This is out of control

I don’t know how that can be solved. Maybe term limits would be helpful. The problem is the people in power are unlikely to vote for term limits since they want to hang on to that power. Very frustrating. Trump supporters are making an issue of Biden’s age while failing to acknowledge that Trump is only 4 years younger.

Oh, yeah, women can be as bad as men. I was just pointing out that women hadn’t really obtained an equal status in the U.S. Women on the U.S. supreme court is a recent addition, but it hasn’t guaranteed the protection of women’s rights. Women against women’s rights is bizarre, and firmly tied to the illogical nature of religion.

1 Like

Some things, is two words, and are you ever going to actually debate, or are vapplatitudes all we can expect? lets try and see if we can’t raise the bar from meaningless claims here:

1. What are you asserting isn’t (meant) to be controlled?
  2. What do you even mean by “meant to be” controlled, or did you mean can’t be controlled? If so explain why you think this?
  3. Who decides what is “meant to be” controlled, and why?
  4. Explain why your claim offers any insight in the context of this thread?

Maybe you can go beyond bare meaningless assertions, and contribute to debate?

Yet another out of control item. This is just so very discouraging. I could post a dozen a day of this sort of crap.

2 Likes

Some southern states are starting to backtrack on some of the renaming of public institutions that took place a few years ago. The latest example of this is a school district in Virginia that voted to rename two high schools back to Robert E. Lee High School and Stonewall Jackson High School. The names of these schools were changed only a few years ago because they honored Confederate generals.

Playing the “it’s our heritage” card, this trend is only going to snowball if Trump is elected again. I wonder what “heritage” they’re honoring? Treason? Slavery? Losing?

1 Like

White.

20 characters

2 Likes

So America is retreating to the dark ages. Just another reason I won’t be visiting unless extradited!

Mind you, I’m not sure I’d choose to live here either, so…

UK Atheist

1 Like

Just stay away from the redneck Southern states and you’ll be fine. New England, in particular, has the lowest percentage of religious types in the country.

Never been in the deep south, so I don’t have any “praying for you”-experience there. But I’ve been “praying for you”-exposed in California, Colorado, Illinois, and New York.

1 Like

Although I would love to visit NASA etc. as well as some of the sights like The Grand Canyon, I have deep philosophical issues, ones that play into my view that, despite similarities in language, we Brits are far more like the other Europeans than the US. Religion is just one of them.

UK Atheist

1 Like

I 100% agree with Missouri government. I think children should not be birthed without vows to help the child. The whole world is in decay because of not following christian values.

You’re an absolute Loon!

6 Likes

I hope this is satire, because if it isn’t, you’re in for a hard ride.

Not least because, oh wait,we have peer reviewed academic papers demonstrating that robustly secular societies are far better places to live than religion infected shit holes. This paper (freely downloadable from the journal) being a case in point.

From that paper:

You’re wrong, it is a well evidenced facts that children can and do thrive among unmarried parents, and with just one parent, the determining factor is the parent or parents skills at parenting.

I don’t believe you, please desaturate some objective evidence to support this claim, as it seems like a circular reasoning fallacy to me. You also appear to be preaching in multiple threads, are you going to debate anything?

3 Likes

Child Abuse: Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them. (Proverbs 13:24,)

The first children, Adam and Eve, disobeyed life or death rules and were banished from the family home.

Their children were Cain and Abel. Cain slew Abel in a jealous rage and then lied about it to God. What does God do? “I will put enmity between your children and the children of the serpent.”

God is disgusted with his handiwork and destroys everyone but Noah’s family. Noah the drunk gets smashed and his youngest son sees him naked. His two older brothers cover their father and Noah curses his innocent grandson.

Abram goes to Egypt because of drought. Since his wife is very beautiful, he has her tell everyone that she is his sister, not his wife. He ‘sells’ her to the pharaoh; who gives him LOTS of presents until he finds out she is his wife. Then Abraham takes a concubine on his wife’s advice and has a child.

Lot winds up in Sodom. When angels visit and the men of the town want to molest the angels, Lot offers them his virgin daughters instead.

Abraham and Sarah have Isaac when Abraham is 100 and Sarah around 87. When Sarah dies, Abraham sends one of his servants to his brother’s family to get Isaac a wife to comfort him on the loss of his mother.

After Sarah’s death, Abraham marries a second (third) wife and has six children.

He does not give any of these children part of the inheritance, only cash settlements while alive and sends them eastward. Abraham dies at 175 years of age. Isaac and Ishmael then bury him. Only Isaac inherits. Ishmael goes on to father the Arabs. Isaac fathers the Jews. They have been fighting for millennia over the inheritance ever since.

WE Need Christian Values!

“When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do.

Just imagine not being able to sell my daughters into slavery. How in the hell am I supposed to pay for my new Harley? This guy can’t be serious!

1 Like

@Cognostic is correct. You’re insane and if it there is one thing that I’ve learned is that religion and insanity do not mix.

1 Like

Well, you were quoting Old Testament stuff, which is technically speaking pre-christian teachings, not christian as such. Therefore they dismiss it as irrelevant. At least, that’s how christians almost invariably counter and defend that stuff whenever I use those arguments. In reality, it’s just pə-ˈtā-(ˌ)tō vs. pəˈteɪtəʊ.

MY BAD —
** Leave your family for the LORD… Abandon them in his name…
“And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel’s, but he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.”(Mark 10:29-30, Luke 18:29-30, and Matthew 19:29).

Good ole New Testament Values - Betray your family…
“And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.”(Matthew 10:21, Mark 13:12, and Luke 21:16).

To hell with family obligations… ‘Let the dead bury the dead!’
Jesus’ selfish demands to potential followers in “And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”(Luke 9:59-62 and Matthew 8:21- 22).

“If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.”(Luke 14:26----the Greek ‘miseo’ translated ‘hate’ means ‘detest’, ‘despise’, and ‘abhor’).

“Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”(Matthew 10:34-37 and Luke 12:51-53)

To hell with your family… service the Lord Jesus.
The importance of family to Jesus is revealed in his rejection of his own immediate family in “…they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee. And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren? And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.”(Mark 3:31-35, Matthew 12:46-50, and Luke 8:19- 21).

Yeah! What we really need are good Christian family values…

Did I do better this time!

3 Likes

Yes. Good chimp.

20 chars.

Isn’t it obvious by now that based on his posting history @Prycejosh1987 is doing a Gish Gallop?

Those of you with more free time than me can continue to engage with him, but I’m stepping back and just watching the show.

1 Like

Yes, that’s all he did right up until the mods banned him.