Which God Would you Hang Out With?

That is a God I could learn to like. May the force be with you FievelJ

1 Like

This still cracks me up.

2 Likes

Yes may the force be with you.

My kind of god allowing one to have special powers.

Edit; “You will buy me a 40oz of beer.” to my lover, “Yes I will buy you a 40oz of beer in a bottle.” something like that.

1 Like

Hmmm :thinking: better hope your lover doesn’t “convert” otherwise your fellow Jedi may just respond back “Buy your own fucking beer”

1 Like

That explains the “Bent Pyramid” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: . That link to the British Museum Blog made it sound even more disgusting than I remember. I suppose I could get use to it. If there’s anything I’ve learned in life is that you can get use to anything when the options are limited.

1 Like

THATS the rub. You really do need to have grown up with it. Mothers give it to babies on their rusks. PLUS and here’s the real secret; you only put a very thin smear on your toast.

Vegemite is made from the yeast which is a by product of making beer. Truly.

Further demonstrating they have no morals at all, Vegemite is owned and produced by KRAFT.

Nope. Bega Cheese Limited. Bega Cheese Limited purchased the VEGEMITE brand in 2017, bringing it under Australian ownership for the first time in over 90 years.

I dont like vegemite although I did introduce a departed Tin Man to it
on toasted sourdough with unsalted butter. I much prefer Promite. It has a more subtle flavour

Ah. Just had a look at the label. The word ‘KRAFT’ has been replaced with “B vitamins”. I’ve never had the belief that eating vegemite is a sign of sophistication, in fact I think it’s bogan. I still eat it though.

Bega ‘Strong & Bitey’ cheese is acceptable for sandwiches, but nothing special imo.

lol, my lover doesn’t mind buying us two some beer once in awhile. Thanks though.

At least.

My ex wife went back to the church after we had been married 8 years. I was lucky. The marriage was pretty well fucked by then, so her re-catholification didn’t make any perceivable difference .

We staggered along for another four years. One tends to think magically in hoping things will improve. They didn’t.

I admit to being peeved when the hypocritical bitch lied her tits off*** to get an annulment. (2 years after the civil divorce)

PS When the Catholic church claims it does not grant divorces, it’s fucking lying. My favourite example is Princess Caroline of Monaco. She was granted an annulment from her playboy husband on the grounds of her ‘psychological immaturity’. I kid you not.

1 Like

Nah Bega cheese is bland, plastic and uninspiring. For a bulk cheese the Mainland Aged Vintage is the best of a bland lot.

Yair. So far BEGA is the best supermarket cheese in my budget range. I can get much better cheese for the same price if I go into the Central Market. Not to mention much better coffee than the big brand stuff I buy at the supermarket.

The supermarket is literally 5 minutes away, with free parking. Central market is 30 minutes each way plus 30-40 minutes shopping time.

I far prefer to buy cheese off the round. My favourite cheeses include: King Island: Cheddar, Blue, Camembert and Brie. Also Applewood and some of the soft white cheeses such as Esrom and Havarti. Like good Parmesan and Romano as a table cheese with fruit

1 Like

Had this tonight. Toasted on ciabatta bread with sautéed mushrooms, onions (finished the veggies with a balsamic glaze). Side salad also.

:yum:

I have two all time favourite cheeses
Bleu de Bresse, and Pont L’Eveque from Normandie. If served properly they are to die for.

The Australia “Camembert” and “Brie” are like the block cheese
uninspiring and taste free. IMHO Brie should not be consumed until its gooey yellow goodness is set to walk off the plate under its own volition.

Accompanied by a good and robust red wine and a genuine fresh baguette or Ronde (or my own home baked Dinkelbrot!)
heaven on a plate.

Nowadays my cheese intake is very limited, I get severe joint pain if I consume even a small morsel after about 3pm. No idea why the time of day makes a difference, but it does and not just with cheese
ah the joys of 7 decades

Oh, drool. Simply cannot buy fresh brie around here. The supermarket has imported French Camembert. However, because of our strict quarantine laws, it’s been sterilised and is dreadful.

Does Canada produce its own Camembert and Brie ? I would have thought that BC would be suitable. Wine? Such as Riesling, Moselle and Chardonnay ? I know Washington state produces some white wine. However, the alleged wine I tried was from Chateau Le Pisse De Chat. (pardon my poor French)

I also thought the crap was horrible until an Aussi properly prepared it for me. Toasted English Muffin, butter, and a very very thin smear of Vegemite. It’s actually pretty good stuff done right.

1 Like

Can anyone describe to me what Vegemite taste like? Is it undescribable :slight_smile: ? It realllllly doesn’t look too good.

As I introduced it to Tin Man who is an avid consumer now
buttered toasted sourdough with a thin ( I prefer it thick) layer of Vegemite, Promite or any of the other brand “mites” we have here 
but not Marmite
that is pommy and disgusting.

Another way to enjoy the “mite” is with hot buttered quality bread, a layer of the “mite” and a good layer of peanut butter (crunchy) on top. Breakfast of Kings that is.

And to really be an aussie: My wife (and the Weiro) love toasted home made (Khorasan the favorite) bread, butter, the “mite” and topped with smashed avocado. Nice.

My stepsons favorite brekky sliced (supermarket) white bread, toasted, buttered, layer of 'mite and a can of those baked beans and sausages (franks for the septics) on top.

I once described the taste of Marmite as “salted roadkill”. But I’ve never tried Vegemite.

That pommy pretender is terrible. Vegemite, the brewers yeast, thickened with flour after being used in the brewing process is decayed, oversalted roadkill as it lands upon the jaded tastebuds
 But eaten as described in my previous post
yummy.

It is an acquired taste, a bit like the rotten fish paste spread the Swedes absolutely adore. No taste similarity just what you are brought up on