What are you listening to right now?

My wife, listing my shortcomings. This is the extended play version.

1 Like

A Fine Day To Die by WATAIN(cover of a BATHORY song).

Ahh, caught me again in the early morning. I have just finished organizing and editing all the student writing projects. ‘The Importance of Recycling.’ ‘My Last Summer Vacation.’ ‘A Letter to a Friend.’ ‘Why Traveling Abroad is Important.’ and ‘What Made Soccer So Popular?’ (Not individual papers, class projects.) The stack of papers on my desk is an inch thick. You caught me just as I was leaning back in the chair, reaching for the coffee cup.

The coffee has gone cold, It’s sweet instant, so I will drink it anyway. I am too relaxed to walk down the stairs to the kitchen and fix another cup. Hey! Someone just came in the front door. Sounds like one of the bus drivers. They do clean up in the morning. I heard the electric sliding door open. (Uggghh.) This coffee is terrible. It needs to be warmed.

So what do I hear. Silence interrupted by a passing car. Whoever is downstairs is moving objects occasionally and making little pumping noises. There is an ionizer running someplace and I can hear its buzz. These are the peaceful hours of the morning when I can get my work done. The peaceful hours before all the chaos begins. I am ready for the day.

Musical Chairs by Fair to Midland.

Before the Cataclysm by WATAIN.

Waters of Ain by WATAIN.

1 Like

The Funeral Smell by NORDJEVEL.

“Sting and the Police.” Heh.

Because bitter squabbles and fistfights.

A Hidden Ceremony of Blood and Flesh by INQUISITION.

Kids running up and down the hallway, screaming and yelling. It’s between classes.

1 Like

Captain Cat insisting that his belly is touching his backbone…despite being handfed not two hours ago,

1 Like

Infinity is the Aeon of Satan by INQUISITION.

Computer fans and clicking from my keyboard.

He Who Breeds Pestilence from BEHEMOTH.

Under a Serpent Sun by AT THE GATES.

Captain Cat contentedly snore/purring as he lies completely relaxed on my lap. I can feel my blood pressure dropping…

3 Likes

If I may ask, how old is Captain Cat?

1 Like

He tells me he is over 20,000 years old in many incarnations…but in our years just coming up 8.
He does like to bullshit…

3 Likes

LOL, I’m sitting at my desk, listening to an English teacher ask the kids…
What does a bird do? The answers that were coming into my head … Shit worms!
Just happened to be at the same time I read this, so I thought I would share.

1 Like