Living Forever In Some Heaven

Can we be a scientist in heaven or would all the answers be revealed before having the joy of researching and testing?
Can we be creative say like an artist or would everything be too easy to create like a 2 piece jigsaw puzzle?
Can we choose what we do or are we assigned to be in a blissful state?
If everyone is in a state of constant happiness will interaction lose meaning and purpose?
If we become all knowing the type of life we know ends and what does that bring us into?

Perhaps being a child forever might be heaven like but I can’t fathom it as an adult.

The brutal truth is not much is known about eternal life in the here after. The Bible has some clues but I don’t find them at all comforting.
To begin with everybody’s personality is wiped. Memory too is wiped, so no-one need fret about the fate of unsaved family members and beloved friends. Heaven is sound proof to the screams of the eternally punished and constantly ventilated to prevent the whiff of burnt flesh pervading the halls of heaven.

With memories wiped, personalities, hopes, plans, expectations are gone too. Psalm 146:4 “His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.” KJV

There is nothing to suggest any freedom to do what you want in heaven. I don’t recall any offers to oversee individually conferred planets. Chances are, along with personality you won’t have any ambition, curiosity or sense of humour. Science? History? The natural universe is gone. Heaven, Hell or Oblivion are the only things that exist. Academic studies simply won’t be relevant anymore in the afterlife, not even as hobbies.

Mindless, personality deprived, otherwise dis-interested zombies will populate heaven, with the one overriding deliriously satisfying compulsion to worship at the throne of God Almighty for eternity with the same passion the undead have for human brains.
There doesn’t appear to be any other option according the bible. The only other possibility is the vision found in old JW or LDS pamphlets that show happy men in business suits, smiling women in twin sets, high heels and pearls and permanently coiffured bee hive hairstyles watching on as their delightful children play cleanly in sub tropical paradise gardens amongst precious frolicking little lambs and the contented lions who lie down peacefully with them as flocks and flocks of doves fly overhead…I don’t think I could last a day in either place…roll on oblivion.

Yup

Aka shame. In the weeks and months following Japan’s surrender in 1945, there were a large number of suicides in Japan. In part that was super ordinates apologising to subordinates who had followed them during the war, and not just military.

In Japan, one’s status is/was set by high school, for life. EG If you fail, you are/were forever junior to your classmates who passed.

It is my understanding that in terms of status, university in Japan is/was not as important as high school.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

In the mid 1980’s my wife and I were addicted to a Japanese soap opera, called ‘OSHIN’. The protagonist is born in 1900.The series follows her life until 1980. Oshin is a not-very-subtle model Japanese woman. The show was so popular in Japan that it was played every night, for 15 minutes, in a loop, for years. I found it a fascinating look at Japanese culture, a much for what it did not mention as for what it did mention.

The last year of high school is insane. Again we invoke the Korean Grading Act. Just to interview at Seoul National University, you probably have to be one of the top two students at any of the top high schools in Korea. The competition to get into a good university is insane. And the major Chabols hire from these universities as does the government and the medical field. Everyone knows the ranking of the university and the ranking of the students within the various university departments.

The last year of High school is when students prep for the Government tests that will determine which university they can apply to. Your life is determined by a test score and not by your dream. Koreans go into majors because those are the only majors available to them. They go to universities because those were the only university available to them.

@Earth

All your questions seem to be simply assuming heaven is real, and that we can survive our physical deaths in any meaningful way, what objective evidence can you demonstrate to support this assumption?

Just as you mentioned Sheldon: It’s hypothetical. If that answer is good enough for you and others having fun with this one, it applies to me as well. You don’t get to make false assumptions, treat them as if I stated them as facts and expect me to be your frog to dissect without calling you out as a troll. The only reason we are here is for number 3. Number 1 and 2 are meant for you to go privately in your own bathroom.

I will answer your question now before you accuse me of other things you don’t follow yourself :

My answer: How can I give you evidence about a hypothetical question from the author of the post? You are taking this heaven thing more seriously than I am so give us the answer to your question …What objective evidence do you have? What do you think heaven is? Enlighten us because I don’t have a clue what type of existence that can be. The only heaven and hell I am sure of are here on Earth and they co exist because they are our human creations.

I’ll re-ask my question, since your idiotic disjointed rant has unsurprisingly ignored it, as you seem to do with all questions. FYI, since your username shows you are a theist, then it would not be a hypothetical, it’s not hard really.

I’ve made no assumptions false or otherwise, your username shows you are a theist, again this is simple stuff.

So your answer is you cannot answer, quelle surprise, this seems to typify your tedious posts. Why come here if you are not interested in debate, and clearly are not? If you’re an atheist why not say so in your profile, if you’re not then the question YOU ASKED are not hypothetical. Of course you won’t clarify your position or offer anything sensible or cogent, far easy for another of your moronic tedious and irrelevant troll fest.

Since my profile shows I am an atheist, and it is clearly stated next to my username, only an imbecile would ask me to evidence a religious belief I clearly do not hold.

@Sheldon

I have just changed my profile to Atheist. I have come to that conclusion with the help of people on this site.

Now back to your comments.

Does this sound like he’s asking for a debate on a topic he doesn’t believe in or just looking for some entertainment on a topic he believes does not exist?
I know the answer to that and I don’t need you to put a different twist on it and turn it against me. Have your fun and move on

Oh I think not, since you are now claiming to be an atheist, and before were claiming to be a theist, my comments would clearly be taken out of context. Your profile also doesn’t seem to have altered as you claim, dear oh dear.

He’s an atheist and I have just explained this to you, even before you conveniently started claiming to have completely reversed your position, despite the atheist tag not appearing next to your username? :roll_eyes:

Again this is a debate forum, so your sulking about being disagreed with or questioned on your claims and beliefs is just bizarre, and I am sorry but I simply don’t believe you are now suddenly an atheist, you must be off your rocker if you think that bit of ad hoc sophistry is going to be accepted. If you had shown any propensity for honest debate in any of your posts that would be different, but you have not. Nor has anyone here tried to twist anything you have posted that I have seen.

To make it simple I don’t think I would know what to do with myself living forever. Life is long enough without some heaven having to never die. Does that mean I have to not enjoy life? NO, I enjoy everything in life I can.

In any-case life would get really fucking boring if one had to live forever. I could not imagine a worse hell.

Edit; Yes I was high when I wrote that.

@anon14261619

Agreed. I can’t comprehend an everlasting life also. The only heaven and hell I am sure of is here on this earth and i wouldn’t want to live here forever either.

I was just passing some time and having fun with your post. Some responses were amusing.

1 Like

Learning that’s a good thing. I am glad you have educated yourself.

High so excuse me. :wink:

1 Like