What's wrong with the bible?

Yep. Altruism is the greatest medicine for depression.

Actually, I think SNRIs might be a better medicine. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@LostLocke

Welcome to AR

Do you mean SSRIā€™s ? (Selective Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitors)

If so, Iā€™m afraid I canā€™t agree

First, antidepressants are not one-size fits all. Not all depressed patients take the same dosage and not all take SSRIā€™s. I take a cocktail which includes a tricylide. Currently stable for about 6 years.

The effects of a specific antidepressant can slowly wear off. Iā€™ve experienced that a couple of times. SSRIā€™s stopped working for me.

In my personal experience, antidepressants alone will not cure or stabilise depression. They are most certainly no replacement for healthy activity. I 'd argue that the two compliment each other and that each is crucial.

Having said all that , depression is a vast area about which much is still to be learned. I have a simple rule of thumb; whatever works. ( I do not include so-called alternative medicines)

@LostLocke

About time your ass showed up, L.L. What happened? You get Lost or something? :rofl: (Geez, I crack myself up.) Anyway, this new place has been awesome. Youā€™ve got some catching up to do.

My response was meant to be sarcastic mostly.
But, I did mean SNRI, which works on both serotonin and norepinephrine. Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been on for a few years and has, so far, been working good.

Yeah, took me long enough! :smile:
No I just gotta figure out this new formatā€¦ like quoting posts, which I just figured out how to do over at the old forums.

@LostLocke

MUCH easier to do here, man.

Iā€™ve been on paint thinner and white-out for a decade and it has done nothing at all for me. Perhaps you could send me some of your stuff?

1 Like

Glad it wasnā€™t.

I come by my ignorance honestly, as a victim of 1950ā€™s-60ā€™s Catholic education.

I had not heard of SNRI. Sounds interesting. Although I tend to keep to a regime which works for me. Glad youā€™ve found something which works for you long term.

Having said that, Iā€™ll stick with my initial statement , that medication alone will not cure or manage depression.(long term at least)

But hey, Iā€™m a patient not a doctor. I could be partially or totally wrong for some,many or everyone other than myself.

I donā€™t understand how I am dishonest.
I have mental illness as well as other things going on. I didnā€™t even mean to post that message about me having mental illness there. It just ended up there. White fire i posted that after you mentioned mental illness.

Plus Iā€™m using mobile and at the time it was a bit confusing to use.
And its funny how Iā€™m being treated now. Iā€™m not some troll whoā€™s trying to waste your time i have been struggling so much to try to understand all of this. Now all of a sudden Iā€™m being mocked. I wonā€™t tell you about my mental disorder. I was bejng honest as I could without telling you all of my issues.

I only understand what I can comprehend. Iā€™m not trying to set you off or make you feel like nothing youā€™re doing is enough.
I do this to my mom. My friend. My ex teacher. I seriously donā€™t mean to. Its an issue that Iā€™ve had for the longest time. I know you all put alot pf effort in trying to teach me.

It was dishonest because you didnā€™t post ā€œnewā€ you went into a post, deleted what was there and posted new - as though what you wrote previously didnā€™t exist.

You could have just replyed as youā€™ve been doing, and are capable of doing.

You know nothing of me or my life or if I deal with mental health issues or if my kids have mental health issues or learning disabilities OR anything.

None of your ā€œissuesā€ are an excuse for dishonesty.

I will proceed with extreme caution with you. Extreme!!!

I do not trust you. Simple.

@Italianish

Please understand this basic fact ā€¦ that I sincerely care about your welfare. I donā€™t give a shit how I am perceived by others, your welfare is important to me.

Unfortunately, you are now displaying a pattern of participating in a thread, then a few days later you act as if everything the members of this forum passed on to you did not register.

That is why I commented that I believe I have done all I could, and YOU need to find other sources of discourse/therapy to continue your life journey.

When one continually repeats an action and does not progress, then one must conclude that the method is not working effectively.

2 Likes

Lol :laughing: how could I perceive you any different than who you are? A shitting gnome :hugs:

:heart:

1 Like

Says the Wicked Witch of the West

:woman_mage: :heart:

2 Likes

How do you know he is shitting? Could be he is simply having a nice sit-down pee.

Or he could just be waiting for knock-off time.

Reading ā€¦ and pondering the meaning of life ā€¦

Not texting on Atheistrepublic?