Jesus is not God

Jesus never said that he was God, nor de he ever implied in anyway that he was God. He always said and mage very clear that he was the son of God, and the son of man, but never God-ever.

OK

so?

This is based on your book of choice.

My boys argue over Marvel Universe and DC.

2 Likes

Just stating a topic to discuss and study the bible with someone who desires to know the truth as I do. That’s all.

Define truth.

Your ideas and briefs are not true until demonstrable.

1 Like

You have the public library and the entire internet to answer this question, and no matter how I define truth you will still have something negative to say about it. And, I’ll leave you with this fact and truth…

John 17:17 Jesus said (in prayer to God his Heavenly Father)…

“Sanctify them (believers) through thy truth: thy word is truth.” (The Holy Bible; Scriptures; Word of God). God bless you.

Seriously. So do you.

I don’t accept your book as any sort of authority.
I don’t believe you. It was written by ancient men (at best).

Is the whole “word” bible true?

2 Likes

No one knows what Jesus did or did not say, assuming he existed at all, which is far from historical fact. The gospels are anonymous unevidenced hearsay.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks for your opinion. I appreciate your reply.

You don’t get to assume the claims in the bible are true, and debate involves argument by definition. So no, that’s not all sorry. You have sought out an atheist debate forum, your beliefs like all other claims will be subjected to critical scrutiny.

Truth is that which is in accordance with fact or reality, and you have demonstrated no fact, and no objective evidence, or rational argument that any deity exists or is even possible.

Sorry but this is simply another vapid and unevidenced platitude, quoting the bible at us no more evidences it;s claims or any deity, than quoting the Harry Potter novels evidences magic.

While I appreciate the sentiment, this is a debate forum, so thanks are not necessary, debate however is, and you made a claim and I offered a valid refutation, did you have any thoughts on that?

3 Likes

You are arguing about the lineage of fictional characters. Might as well argue that Santa Claus fathered the Tooth Fairy.

8 Likes

So either a 7th dayer or a JW. At least this will be entertaining as he flounders his way through the Arian heresy origins of his much plagiarised and late coming to the xtian party, cult.

2 Likes

Not a JW :wink:

Could be on their own interpretation.

2 Likes

So we have established you are not a Trinitarian. Are you a biblical literalist? According to the Bible, All believers are sons of God. Where in the Bible does it say those who believe are sons of God?

John 1:12-13 King James Version (KJV)

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

So… Nothing special at all about Jesus?

1 Like

Can you provide sufficient evidence to warrant the conclusion the Jesus character even existed?

You do not care about what is true, as if you did, you wouldn’t blithely ignore the facts and evidence, which are quite openly dismantling your ridiculous beliefs.

I’m going to go out on a limb, and bet three bananas that @HalleluYah is a Jehovah’s witness.

Everyone knows that the Tooth fairy is Santa’s mistress, she often visits the north pole when Mrs Claus is off on holiday in Barbados.

2 Likes

You lose. Not a JW. Uses “Yahweh” instead of Jehovah.

1 Like

Ah, this is incorrect I have encountered on two occasions JW’s accepting the term Yahweh, in person, one in my living room, the other in a workplace.

They both accepted the name as an acceptable reference to their god.

The first time I raised an eyebrow, but didn’t prod, the second time I was testing curiously.

True. They will accept its use from others and acknowledge it’s a form of the Hebrew writing of YHWH - BUT they will not use it as a personal expression of faith or in their description of god (especially his name) with their use.

@HalleluYah would have used “Jah” and used Jehovah throughout their proselytizing.

I’ll accept what you are saying, but I would rather have confirmation from the horses mouth, before I hand over my bananas.

They are very special bananas you see, they come already sliced neatly inside the skin.

1 Like