New guy who believes in God

Ok this is a very honest answer and I respect it and like it.
This is kinda why I just wanna talk to you guys because I’d like to understand HOW you’re content with this choice.

It’s not a choice, I haven’t choosed this!

Howdy, Eli. Don’t let that bother you. Happens to me quite often for some reason. Glitch in the matrix or something. Anyway, the way I correct it is to edit my post. Click on the edit button. Put the cursor at the very beginning of your post and press “enter” a couple of times. Then put the cursor back to the top in the blank area. Then go back to the post you wanted to quote, highlight it, and click on “quote” again. It will put it back in your post. Then save the edit. (Sounds harder than it is. Not really difficult to do. Hope that helps.)

1 Like

Interesting.
So you mean you don’t even ask Why the universe came into being?
Like, you don’t care about this question basically?

I care because I’d like to know what we’re all doing here.

There is nothing that can not be believed on this very basis. I believe the flying spaghetti monster was the cause of the big bang based on “No proof for exestential questions.” I believe Tin Man created the universe based on “No proof of existential questions.” My beliefs are every bit as valid as yours. Your beliefs are useless and a waste of time.

The time to believe a claim is when it is supported by facts and evidence. You offer none, hence, there is no reason at all to believe your claim. Your claim is a theist apologetic that is as tired and worn out as the origins of theistic beliefs. It is fallacious. This has already been pointed out to you. You keep repeating the same crap. When your position has been shown to be fallacious,. it’s best to regroup and rethink your postion, not dig your heels in and look stupid.

Your assertion “God did it.” needs to be evidenced and not simply asserted. All you have done is make an assertion. Anyone can make an assertion. In fact, the flying spaghetti monster, and Blue universe creating bunnies, are more likely than your god thing. I can show you that bunnies and spaghetti are real.

1 Like

Ok this is very good but if you believe in the Santa clause then you’re not an atheist.
So, again, what’s your position?

My position allows me to fly and dream.
An atheist position restricts many things you require from others.
If you’re an atheist you’re not even supposed to give an opinion about dreams because they’re just a chemical process in the brain.
A lot of the language that we as believers use, is off-limits to you.

so, what’s your position?

That one is easy, metabolising chemicals!

1 Like

Love this and respect it. If you’d like we can open another thread at this point to talk about the differences in you and me from the consequences of this statement.

Any time you like.

Now that is a fallacious statement, you are wrongfully inferring a position without comprehending the extent of the position. As I said previously you would like to put us in a box where you think you have an upper hand. However, dreams as everything else in our brains is a product of biochemistry, so analysing the dream can lead you to real knowledge, nothing weird in that.

Hey man, I come to an atheist site so I have a few assumptions which I admit might be wrong depending on your convo here. So I am open to change and willing to look at things reasonably.
It’s this type of thinking which lead me to Why. Because I’m very good with HOW.
My profession is computers, programming and technology so I’m very good with how and processes.

Thanks for the chat and next time I will open that topic. I have to go for today and I’m glad I didn’t hit the post limit.
Hopefully I will return tomorrow or when I have time.
I’m working from home now so I don’t have to travel much but when you’re home they make you do more work cos you’re home and you have a computer in front of you so why not package and deploy adobe products while you’re “sitting around”?

Straw Man bullshit. Where in the fuck do you get these stupid ideas. Being an atheist says nothing at all about my ability to dream. You have one version of a god and I have already given you four different versions, which of us is using his or her imagination. The only thing restricted around here is your common sense.

Atheism is a response to the proposition “God Exists.” The atheist simply asks for evidence of the claim. When no evidence is presented, the Atheist position is simply, “I see no reason to believe the claim.” Athiesm says nothing about materialism, nothing about imagination, and nothing about chemical processes in the brain.

Now. all that has been asked of you is to justify your claim. You have already stated that you can not justify your claim and this conversation already came to a conclusion: " You believe in god for no good reason at all."

