New guy who believes in God

When did I say that. Go back, read the posts and cite the source. You are proping up another straw man. I clearly told you that if you have any good evidence, I will believe. You have offered nothing but an assertion. “I don’t know, therefore god.” There is nothing imaginitive or creative about that. It is the end of creativity and the embracement of tradition. Creativity is in front of you in the great unknown, not in a stupic Iron Age mythological belief system.

Dreams are no more a byproduct of the brain than hearing is a byproduct of the ears or sight a byproduct of the eyes. Dreams are the way the brain works. They are generally agreed to be subjective expressions of emotional states. "Dream experience (DE) represents a fascinating condition linked to emotional processes and the human inner world.)

Why do you continue bashing your already flat head against the banana tree. We are in complete agreement. You believe your bullshit for no good reason at all. Thank you for sharing. It’s not my fault you want to kee sounding stupid. It’s your life.

2 Likes

And there is your problem. You ask stupid questions. This is called “begging the question.” Another fallacy. The word “why,” is an inquiry into purpose or reason for something to happen. What if there were no purpose or reason? What if you are simply the thing that emerged from the process accompyning the Big Bang. An emergent property of the Big Bang in the way hearing is an emergent property of ears. You do not get to attribute purpose or a reason to events that occur naturally. (Avoiding the equivocation fallacy you are sure to skip to, when I say “reason” I am not referencing causality, but rather, “a reason from some conscious being.” You do not get to ask why and then postulate a God until you have offered evidece for that god thing to actually exist.

Well, we have our firsst attribute,

I’d love to know how you came to that conclusion. Or are you just making another inane assertion. I’ll ignore the trinity bullshit for the purpose of STAYING FOCUSED on the fucking topic., Demonstrate that your god thing exists and share with us how in the f… you know he is eternal, a super powerful force.

God is eternal because infinity is eternal? Really? Are you that stupid? Can you demonstrate infinity is eternal? Infinity has not been measured in units or measurement. It is not a numbe of any kind. Perhaps you meant to say “Eternal.”

Why are you still ranting. No one has a problem with your illogically silly god belief. Most of the atheists on the site are in full agreement with you. You believe in your god thing for NO GOOD REASON AT ALL. If you had a good reason, we would have heard it by now. You don’t! We haven’t.

3 Likes

This guy is just a troll. A dishonest troll who does not want to actually discuss anything. He just want’s to make assertions and watch the reactions.

2 Likes

Which is THE fundamental problem with many theists.

The rational position is not to believe anything without sufficient evidence. Additionally, the proof must be proportional to the claim. That is the default. Eli has positioned himself where he claims he will change his position if god is proven not to exist.

4 Likes

Not just that. But ignoring demands for evidence when it’s asked of them on here. It’s always ignored and when they address the demand for evidence, they play dumb. “oh I uh, don’t know what kind of evidence you want or what evidence you’ll accept” and then they go into the old Creationism argument about how trees and the earth are evidence. Just one load of bullshit after the next. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Where did god come from?

Eli is no longer with us. Banished into the Netherworld where his digital soul with float around randomly for all eternity. It would seem his highly moral Christian values made him think he could make threats without consequences. Go figure… (shrugging shoulders)…

Anyway, to answer your question, our dearly departed Eli did provide me with an answer prior to his eviction. He told me, “God is eternal. He has ALWAYS been here.” I can’t imagine why he would lie about such a thing, so I’m guessing it must be true.

He thought he would be protected from being shafted. But alas his god did nothing to stop him from being smited by David. His god must have thought the lil shit deserved it.

laughing-mad-sweeney

1 Like

The Lord works in mysterious ways. :pray:

2 Likes

1 Like

That would explain why Eli’s “illegal Jesus” started dancing after his ban.

Bgf2

1 Like

Actually, that looks like the kind of Jesus I could hang with. Fire up the grill, put on some good tunes, a cooler full of cold beers, some good conversation. Hell yeah. Looks like he’d be down for that. (And if he doesn’t like the beer, he can feel free to change it to wine.)

