The "morality police"

That is such a cringey concept to start with. For years they’ve tried to convince us that muslim women don’t object to a hijab and want to wear it. Well guess what, a lot of Iranian women seem to object. It’s just another way of controlling women. A woman died in the custody of the morality police after being arrested for not wearing a hijab properly. I’ve never heard a less plausible excuse for killing another human being than “I didn’t like the way she wore her scarf”. Religion makes people so nutty they value the placement of a scarf over a young woman’s life. The government is violently cracking down on the protest over this, but it really puts a break on their claims that women are thrilled to wear a hijab and that such requirements for how women dress is harmless. Kudos to the reporter Amanpour for refusing the demand to wear a scarf for her interview with the Iranian president.

3 Likes

She did what!!! That bitch,. How dare she! Even our own bible tells us "Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, …’ [1 Timothy 2:9]

Do not let your adorning be external [1 Peter 3.3]

Let’s face it, the Muslems don’t get a whole lot right but when they are right, “They Are Right.” Even our own bible says so!

…with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head. For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man. For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. …1.Corinthians 11:5

The whole fucking purpose of a woman’s head is to be covered. We all know that: “But if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering.” 1 Corinthians 11:15

3 Likes

Holy Christ on a buttered cracker! The NERVE of some women nowadays! What the hell is this world coming to? Females running around thinking they can dress any ol’ way they want? Refusing to cover their head and face when ordered to do so by a man? Fuck… Keep this shit up, and the next thing you know they will be demanding to be allowed to vote, and drive cars, and work for the same pay as men get! These females be gettin’ all out of control lately. Who the hell let them put on shoes and escape the kitchen without being pregnant? Hope that idiot got fired!

Oh I know. You let us women show our faces and the next thing you know we want to show our hair. Where does it end? How can we possibly expect men to control themselves? It’s not like men should take responsibility for their own actions or anything that unreasonable.
Thanks for the bible quotes (always makes my day) but I do cross paths with enough women with the stringy, long haired Pentecostal look to be reminded that christians can have a weird obsession with hair too. I’ve had short hair since I was a pre teen, but in the last year I’ve been getting it cut very short. I have a physical job cleaning apartments that are often very hot and It’s just way cooler and one less expense or thing to mess with. I was astounded by the amount of grief I got. I’m happy to say the people I work with have mostly gotten used to it…or given up on me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: .
One of the many things I’ve always found confusing about christians was the often insistence of short hair for men coupled with a long haired depiction of jesus. If jesus showed up at a Trump rally I’m sure someone would insult his hair.

2 Likes

FINALLY! A female who actually understands LOGIC and common sense! You are absolutely correct. It IS totally unreasonable to expect men to control their instinctive primal urges bestowed upon them BY THE LORD, especially when the women are all running around exposing their hair and face out in public. Oh, and if that ain’t bad enough, what about those women who even go so far as to show their BARE FEET in public? LORD HAVE MERCY! How can ANY true god-fearing adult man be expected to resist such blatantly unadultrated temptation? Women like that are obviously BEGGING to be attacked. Thank you for being brave enough to step up and be a voice of reason.

Resistance is futile - we all know who’s behind the blandishments of the females!

I figured it out after seeing Elizabeth Shue in some movie circa 1984; each man has his Awakening to Agents of Devil moment.

2 Likes

Take heart! The earliest depictions of jesus show him with short hair and beardless. Archeologists working part of thegroup believe that this is the [earliest depiction of Jesus Christ] Coins and ceramic items found at the site appear to confirm that they coincided with the rule of Constantine, Rome’s first Christian emperor, who ruled from 306 to 337. (Clean-shaven Jesus found on 4th-century glass plate | Spain | The Guardian).
JESUS
JESUS 2

It’s even better…

Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him. 1 Corinthians 11;14

You can find anything in the Bible if you look for it.

