What do you do in heaven?

I know but isnt it fun? 6am with a bad back and poking trolls is just the best way to relieve my agony…as there seems to be a dearth of our right wing govts supporters or monoculist christians to rape and pillage.

No. But that’s probably because I’m a sour old cunt who doesn’t suffer fools.
I enjoy wit, but this one has shown he doesn’t have one. He’s boring ,so I can’t be bothered.

The problem with a question like this is you don’t define “heaven”. My default is to assume the classic Christian understanding but even this is difficult to define because every Christian denomination has a different understanding. In my travels I’ve come to the conclusion that this idea of heaven and hell as places that separate the good and the bad, with purgatory reserved for the in betweeners is a misnomer; and in my opinion one of the downfalls of the Catholic beliefs. In many major religions the concept of heaven is more a state of being. According to some orthodox christian faiths, all people go to the same “place”. What makes it good or bad is your personal perception of god himself. If you love him, then you will be happy to be there. If you hate him, then it will feel like hell. I actually like this idea because it seems to at least follow some logic and consistency within the religion (unlike the idea that a benevolent god would punish anybody).

As far as what would we do while we were there? I’d love to know! But from what is described in the Bible at least for angels is that they spend eternity in perfect unison with god. I guess it doesn’t really matter what you are “doing” as much as how you are feeling there.
Another idea would be that we would go to an Eden like place and live in a way similar to Adam and Eve, just with more knowledge of good and evil this time.

I never did understand why the Catholic Church would lay so heavily on the idea that god would literally burn you in hell for not believing in him. Like I mentioned earlier it seems really inconsistent with their fundamental definition of a benevolent and perfectly loving god. Idk.

1 Like

Nuclear white draft sun??? Huh? What the hell is THAT??? :confused::confused::confused:… Although, you have to admit it would be an AWESOME name for beer! :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t find that hard to understand. They obviously want to terrify people into following their religion. They created a monstrous threat with them as the only ones who can save you. It gives them power over people. It’s not just catholics, lots of christian sects emphasize the threat of hell. I think the majority of christians believe in the fire and brimstone hell.

3 Likes

My entire childhood and later into my adult years I was always taught/told that you go to heaven and spend ETERNITY walking on STREETS OF GOLD while forever singing the praises of God Our Lord! Hallelujah! Praise the LORD and pass the cornbread! FOREVER and ever, AMEN!:innocent::innocent::innocent: One: I always HATED having to sing. Two: What was so special about streets made of gold if it was better to be poor on Earth? Three: As a kid, that sounded like ZERO fun to me, so how the HELL could that be considered Paradise? As an understatement, none of it ever made any sense to me.

Then … NO ONE FUCKING KNOWS. It’s just that damn simple. With that said. There is actual evidence for the non-existence of god. It is verifiable, historical, and even measurable.

When a claim is made, we must look for facts and evidence to support the claim. If I tell you that there is a dead body in my closet. That is a claim. So we go to the closet and we look inside. We find, no dead body and no evidence at all to suggest that a dead body was ever in the closet. Perhaps we find a hair, but the hair could have come from anyone’s head. No reason to assume it was from a dead body, no matter how insistant the person is that it belonged to the dead body.

In fact. when evidence is expected, and not forth coming, it is evidence against the claim. When it comes to God and gods, we have 6,000 years of empty clostes and tens of thousands of dead gods that we have been looking for, without any evidence at all, in those clostets. The facts add up to and support the argument for, the non-existance of God or gods. That is what all the FACTS say. If you believe the facts, you can be pretty certain that no god or God exists. However, 100% certainty is not possible. The universe is a big place.

2 Likes

Well, welcome to the most boring fucking conversation of all time.

Why is so wrong to ask for a simple conversation without the caveats of logical argument being thrown in.

Yes, theist cannot prove their notions, they cannot even form a coherent logical argument without invoking various fallacies… we’ve seen it a million times.

Like wise, we (atheists) have to tread some ridiculous fucking line where we have to state “we’re not convinced by the proposition” again, because of sodding logical argument.

