Man with Down syndrome fired from Wendy's after 20 years

Please direct your attention to Mr. @Sheldon I am more interested in your debate with him than wandering on some tangent here.

Actually it was a straw man and a poisoning of the well fallacy, it needs no dismissing as it is irrational.

He did disagree, and he disparaged your irrational argument, referring to fallacies is not disparaging the person, that’s just your fragile ego, though I can see why someone who seems incapable of avoiding using them would feel threatened by arguments that expose your relentless use of those fallacies, stop using them, and you take those arguments away.

Indeed, but since not one person here has said otherwise, nor excused the behaviour of anyone who did, you simply reacted emotionally to a criticism of the behaviours of religious people, with a straw man fallacy, and poisoning of the well fallacy, would you like a quote? Actually I will provide it anyway:

See not one person has ever said, implied or thinks any aspect of science is foolproof, nor have they expressed “blind trust” in any scientist or group of scientists, they have said the opposite repeatedly to you, so you’re lying again. You also dishonestly switched from your lie about science being a religion, to a false equivalence fallacy claiming atheism was religion. So just how dishonest are you prepared to be in this thread to evade facing the erroneous and contradictory claims you don’t want to answer elsewhere? On second thoughts I think that should be a rhetorical question.

Which superhuman power or powers, especially a God or gods are you claiming atheist worship? You’re lying again, and all anyone need do is Google the definition of those words to know that you’ve lied.

I must now ask, what is it you hope to gain from obvious lies?

2 Likes

You mean how atheist posters view it because I doubt very much a theist or agnostic would care in the slightest, I had no idea all atheists were so sensitive.

Let me ask, for something to be “baiting” must it be posted by a theist? could an atheist bait? if so can you give me an example of something you’d regard as a bait posted by an atheist, just so I can be clear.

Can one even discuss the question? could one start a thread for example asking “Is atheism a religion?” or is that taboo here?

I am an agnostic, and I care, I am also an atheist, and this does not involve the worship of any superhuman power or powers, especially a God or gods, So again, you’re lying.

Now you claimed all beliefs must be derived from initial beliefs, then when I asked you where the initial or first belef came form, you admitted you didn’t know, and said it was an interesting question.

yet when I ask how you can stand by that claim when you don’t know where the initial belief comes from, you refuse to answer, has it sopped being interesting now you realise you may have to admit you may have been wrong, or did you just lie again?

Id like to answer but as you can see I’m not allowed to discuss that subject, it is so sensitive that I’d end up being banned or something, perhaps even imprisoned as was Galileo when he questioned dogma, when asked uncomfortable questions.

Not true, I refuse to repeat my answer, over and over, I won’t waste my time doing that. Clearly you have not understood my answer so what is the point even continuing to labor this with you.

I don’t believe you, and not just because your relentless mendacity is manifest, but because this is clearly another lie, you know you can’t justify, as does anyone who Googles the definition of atheism. Which is of course why I took the trouble not just to quote that definition when you lies, but linked it as well, for anyone to see your duplicity.

Is any self awareness working through your rhetoric and trolling yet? those neutral observers you referenced will be reading this long after you are gone.

Does that mean you believe I’m wrong or that you don’t hold a belief that I’m right?

Is English not your first language?

Atheism
noun

1. disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Religion
noun

1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman power or powers, especially a God or gods.

To be clear again then, you lied when you pretended atheism is a religion.

2 Likes

That’s a lie.

As is your lie that you made no claims about initial beliefs. You haven’t explained why you have not recanted two of those claims, as they contradict the other one, or recant the original claim of course, you can’t lie your way out of this, as your posts and claims are easy to requote.

Why do you believe Atheism is a religion?

To me a religion is where you worship one or more gods and abide by some “religious rules” to please those gods. I’m not convinced gods exist so I am out on those religions because I do not buy the answers peddled by religious theory.

I’m sorry but I cannot answer your question, I was recently told that to suggest atheism was itself a religion was to “bait” and baiting is against the rules and I’d be punished, really I’d love to answer your question but don’t want to get barred.

Oh I think that warning was because you were offering a bare claim, and it had all the hallmarks of trolling at that time, but all anyone need do is read a dictionary:

Religion
noun

1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman power or powers, especially a God or gods.

The only way this would fly is as metaphor, and even then only to describe some atheists, not atheism:

Atheism
noun

1. disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

For clarity you were not warned about making the mendacious claim that atheism is a religion, which it clearly is not, but for baiting someone by insisting their atheism was a religion, after being told specifically it was not.

That is correct. He is more than welcome to answer the question about why he thinks atheism is a religion but if it appears to me that he has weaponized it, he’ll be put in time out.
He may not like this, but all I can say is, “oh, well….”

2 Likes

Fair enough. You would not be the only Theist to assume Atheism is a religion. It’s peddled by the church systems. Christianity is not the only organized religion that tries to sell Atheism as it’s own religion. IMO the definition of a religion is about worshiping deities.

I’ve never known an Atheist to worship anything.

2 Likes

As I said, I’m not at liberty to discuss, the ideas police might not take kindly to what I might say.

But I can say this, search the web for “Is atheism a religion” you’ll see it’s a rather active question across various disciplines, not some offensive idea that nasty theists dreamed up.

Not true…

1 Like

Yes, I’ve read a lot of those opinions especially on Quora. The go to argument is that atheists have faith that a creator god doesn’t exist and that they deny the Christian or Islam god. I would have to disagree. If a god exists and can prove itself, then I would believe in the existence of one. The funny part is that these god things seem to need Theists to argue their existence for them. How funny…

3 Likes

Understanding the reason behind the termination is crucial. If the termination was due to the individual’s disability or a related issue, it could be considered discriminatory

1 Like