New guy who believes in God

Quote who you are talking to and it makes life easier. This is so far off topic that I see no reason to address it. Let’s get back on topic of the OP.

Lol dude you’re still not reading.
I said I believe God created the Big Bang because you and everybody else says “I don’t know” or some other agnostic says “multiverse” or Nick Bostrom says “matrix” who are basically agnostics trying to describe a god without calling it God.

Well one thing leads to another that’s how things go in convos but this came up because I mentioned that atheists are allowed to only say “I don’t know”

It appears that Eli doesn’t know or understand the Big Bang very well. Other option is that it is intentionally misrepresentated.

1 Like

And I asked you for evidence of this claim. There is evidence for the Big Bang. There is evidence for a singularity., Where is the evidence for your god claim? You are merely making up a story.

I don’t have a clue what any agnostic says and don’t give a damn about Nick Bostrom . You asserted that a god thing is responsible for the Big Bang and I asked you for evidence of your claim. Demonstrate your god thing and how it is connected to the Big Bang.

Oh, you quote people by highlighting the text. Then a quote box will appear. Click on that and a text box will appear.

Big Bang happened. I’m asking WHY it happened?
Do you know Why?

No one knows why it happened, apparently, not even you. You just want to make up a story. Anyone can make up a story. That does not mean the story is true. Blue universe creating bunnies started the Big Bang. My story is as good as yours and it has the exact same evidence so far… unless of course you can come up with something better than “faith.”

1 Like

Because it was the only thing that apparently could of happened at that point.

I’ll step back, I’m making a confusion.

Ok so first of all Thank You for showing me how to quote. This is a lot better.

Now I don’t know if you’re still not understanding me but I mentioned several times that I don’t have the proof that you would like for God and I mentioned that I simply believe because The WHY of existence is a mystery which cannot be solved for as long as humanity exists.
I am trying to show the thought process WHY I believe.

Now that I know how to quote please come back. I like you. I can tell you’ve done this before and have a few internet miles.

So your answer is basically “I don’t know” or you’re veering a bit into agnostic theory because you’re assuming a “sea” of probabilities.

Gnosticism deals with knowledge, so I don’t share your definition. I see that bit differently, agnostic essentially does not make claims about theology. It is usually used like this, you can infer something else from definitions but that is not how it is used.

Then why assert it is the cause of anything? There is no reason to go there.

How would you know this? Science is working on it. The Big Bang theory has only been around since the 1940’s and it has been improved upon many times since then. The Hadron Collider has brought us to miniscule fractions of a second ( What actually is going on is that a Planck time is the time it takes light to travel one Planck length - which is about 10 to the 20th power, smaller than a proton.) We are working on it. NO ONE HAS SEEN YOUR GOD YET.

So you believe for no good reason at all. This is the argument from ignorance, it can’t be explained, therefore God. This is called “Fallacious Reasoning.” It is as silly as asserting "faith,’ is a good reason to believe.

You say your are trying to show your thought process… Your thought process is fallacious.

I agree with this but based on my discussions in RL and Net the common issue that comes up with atheists usually is that they want to be very precise with word usage and definitions when it suits them and very vague when it suits them.

This is why this is another topic we can discuss lengthy about how your lifestyle as an atheist does not equate with the actions and accountability which you require from others. Most of you would fail because as I mentioned about music, if you’re hardcore about materialism then all you’re allowed to say after a concert is “I had a great chemical experience”.

HUH? Not our fault people use it incorrectly.
A - Without Gnosis - Knowledge
A- Without Theist - Belief in god or gods.

You don’t have a leg to stand on.

1 Like

Emotions and experiences exist much longer then any notion of god

DUDE> You are now all over the frigging place. Start another thread if you want to discuss materialism. Materialism has nothing at all to do with Atheism. And it certainly has nothing at all to do with your made up story about believing as god is responsible for anything.

Okay so NOW we can discuss some details.
The knowledge of the universe and the reason of WHY we are here will never be understood because space is expanding faster than light. This is a scientific fact.
Take a look at this short 11 minute video for details.

But I will grant you the HOPE that science WILL solve the mysteries of the universe next year.
So when it’s solved NEXT year, I will then change my position and may not even believe in a God if our collective knowledge says “here’s why we exist”.
But right NOW we don’t know, so I believe in a Creator.

I don’t think this is true.
The notion of belief in a creator has existed for a very long time with humanity.

So what? That still offeres no evidence for god,. I have brought to your attention several times now. One of us is saying “I don’t know.” and the other is saying, “I am certain there is a god.” Other than a made up fantasy, on what are you basing this claim?

The time to believe in anything is when there is evidence for that thing,. (See: null hypothesis)

You don’t know and you have no good reason to believe but you are opting to believe anyway. What kind of sense does that make? It’s like hiking to the top of a mountan to get a taste of cotton candy.

People keep telling you that there is no reason to believe there is any cotton candy on top of the mountan but you insist you are going to continue the climb anyway. After all, surely there is cotton candy on top of the mountain. It’s just silly.

I guess we are in complete agreement… You believe in god for no good reason at all.

3 Likes