Proof Qualification Validity (question for atheists)

Welcome, BTW!

Reading the posts to this point, I have to say when I came across this, it reminded me of that childhood story of the “Emperor Had No Clothes”. Going from memory, he was “sold” his fine clothing because only insert specialness people could “see” it. Sad thing is, in the story, when the child pointed out he was naked, everyone understood they had been conned. In real life, the attachment to insert specialness to “see” the imaginative, invisible god of choice is soooo strong, that when it is pointed out that it’s a con, theists of all sorts defend vehemently their invisible clothing.

Back to this point specifically. What a broad and unspecific statement. Humanity can “perceive” through technology what is “invisible” to our eyes.
Do you allow “your brain :brain: “ to read up on why science (in all fields) come to their conclusions? The various competing papers and peer reviews and experiments? OR do you spend your time in your “imagination”? No judgement - I love mind-candy - however I ground myself in reality.

Nope. YOU use your imagination to create your form of god (or allow your mind to accept someone else’s imaginative concepts) THEN you put “faith” in the un-evidenced idea of your imagination.

It is a far fetched argument. WOW and so “simply” stated. “Energy” is measured in all types of forms. Quarks, electrons, photons - moving up to various “combinations” of elements, the most common throughout the universe is Hydrogen. This combines with other elements, and forms chemicals, H2O for example. Now we have a molecule (a group of atoms bonded together, representing the smallest fundamental unit of a chemical compound that can take part in a chemical reaction). Hmmmm. Water :sweat_drops:. “Wetness” is an emergent quality of this particular form of “energy”. Just like “consciousness” is an emergent form of our biological form of combined molecules. Where does “wetness” go when it is followed back to its original form of “energy”? It just ceases to be “emergent”, BECAUSE the particular combination of atoms are no longer “combined”.

I’m no physicist :woman_scientist:- however I can google.

Perhaps you should re-think about what you are implying and there is no evidence for this “imaginative” term, soul.

Evolution supports creatardism? That is really farcical.

Then for fucks sake WRITE CLEARLY.

I’ve replied with quotes to every one of your moronic dribbles.

This is a debate forum sunshine. Go suck your butthurt under the stairs.
Better still try and make a cogent, well written post that actually makes some fucking sense. Numpty.

It’s question of rationality is dependent on your outlook on it in the first place. An invisible god, yeah. Apparently it’s irrational because you can’t see it, yet if we could see something people call God, they would probably say its impossible that would be God. Something that created the universe out of will, and you wish to see it to believe it? Dumb as hell. Let’s just admit we CANT know, and the only thing irrational is your certainty that this universe happened as an accident. I wouldn’t ever want to be your tour guide because your blind as a fucking bat. What would God look like if they weren’t invisible anyway? The definition of “God” itself is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent.

Evolution can certainly be intelligent design, especially because DNA is ones and zeros.

So what? How does this make your shy invisible God rational? You have not even attempted to layout a complete description of your invisible God and only make grand and eloquent but largely meaningless descriptions.

“But for an old man, you’re quite annoying”. You’re absolutely right there about Old Man, he often riles visiting theists because of his relentless pounding of the irrational and ditzy things they say. I love him for that. And it makes me jealous too, cause I’m older than him.

Now you still haven’t answered my question about how you first got to know about this invisible god.
Marvelling at the sky and the trees and the birdees is not a guaranteed path to knowledge of the divine. I took that path (I still do it everyday) and all I ever see is the power of nature, which makes it every bit more astounding, because I don’t see it as having been planned or as the result of directed intention. Raw nature is far more exciting than hand made furniture, if you get my drift. I understand that you bestow the god’s existence in nature but you dont say it was the reason that made you suddenly believe.
So, seriously, did you get some revelation of some sort, did the Holy Spirit enter you? Did you experience some sort of transcendent epiphany that drained you of all disbelief and leave you in an ecstasy so that you were filled with understanding of the existence of this invisible god? Perhaps someone told you about this god or did you grow up with the knowledge of it from your parents and family?