I am perfectly okay with that. You can hold onto all the stupid beliefs you like. You have been clearly shown that the first cause argument is a bust. At this point all you are doing is regurgitating stupidity.

You believe in your god thing for no good reason. Everyone is fine with that. If you have another topic to discuss, start a new thread.

1 Like

Evidence is what I want. That’s what I’m asking for.

So, by this standard you should believe the other religions and myths, they have plenty of testimonies to them too. What exactly is your evidence that the others don’t have?

How happy something makes you has zero bearing on if it’s true or not.

2 Likes

Do you ask who was God’s creator?

Do you ask Why the God came into being?

2 Likes

Assuming quite a bit there, aren’t you? What makes you think I can read?

2 Likes

Ah. Okay. Christian god of the bible. Cool. Thank you for clarifying that. As I said, I prefer not to make assumptions whenever possible. And since every one of the thousands of gods out there have their own unique characteristics/abilities, I just wanted to make sure we are on the same page as to which god we are discussing. That being established, I have a couple of questions, if you don’t mind. (You did say, “Ask me anything.”)

1. Do you believe your god is all-knowing (Omniscient), all-powerful (Omnipotent), and all-benevolent as described in the bible?

2. What made your god?

Okay, that’s it for the moment. I know you also have several other folks asking questions. Oh, and the 21 post thing will lift soon. Just a temporary precaution they use here to deter spammers (or whatever it is they’re called).

1 Like

@Eli

Just know that when you make god claims you automatically accept the Burden of Proof. With that being said.

What objective evidence can you demonstrate for the existence of any deity?

Welcome to Atheist republic Eli.

Who is making those claims? Many atheists agree on the scientific consensus, and no respectable scientist will agree that the Big Bang came from “nothing”. When Hubble discovered that his known
universe was expanding, scientists worked backward and the present scientific consensus is that we can trace the origin and growth of the universe back to the point where it was a singularity. At that same time quantum math revealed that quantum particles can pop in and out of existence. Theists conflated these two distinct facts and stated that science explained that this universe “popped out of nowhere”. That was a bald-ass lie, still expounded by those ignorant of science to those with an even lesser knowledge of science.

Just like no one knew with any certainty what was one the opposite side of the moon a hundred years ago, mankind presently does not know what preceded the big bang. It is a mystery that many are hard at work unraveling. Until those answers are revealed, the honest reply is “we do not know”.

From the initial big bang, the evolution of this universe, suns, and life is driven by scientific laws and other forces. On an individual scale, randomness is present. But overall, the forces of evolution and physics drive towards specific results.

Suns formed because of gravity, life and evolution is not random, but driven by factors such as survive ability and adaptation to the environment.

2 Likes

Sort of. Many in here have been exposed to a constant flow of apologetics, and the list is a short and finite one. A theist trots out hard solipsism, we have seen it before and know the counter. Evolution is random, we have an answer to that claim. Mention absolute certainty, been there, done that. The universe came from nothing … hah, too easy to counter.

The atheist factory (which is like comparing a few mom and pop corner stores to a multi-billion dollar international industry) is a consequence of the huge ever-grinding theist apologetics industry.

3 Likes

Beliefs drive actions. Not long ago slavery was rationalized by passages in the bible. Woman were retained as second class citizens for centuries because the bible told them so.

It is OK to hold personal beliefs, but when those beliefs become action and laws are enacted, then those “beliefs” infringe on the liberty and well-being of others.

Do you belong to any theist organization that supports any elected government official or policy? If so, you are stepping outside of your lane and comfortable with inflicting your views on others who do not need or want them.

3 Likes

That is a good point.

As an atheist who has strong confidence on the scientific consensus, the question that precedes “why” must be “how”. Until one establishes a firm foundation that explains “how”, then “why” is barely a philosophical question that has nothing to support it.

So before you get to “why”, we need to discuss “how”.

1 Like