to deal with that. Though we should never be afraid to seek or accept help when we need it. It’s a sad fact that our worlds shrink as we get older, I guess that’s the price of having people we care about and who care for us.

1 Like

DAMN, that is brutal, I’m sorry you had to deal with that, it proves that life isn’t fair, never has been or ever will. When our dad died in 2001, he was cremated and we(I) dumped his ashes into a stream that ran into the Skagit river here in western Washington state, good riddance.
Our mom died in 2010, and she was buried in a local cemetery. Neither of my 3 sisters ever visited her grave after the funeral, but I still visit and maintain her marker a couple of times a year. I can understand their reasons, it’s painful for them, but I visit her just to bring back some of my memories of her.
Everyone grieves differently, and shouldn’t be criticized one way or the other.

4 Likes

I absolutely agree…

3 Likes