What happened to freedom?

Hi David,

Greetings from Montreal, the beating heart of La Belle Province! I don’t think I’m in a position of holding you living in Toronto against you and rooting for the Leafs, considering how the Habs have been doing this year, it’s embarassing…

Snow day here so I’ve been watching all day too, and yes, it’s incredible the restraint that the police forces have been showing so far. And while I do deplore the fact that Trudeau had to resort to that law, I do understand the need for it at this point. We can’t have a “government by convoy”. We’re a democracy, if you have a problem with the government you express it at the ballot box, not by occupying a city until your demands are met.

1 Like

What kind of coward refuses to even meet with any of the protesters, wants to freeze their personal bank accounts, and threatens to euthanize the protesters pets if they don’t “surrender” to him? That is fucked up, where ever this happens to be occuring.

Hahahahaha!

Only imaginary scenarios to feed your “other” narrative.

Except for freezing accounts. He doesn’t have to meet with every citizen with a demand.

Euthanize??? That’s rich!

Euthanize? Please, you’re embarassing yourself.

Why would he meet with people who had no intention of negotiating anything in the first and led by the same people who organized the United we Roll convoy?

What’s there to discuss with people who are just sore about losing three elections in a row and whose argument boils down to “f*ck Trudeau” and want to replace a democratically elected government with a non-elected one that they would install? With people who think he’s guilty of crimes against humanity for the unspeakable crime of taking measures that kept us relatively safe during one of the worse pandemics we’ve seen since the Spanish Flu? With people who think he should be tried for treason in a show trial before a kangaroo court?

And what kind of cowards use their own children as human shields?

If you seriously think that they’re fighting to free us from those evil, tyranical health mandates I have a bridge I’d love to sell you. If it was about that they would have moved out when the various provincial governments started loosening up those mandates. The fact that they stayed (and that they’re coming back to Quebec City this weekend) proves that this whole thing had nothing to do with the mandates and everything with trying to weaken our democratic institutions and the rule of law.

Finally, if there’s one thing we can take away from all this:

• Right-wing authoritarians, conspiracy theorists, people who are afraid of needles, QAnon weirdos, Christian nationalists, anti-government types, “sovereign citizens”, trumpists, paranoid loners, white nationalists and people who use their own kids as human shields: heroes and freedom fighters.

• The democratically elected officials who are trying to uphold the law and the rights of the vast majority of the citizens of Ottawa, Ontario and Canada as a whole: dictators, cowards and tyrants.

What a time to be alive.

3 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/alberta/comments/sftaji/unpopular_opinion_the_truck_convoy_is_a_hazard/

Started by an Albertan.

One thread. I went looking for just threads regarding the convoy to get a feel…

The People’s Party - what a joke…hopefully more of these morons will go to that party (lol, simple one line platforms) otherwise the Conservatives will be going down if they keep catering to this segment of their base.

I mean we have the Green Party (lol far left)…

1 Like

Man - I was out of the social media loop.

I love the “Karen-convoy” moniker … lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But, but, but, but, … we are the land of the FREE and the home of the BRAVE! And I was never taught about the Canadian war in US history. It was just a few lost soldiers that happened to wander across the border when the Evil Hordes of Canadians attacked. That’s why we still make fun of Canadians today. They thought they had a war but it was just a couple of lost soldiers.

Why should Trudeau do that? Has Trump met with any protestors, for example Black Lives Matter or any other group? By your very standards, you have just labelled Trump a coward.

Where are you getting your information? I truly want to know. For myself, I grew up in Ottawa, know many people, including a shitload of police. My aunt, Therese Killens was a Member of Parliament for three terms. I have spend many hours today just closely watching what is going on. And speaking to my many relatives who live in Ottawa.

Really, what is the source of your info?

FYI despite what I believe are failings in the Ottawa leadership, this present police action is 100% de-escalation. Yes, they have tear gas and anti-riot police at the ready, but in the face to face confrontations, there has been zero police brutality, and even at the moment I am writing this, anyone can peacefully walk through the police line and leave. That includes any pets (who brings a fucking pet to a protest in such cold and weather conditions?) and the many children being used basically as a human shield.

How do you feel about the protestor who threw a bicycle at a police horse, intending to injure it? How do you feel about the protestors who threw rocks at ambulances? On day one three ambulances reported that they were the object of such attacks?

But I do have to thank you because we both agree that Trump is a coward.

3 Likes

:grimacing:… if I was Trudeau I wouldn’t want to “meet” with them either…

1 Like

Well, we did enjoy a wonderful camp-out and a weenie roast by the fires of the White House as we burned it to the ground.

2 Likes

…oh, and upon leaving we told them they could keep the land we took BUT they needed to respect OUR border.

The USA conspiraturd insurrectionists can keep their “funding” in the fucking USA.

2 Likes

Not so sure about that. It would be a bit of fun to get involved in US politics, make donations, campaign, influence the outcome. Heck, if they have no qualms about interfering in our politics, as they say, what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

How do I donate to Hilary?

Maybe it would make sense for Canada to donate, well, a rough ball park figure of one billion to the political party that favors Canada?

250 million a year is a reasonable investment for Canada to keep the riff raff away and have laws that favor Canada.

2 Likes

Dipshit!!! You’ll be taken seriously :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

OK, maybe excessive. How about Ellen DeGeneres?

Heck if a TV reality star can become president, why not a comedienne and talk show host?

1 Like

Ahhhh - let’s just give in to communism and accept funding from China :cn:… really give the Faux News something to rant about!

1 Like

1 Like

Come on, that was just a White House. Those lying bastards had to say something to their wives after that weenie roast. The whole “Town Flooded with Maple Syrup” thing had been around for years by then (Who would have thought that ever would have really happened.) Anyway, they had to say something.

1 Like

Well, as a new nation they had to outdo the beer flood :sunglasses:

Over the night there were some conflicts where some protesters attempted to seize police weapons and injure officers. So the police have responded accordingly, they now have helmets and batons. And they have definitely become more aggressive in seizing ground. The protesters have been split into groups, and this will reduce the possibility of any crowd of protesters out-numbering police.

Most of the big rigs have fled, the owners have finally realized that their main investment and source of income would be seized as a result of crime. Those trucks will be sold off and the money directed towards lawsuits against the protesters.

The police have formed lines, move forward ten meters/yards, stopped, secured the area, moved any vehicles away, then repeated. Line officers move forward, the tactical and bomb detection people then move in and secure the area.

Even now, any protesters have the ability to walk away, there is always a safe exit provided by the police.

1 Like