New guy who believes in God

When you ask someone a basic fundamental question of “why believe” which is an existential question, I have to show you the thought process that believing comes when some people are not satisfied with the answer “I don’t know”.

This is why I also mentioned that when we look at the same event, Big Bang we arrive at different conclusions because some people (like you) are happy with “I don’t know” but some others, like me, are not.

NO. You are wrong. Agnosticism is about Knowledge. Atheism is about belief. Agnostic can say, I don’t know but I believe. Atheists can say I don’t know but I don’t believe. Agnosticism is a separate issue entirely.

2 Likes

An agonist can delve into philosophy such as “the multiverse” for example or “simulation theory”.
An atheist is allowed to only say “I don’t know”. This is a special position reserved for materialistic atheists.

That’s what I meant :rofl:

Why would you say that?

Why would I say what?
Sorry I’m not very familiar with this type of forum where you can’t quote people but if you’re asking about the post above then the reasoning is that:

An atheist a materialistic one, cannot say anything without proof but an agnostic Can.

So materialistic atheist cannot have propositions based on consolidated knowledge accumulated over years of research?

Not without proof no because their position and the definition of their position doesn’t allow it.
You’d have to venture a bit more into the faith territory and that’s where agnosticism comes in.

Are you equating thinking with faith?

This is also an interesting topic which I mentioned early about word definitions because if you reduce thinking to a chemical process then you’re not allowed to say “this song is beautiful “

Do you know what exestential means? Weird usage of the word. Okay, exestentially, right here and right now, I am asking you, “Why do you believe?” What is your existential reply.

When people are not satisfied with the question, “I don’t know,” they make up stories or they do the research and look for answers. What research have you done? What facts have you uncovered? What evidence do you have for this god thing or are you just making up a story. History is full of wonderful stories, Thor, Zeus, Harry Potter. Are you saying you just made up a story?

What conclusion can you possibly arrive at. The big bang started as a singularity,. We know that modern physics breaks down at Planck Time. Beyond Planck Time we know nothing. These are the facts. Where do you see another conclusion. There is no conclusion. There is “The Big Bang.”

What started the expansion? We don’t yet know. What other conclusion can possibly be drawn based on FACTS?

It really does not matter if you are satisfied with the answer “I don’t know,” or not. You don’t get to create a fantasy answer and pretend it is real without looking crazy. Everyone knows Eric the Rainbow Farting Unicorn was the original cause of the expansion. Or was it hamsters. Or god? The evidence for all three is exactly the same.

2 Likes

Why if a notion of beautiful is also a chemical reaction?

If that was proven by our collective knowledge then I would know and believe it but nobody knows what consciousness is either.

We know what it is , we don’t know exactly how it all works.

WTF are you talking about now? Do you know what the word Agnostic means? Agnostic literally means, without knowledge. How in the hell can an agnostic say anything without evidence? They don’t know., Why would they even be involved in a conversation,. Materialism has nothing to do with Atheism. \\

Would you stay focused please. All I have asked for is evidence of this god thing.

2 Likes

Ok I see your problem, you’re part of the group which doesn’t allow you to ask “what happened before Big Bang” because it’s a non-sensical question yet you happily accept that there was nothing, nothing still, nothing again … and then BAM here we are. Lol

Yes there are people spending their lives on that topic. Dr Parnia is one of them. Dr. Sam Parnia is his name and he’s the newest guy in a long line before others before him.

Why is he important?

He’s studying consciousness and does a lot of studies with people who are dying like in nursing homes or people who had heart attacks and were clinically dead.
He’s an atheist and he’s trying to do this to understand what consciousness is so he can try to help people who are in a vegetative state.

What happened before what? The big bang? You are going to assert that you know what happened prior to the big bang. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha … Now you are living in fantasy land. So you are just making up a story. Physics breaks down at Planck time. Our perception of time is not even valid at this point. We do not know and that is, so far. scientific fact. Now you are going to assert that you know something beyond what modern science knows. Well Holy Shit, go get your Nobel Prize. Now you are sounding like an idiot.

Where do you keep getting this idea of “Nothing from.” Are you fucking reading any of these posts? I have asked you to demonstrate this ‘nothing’ you keep speaking of. The only person asserting that there is ‘nothing.’ is you. Why do you think nothing could possibly exist?

2 Likes