Why is it so unreasonable to have an adult conversation?

I’m more interested in why someone believes or disbelives, how did they come to that conclusion? What would shake their doubts or beliefs?

Fuck, no wonder I rarely come on here.

1 Like

It’s like the “Tiger & the Donkey” argument. At some point you realize you’re arguing with a complete idiot and you have to walk away. Most Theists will argue, evade, lie, and deflect on their side of the argument without giving a shred of evidence to back up their claims. I’ve argued until I’m blue in the face. So I ask myself “At what point am I wasting my time with them?”

The donkey told the tiger:

′′The grass is blue".

The tiger replied:

′′No, the grass is green".

The discussion became heated up, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, and to do so they approached the lion, King of the Jungle.

Before reaching the clearing in the forest where the lion was sitting on his throne, the donkey started screaming:

′′Your Highness, is it true that grass is blue?".

The lion replied:

"True, the grass is blue".

The donkey rushed forward and continued:

′′The tiger disagrees with me and contradicts me and annoys me please punish him".

The king then declared:

′′The tiger will be punished with 5 years of silence".

The donkey jumped for joy and went on his way, content and repeating:

′′The grass is blue"…

The tiger accepted his punishment, but he asked the lion:

′′Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the grass is green?"

The lion replied:

′′In fact, the grass is green".

The tiger asked:

′′So why do you punish me?"

The lion replied:

′′That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green. The punishment is because it is not possible for a brave, intelligent creature like you to waste time arguing with a donkey, and on top of that to come and bother me with that question".

Facts don’t care about your fucking feelings. It seems like a lot of people let their feelings rule over their own lives, not the facts. Then, for some reason, they feel compelled to push their own beliefs onto anyone that doesn’t measure up in their opinion.
Do the world a favor, and mind your own fucking business, especially when it comes to the subject of religion.
There is ZERO evidence that any god/gods exist. I wish every theist that comes onto this forum could read this and realize that they’re wasting everyone’s time when they come on here and try to make us believe otherwise.

I have another story to tell! Nice!

@Cognostic I wanna hear your story. Pleeeeaaaassssse? :heart_eyes:

From MrDawn: @Cognostic I wanna hear your story. Pleeeeaaaassssse?

Oh-dear-god… (cringe)… Ummmm… Careful what you ask for, MrDawn. He might actually tell you. And, frankly, I will NOT chip in to help pay for your therapy if he does. Just so you know…

1 Like

I meant, I was going to steal your story and use it. I give you credit the first three times I use it and then it is mine,.

1 Like

I think that is a great investment. As long as it pays for my protection. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

When I was around 12-13 I asked that exact question and I got the serious reply of the animals “Talk to you” like humans you can understand their language. (My religious grandmother who new i liked animals)
This is strange because it tells me she didn’t know the answer she just responded with something she thought I might like I “Assume” or she actually believed that who knows. It was very odd though and not convincing. I also got told the streets were gold and you’d love it there and get to talk to your loved ones forever. The longer I considered it the more unpleasant it sounded. I don’t know what it’d do i don’t have connections to my dead family members and most of them are creepy so no thanks.

This is where I latch on with a difficult question for theists. If my dearest loved one went to hell and I went to heaven, how could I be happy?

The only alternate explanation is that

1. god either created a golum/robot that mimics my lost love. Thus this god is deceitful and a liar
  2. the rules for access to heaven are not as stated (for example, there is no hell). Reference the liar
  3. god wipes my mind of any memories, thus leading directly into the question of free will
    or …
  4. there is no god

What do you do in heaven?

I just sit around and play with my belly button lint. Sometimes I pick my toenails. I have shaved my legs once or twice. And when god in not looking, I give myself a yank.

Just because god is not looking directly does not mean he’s not recording to view later. Surveillance cameras, dude. Duh! This is the 21st Century. You think god doesn’t have the latest hi-tech camera systems? Geeeeeez!.. You’re SO naive! :roll_eyes:

Fucking pervert! But then I already knew that… What other being will stand around watching priests sodomize children and do nothing at all about it. That god fucker is a pervert tothe max.