1 Like

When quoting a verse like that you have to remember some historical context. In the time that was written Israel was a nation in which it was the law to follow God. Sin against God was taken very seriously.

On the contrary, Jesus changed things and says in the bible for Christians to love our enemies (Matthew 5:44). Loving enemies (including atheists) is a big part of the Christian faith, yes not all Christians succeed in doing that, but the Bible commands Christians to love our enemies.

Even if some Christians condescend on atheists (which according to the Bible they shouldn’t) there is WAY more discrimination against Christians by atheists than against atheists by Christians.

In just the last year (according to opendoorsusa,org)

Over 360 million Christians have been living in places where they experience high levels persecution and discrimination
5898 Christians have been killed for their faith
5110 churches and other Christian buildings attacked
4765 Believers detained without trial, arrested, sentenced or imprisoned

Welcome, @Cr2187. I hope your stay here is interesting and informative.

This statement, though, may rather turn out to be a lightning rod for calls for strong evidence with unobvious bias. Just a heads up.

1 Like

Welcome, Cr2187.

Ummmm… Wonderful “statistics” there. But, uh, you seem to have forgotten to add in there who committed those acts against Christians. You are aware, I’m sure, that there are other religions out there that consider themselves great enemies of Christianity. And while I do agree there may be a few idiot atheist zealots out there in the world, they are but a tiny little percentage. Because, speaking for myself, I honestly do not give a rat’s ass what you or anybody else chooses to worship. As long as you do not harm innocents or try to force your beliefs on me, a person has a right to worship (or not worship) however they choose. Nice to have you with us. You might want to buckle up, though. Your ride might be bumpy.

Bullshit. MATTHEW:

1. Those who fail to bear “good fruit” will be “hewn down, and cast into the fire.” [7:19]

2. The children of the kingdom [the Jews] shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." [8:12]

3. Jesus tells his disciples to keep away from the Gentiles and Samaritans and go only to the Israelites.

4. Cities that neither “receive” the disciples nor “hear” their words will be destroyed by God. It will be worse for them than for Sodom and Gomorrah. And you know what God supposedly did to those poor folks (see [Gen 19:24]. [10:14-15]

5. Families will be torn apart because of Jesus (this is one of the few “prophecies” in the Bible that has actually come true). “Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.” [10:21]

6. Jesus says that he has come to destroy families by making family members hate each other. He has “come not to send peace, but a sword.” [10:34-36]

7. Jesus condemns entire cities to dreadful deaths and to the eternal torment of hell because they didn’t care for his preaching. [11:20-24]

8. “He that is not with me is against me.” [12:30]

9. Jesus often called people names if they challenged him. One of his favorites was to call his adversaries a “generation of vipers.”

10. Jesus will send his angels to gather up “all that offend” and they “shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.” [13:41-42, 50]

1. Jesus condemns the Jews for being “the children of them which killed the prophets.”

LOVE? FORGIVENESS? MY FUCKING ASS! PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BUTT! The central teaching of Christianity is summed up best by …

Matthew 12:30 “He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.” This is completely evident in every word of Christian bigotry.
Take your dipshit bible quotes someplace else.

4 Likes

Now let’s deal with your dipshit comment from above: “Some Christians condescend, which according to the Bible they shouldn’t.”

WELL START WITH MARK:
Now lets look at this bullshit>>>> “According to the Bible which they shouldn’t.”

1. Jesus explains why he speaks in parables: to confuse people so they will go to hell.
    [4:11-12] How much more condescending can you get? Well, let’s find out.

2. “For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.” (Fuck You! Come and get my shit you condescending piece of garbage.) [4:25]

3. Any city that doesn’t “receive” the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. [6:11] “But we are not condescending.”

4. Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children as required by Old Testament law. (See [Ex.21:15], [Lev.20:9] [Dt.21:18-21] "I know I know, it the fucking Jews had gotten it right, Jesus would not have to be condescending. It’s the Jews fault.

5. God is like a rich man who owns a vineyard and rents it to poor farmers. When he sends servants to collect the rent, the tenants beat or kill them. So he sent his son to collect the rent, and they kill him too. Then the owner comes and kills the farmers and gives the vineyard to others. [12:1-9] (Just hold a gun to someone’s head, tell them to pay up or die, and then threaten to kill them when they fight back. How much more condescending can a person be.)

You are fucking delusional.

1. In the last days God will make things especially rough on pregnant women. [13:17]
    I suppose there is a special reason for this that is not “condescension.”

2. Ointment for Jesus’ head is more important than helping the poor. [14;3-7]
    ARE YOU GETTING THE HINT YET??? What is the word I am looking for… Oh yeah. Frigging 'fanboy."

LET’S JUMP FORWARD TO THE GOSPEL OF JOHN, SURELY HE IS NOT CONDESCENDING.

JOHN; THE CONDESCENDING BIGOT

1. The “wrath of God” is on all unbelievers. [3:36] Well fuck me, that’s not condescending, it’s just a Christian fact.

1. If you don’t believe in Jesus, you will “die in your sins” (and then go to hell). [8:24] Not condescending at all. Believe like I do or fucking die. That’s just normal Christian “LOVE.” Look asshole you had your chance, now die. (Not condescending at all.)
  2. “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father.” If you follow Jesus’ teachings, God will love you – otherwise… well, you know. [14:21] "No condescension intended, just part of the Christian worldview.

3. Those who do not believe in Jesus will be cast into a fire to be burned. [15:6]

4. Now that Jesus has come, non-believers have no excuse for not believing in him. [15:22] Condescending butthead! I haven’t seen him.

WELL, ONLY ONE GOSPEL LEFT SO LET’S GO THERE.
How condescending is the Gospel called LUKE?

Well fuck! He just repeats the condescending shit from the other gospels.

1. Jesus says that entire cities will be violently destroyed and the inhabitants “thrust down to hell” for not “receiving” his disciples. [10:10-15]

2. Jesus says, “He that is not with me is against me.” [11:23]

1. God is like a slave-owner who beats his slaves “with many stripes.” [12:46-47] But he would never be condescending.

THE TRUE CONDESCENSION OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH!

1. In the parable of the talents, Jesus says that God takes what is not rightly his, and reaps what he didn’t sow. The parable ends with the words: “bring them [those who preferred not to be ruled by him] hither, and slay them before me.” [19:12-27]

FUCK YOUR BIBLE VERSES! YOUR CONDESCENSION, AND YOUR INANE ASSERTIONS.

1 Like

I’ll just wait while all the atheists in political power, especially the USA :us: are held accountable for their horrible persecution of Christians. Not holding my breath while you try to find one :point_up:.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:… Aside from the appalling arrogance of that remark, the utter inaccuracy of it is beyond hysterical. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Sooo… I’m guessing during the Crusades it was perfectly fine and okay for entire Christian armies to go into other countries and kill many thousands of Muslims and any other non-Christians that happened to be in the area? And how many thousands of “heretics” and Pagans and “witches” were rounded up, horribly tortured, and put to agonizing death at the hands of loving and forgiving Christians during the Inquisition? Funny, but I do not recall any Atheist Armies during history nor in Modern Day. My personal guess is that if there were Christians killed by any atheists, it was more than likely in retaliation (or defense) for what the Christians (or Muslims, or Jews, or other religious cults) initially did to the atheists. Just my speculation there.

If @Cr2187 is from the U.S., perhaps the basis of the above assertion is that Christians as a group experience formal marginalization or informal scorn that bars them from the halls of power in government, the organization with the most power over all citizens…

“Nearly nine-in-ten members of Congress identify as Christian (88%)”

Shit. Well, that was my stab at helping you out, newbie.

2 Likes