Sexist comments

“Permissible” by definition, suggests law (rules). I’ve asked (although not yet received an answer) if there is such a rule/law.

As I wrote earlier, I don’t give a shit if you behave contrary to your own demonstrated opinion.

Additionally, please advise if you’ve any intention of answering MY questions. It appears you don’t, but your admission of your intention not to do so will free me up from spending any amount of energy in hope.

@CyberLN

Do you think it is permissible to take this conversation public?

@CyberLN @Nyarlathotep I wish to educate you guys on how we Canadians do things. Be aware that Atheist Republic is an international forum, is owned by a Canadian, and at present, the two Admins are Canadian.

Most often than not, we do adhere to the law respectfully. But we are not “a nation of laws” where everyone is a practicing lawyer. Every situation is unique, and although the laws are referenced, common sense does have a big play in how we conduct ourselves.

Here is an example. Canadian cops do practice “Serve and Protect”. Take note, it is not “Enforce and Punish”. Toronto is a major population center, and immediately north of Toronto is a myriad of lakes, we call it “cottage country”. And each Friday afternoon scores of families load up and drive out of Toronto to get to their cottage for the weekend. Make no mistake, they are in a rush to get out of the city and to their cottages. There is a major expressway that leads straight north. And the average traffic flows at 80 MPH on a road where the posted speed limit is 60 MPH. And the cops just stand by and watch.

They are not there to enforce and punish but serve and protect. It is daylight, everyone is a respectable citizen and sober. To begin to enforce the speed limit would introduce chaos, increasing the possibility of accidents.

So the cops toss the rule book out the window because it is common sense, to enforce the speed limit is not in the public interest and increases the risk of accidents.

Here is another example. Note what happens at 5:20.

Or

As I said before, I got the answer to my question a while back:

Anyway, I got an idea to resolve this whole issue and we can all get what we want:

I propose a rule is posted by staff threatening consequences for ANY misogynistic content. Then I create a new thread with a carefully crafted extremely misogynist attack on Whitefire (or anyone else of your choice, but someone who is a confidant). An attack which I will create that is >90% composed of snippets of Mr.Macbre (or whatever, both his accounts) past statements (I’m willing to submit it secretly for pre-approval from staff, if you so want). I’ll plagiarize him by making them look like my statements. You can put it entirely on my head, I won’t say another word. Then you guys ban me and do whatever.

You get: rid of the vicious asshole (me!), without having to answer any hard questions about recent staff hypocrisy; or having to make “being an asshole” against the rules.

I get: to know that the staff I picked will hopefully take action in the future against misogyny, instead of up-voting it.

I think it is a bargain; for all parties.

Many years ago, I was asked to take on the role of chat room mod. Some time after that, I requested Nyar be granted that role as well. Due to a myriad of chronic illnesses, I eventually simply hadn’t the energy to participate and Nyar asked the two of you to help.
(Does this make me an admin grammy? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

This whole affair reminds me of those years I was raising my children. As they grew, they started stretching and pushed back on my guidances. It was an ineluctable result of that relationship. Should it be so for these relationships as well?

The AR chat rooms are substantially different from when I joined all those years ago. C’est la vie, or, it seems currently, c’est la guerre. At least Kenny is no longer around!

It also seems that the role of admin/mod now has a nationally!

So…to respond to Nyar’s suggestion, I don’t find it a bargain for him to leave. He’s committed many, many years to AR. Some of the good AR has in it is because of him. IMO, that earns him my respect. Doesn’t it yours?

@Nyarlathotep

Consider yourself on a 3 month silence period. A time away and to take a break.

You are being unnecessarily aggressive to staff and still obsessed with @mr.macabre13

Feel free to post Oct 1, 2022

@CyberLN it saddens me that all of this shit went down.

But White and I are different people than you and Nyar. We attempt to mimic your actions, but we do things differently. And it appears that one difference is that we lean more towards common sense as driving our decisions, not a compendium of hard rules that need to be negotiated.

Rules I consider a guideline, valuable, yes. But not the end all of everything. In the end one must assess the entire situation and consider if anyone was harmed, and whether it was justified or unnecessary.

Rules can be embraced, and rules can be discarded if they are not productive to the solution.

And I am a very independent person who will break a rule if it does not make sense. If not, I would still be a meek theist.

Nyar had my respect, but his unhealthy obsession in harming mr.mcabre for past infractions really made my head spin. He appears incapable of letting go, and bending. Mr.macabre obviously will never apologize, but so what? Is that such a slight to anyone’s ego? The important thing is that he has rehabilitated his comments. That is all that matters.

But anything to do with this discussed issue is a closed topic.

I think a little more needs to be said, specifically I’d like to address taxonomy stuff, to help in communication:

1. No one in this private message is a forum admin.
  2. There is no such thing as admin chat (at least as far as I know).
  3. There is a mod chat, but this isn’t it.
  4. This is a private chat, started by me.
    https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/main/docs/ADMIN-QUICK-START-GUIDE.md

Staff members are official representatives of this community. There are two kinds of Staff:

• Admins, who can do anything and configure anything on this site.
  • Moderators, who can edit all posts and users, but cannot add categories or change any site settings.

from the source code (and server):

silence_explanation: “A silenced user can’t post or start topics.”

Silenced users are prevented from creating new topics, posts, flags, or PMs on the site. They are still able to complete other actions, such as “liking” posts, reading topics, replying to PMs, etc. Additionally, they can communicate with moderators via PM, so you can continue to communicate with them to try and address the behavior.

Suspended users are prevented from logging in, and thus from completing any actions on the forums. A suspension is the strongest possible recourse you have for a user and should be used sparingly. Like silencing, suspending a user is done from the user’s Admin page. Like silencing, suspensions are for a specific period of time. You may want to suspend the user for a short period of time first, and if the user returns and continues the behavior, increase the suspension time.

There is a BIG difference between being silenced, and being suspended. I was told silenced, if you misspoke and meant suspended; you need to say something.

Silence. If status could be changed it would have been “silenced”.

So are you saying that if I want to continue to discuss this matter with Nyar, I’m not ‘supposed to’?

@CyberLN You are not a moderator.

You are only one because the techies haven’t changed the status.

Please respect the silence period.

Off this forum - personal emails :woman_shrugging:t2: that’s up to you two.

This is a PM string. Are you suggesting that I cannot have the freedom of speech in a PM?

Help me understand when and how I was terminated from moderator status?

1 Like

Silence isn’t a status an account can have. Does that mean I can’t post audio clips? Silenced is a defined state. Suspended is. Banned is. I can pretend to have those states because the software defines those. I’ll consider myself silenced until you tell me to adopt a different status defined by the system software. It tells me what I am allowed to do and what I’m not.

Sorry, I refuse behave as if I am suspended, if you won’t say the word. If you want to suspend me, you have say the word “suspended”.

Fine - suspend. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Whatever the system had allowed for “silenced” members.

If you need suspend. Take it.

1 Like

Yes it has. When the system silences users, they can send messages, I just quoted you that from the manual, remember?

THANKYOU, I will see you in 3 months.

1 Like