1 Like

WTF???
No one can provide any evidence at all for the existence of a god, therefore, faith is rational. (HE IS MYSTERIOUSW?) Did you miss the contradiction here??? Someone has been smoking banana peels and it is not me… So he is only seeking good hearts? Ha ha ha ha … The butchering, child killing, slavery endorsing, cannibalistic, murderous, genocidal, God of the Bible is looking for a few good hearts. GIVE ME A BREAK!

OMG :scream:. Isn’t YOUR certainty irrational? Re-read what you wrote.

“Something [and then you describe or give this “something” a ”will””. Isn’t that a human personality trait? Why are you ascribing “something invisible” NOT demonstrable a personality trait???

YES I wish to “see it” (more specifically, evidence for claims please) to believe it!!! Of course - should I just “believe” everything someone tells me? Is this what YOU do?

DUMB as hell is believing in anything thing that has no backing in reality (you know, this world in which we live AND interact with). There are all types of “claims” out there - how do you decide which ones are feasible?

When I don’t know something, I withhold belief until convinced.
“Can’t” is a strong descriptor. I rarely use it. Apparently these various types of invisible god figures or deities have the ability to “make themselves known” but don’t (how convenient).

your certainty that this universe happed as an accident.

Strawman much??? Exactly where has this been said? The universe “happening” WITHOUT a “will” (as you so put it) doesn’t mean “by accident”.

Here, let me help. The universe “happened” (we know because we live in it).

This is what we know.

Why would I try layout a description of God when all words would be used against me? Besides, God can only be defined as reality itself insomuch as a movement. But sadly, I can’t really ‘describe’ anything to you. God’s existence just makes sense. Want to keep making jokes about it? Go right ahead, God has a special place for ya bud.

What? I couldn’t hear you. Speak louder please

That’s a begging the question fallacy.

Hahahaha. Then learn to use “words” OR realize that “god” is part of your imagination…

BTW … you can’t hear …are you a child :baby:t3:

1 Like

This assertion would be equally true of any non existent thing.

1 Like

Then how do you know about it? Fucks sake…

Alright guys this was fun while it lasted, but I can see this is just a big atheist circle jerk.

You guys MIGHT be able to jerk each other off in hell too, but I’m not sure. You might be forced to suck each other’s cock, especially if you’re straight. I’ll have to ask God about that later.

Decaying bodies release energy.

I think you may have answered your own question.

If you can’t demonstrate any objective evidence for any deity then how do you know any exist?

What is your criteria for disbelief by the way, as I can’t think of anything that faith won’t validate?

Please prove this assertion. Just because you say god can not be proven, does not make it so.

Why not?

Black holes are just as mysterious and difficult to study as a god, yet through diligent effort we have been able to unwrap the mysteries of the black hole, even generate an image of one.

How do you locate something invisible? You study it’s effects on the surrounding environment.

In mythology and the supernatural world, a god has been blamed/atrributed to performing miracles, burning bushes, answering prayers, all kinds of stuff. This this god has interacted with this known universe, and those effects can lead us towards discovering a god.

But there has been serious studies on the effect of prayer, and it has proven to be less reliable than a coin flip. The “out-of-body” experience of near-death experiences have also been studied, and debunked.

Every time a serious study has examined the effects of a god, it has come up blank. Therefore I do not rule out the existence of a god, but the evidence indicates it does not exist.

@TheUniverseBruh You have made the claim there is a god, therefore the burden of proof lays at your feet. Prove it.

Lol!!! Your :brain: hurts??? Logical thinking is new to you, eh? Poor baby :baby_bottle:

Faith no more validates Jesus or Allah than it does Zeus or Apollo. So what deity are you claiming you have faith in, and how are you objectively determining this deity you’ve chosen is anymore real than the rest?

Logic? More like atheistic quibble. That’s ok, you’ll all go down the drain. Right where you belong =)

Well it is an atheist forum, so having a tantrum that your irrational faith based superstition is given proper critical scrutiny is rather juvenile.

Nonsense, its theist who do this, as you have done. You do know what rational means don’t you?

Well there you go, that’s a begging the question fallacy if ever there was one. So it is irrational by definition.