1 Like

Silly me. How could I forget how contradictory the book containing the “word of god” is? I haven’t found anything to justify my short hair yet though. I know the old school nuns used to cut theirs off. I wonder what their excuse was?

1 Like

Probably because it was just out of habit. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: Geeez, I crack myself up sometimes. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

(Edited for shits and giggles.)

2 Likes

It’s hard science that nuns and postulants cut their strands short to make it harder to leave the convent and rejoin normal person society.

I mean, the Pat Benatar look is now only for women named Debbie or Ruthanne who yell at the Starbucks barista because their mochiato doesn’t have enough foam.

It’s like a prison tear tat - once you marked and in the life, you in for life, y’all.

Facts.

1 Like

A Google search for “why do nuns cut their hair short” offers many explanations, but no one definitive answer.

I wonder if they wax or trim their cough cough nether hairy regions?

It’s an option to cover that decreases one’s self. It is not the head that is sinful but the hair.

1 Corinthians 11:5,6
5 but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. 6 For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head.

1 Corinthians 11:15
but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering.

…14 Doesn’t nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given( [to her] [as] a covering.16 If anyone is inclined to dispute this, we have no other practice, nor do the churches of God.…

If it is her glory, it is an adornment. Like gold or silver and so it is best removed.

If you want help removing your hair… just let me know.

Hmmm…Wax on…whacks off….

Edit for truth

3 Likes

That’s just sick. I will give you credit 3 times before I steal it for my own.

2 Likes

Edit(edit)

1 Like

I think this has to do with patriarch and authority, and we try to fob it off on religion to externalize blame for it. I’m horrified by the killing of Mahsa Amini, and dismayed by the crackdown on the protests in Iran. However, this should make us think about how we treat women even in the Enlightened West, not just make us vent our hatred for Muslims.

Our moral complacency is glaring, considering our atheist nabobs are forever making snide comments about women, or in the case of Dawkins, calling them out for daring to tell men to be more responsible. We have endless debates about the burqa or abortion, but we don’t mind hearing people deride feminists. We like to score anti-religion points but aren’t really dedicated to women’s empowerment.

I think we should have qualms about going all-in with the anti-Muslim rhetoric, because it seems like these incidents always get exploited to fuel right-wing vendettas. I’m not naïve enough to deny that the fact that this took place in Iran, long a target of Western geopolitical ire, accounts in no small part for the amount of attention the Western media are bestowing upon this incident.

1 Like

No, we should All, all of us, call out and expose misogynist and discriminatory behaviour EVERYWHERE.
Whether it be “left”, “right”, religious or just plain ignorant.
There is no excuse for discrimination on the basis of sex or race (perceived) or any religious edict. Calling it out is like putting a light on a cockroach infested kitchen, it causes the perpetrators to scuttle away and tweet from their dark corners.

Be brave. Do it.

5 Likes

Yes, and while we are thinking about it, we need to recognize the Grand Canyon of difference between deriding feminists and outright murder. Moral complacency includes making excuses for dialing back anti-Muslim rhetoric for the fear of feeding some right-wing fanatics, who in large part will find enough red meat on their own, AND overlooking feminist-focused derision.
Anyone who knows who Mohammad Mosadegh was, should at least partially understand the geopolitical environment in Iran, and the complicity of the United States in the regression of the culture there.
Indeed we have to recognize injustices wherever they exist, especially when they are promulgated by powerful organizations such as the religious.

Edit: It’s a man’s world

2 Likes

I was just making the point that we should have women’s empowerment at the forefront of our motivations here, not anti-Muslim bigotry. You might not care if your rhetoric resembles that of right-wing loonies, but some of us do.

I think we all forget what the hijab was originally for.

In antiquity (and sometimes today) women were routinely kidnapped by rival tribes for a life of sexual servitude as either a prostitute, household slave, concubine, or an extra wife.

Modest covering and male company when leaving the home were measures intended to prevent such things from happening.