God is real, and we are all going to hell!

:scream: :fearful:
If I were you I would’ve apologized .I also doesn’t like “good trouble”. Trouble seeking is never a good idea . If you really want big trouble venture out to a high crime neighborhood. Here is dangerous places they are perfect for “good trouble” .
https://theculturetrip.com/south-america/articles/11-dangerous-streets-world/
https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/most-dangerous-countries

I would gladly join you. I have experienced first-hand the emotional pain belief in such a god brings, and how it makes people treat each other.

Emotions come from thoughts.

Religions can cut both ways causing a dissonance in thinking… “god is love” AND “if you don’t believe it you go to hell” or whatever punishment is the stick to keep you believing the religion in faith.

Better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.

1 Like

Is there a point to this rather facile cliche?

Perhaps you might expand it for discussion?

1 Like

you ask us not to simply dismiss… But, as the late great Hitch (praise his holy name) said,
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence”.

On a more serious note, I would say this. The Bible was written by men who had no way of knowing what lay beyond the sky. The description of the created earth given in Genesis demonstrates this. We now know how vast and old the universe is and we understand the nature of the laws of physics, what the sun, the moon and the stars are, how they were formed and how they operate.
In achieving this knowledge we have, at the very least, pushed God further away and provided a different way of thinking about everything. It seems unreasonable to me for people to cling to beliefs which are founded on a world view which has been successfully proven to be incorrect. We cannot prove God does not exist but as the God we are speaking of is the God of the Bible and we can prove the Bible wrong, isn’t it irrational to maintain such belief?
Personal faith, feeling God in your heart and ‘knowing’ God is real, all sound wonderful but they are all ultimately based upon a deity for whom the original source material is a bronze age collection of creation stories and the mythologised history of a people. Once that material is shown to be not only false but, in many ways, impossible, it is logical to abandon any faith put in it.

If the eternal pit of fire is where I’m meant to go then so be it. I wonder where he got his infinite supply of fuel from though. And if we just ignore the fact that you need a nervous system to experience pain, which a soul doesnt have since it’s not part of a physical body, you will eventually get used to it.

There is an alternative view of it though. Many of the christians claim that hell isnt real and that there is no infinite suffering, perhaps because they realised that it’s one of the many contradictions to god’s “omnibenevolence”. They claim that when you die, you die. No soul exists. But in the second coming jesus will resurrect his followers and leave the rest in the infinite void.

Either way, I’m happy with my decision.

1 Like

Don’t you mean third coming (Jesus already came back once, according to the story)? :laughing:

Is this resurrection to earth?

Interesting so be it then. Third coming. Either way, doesnt really matter to me.

1 Like

Apparently yes. God is supposed to construct his new Jerusalem on earth and that’s where the resurrected believers would live.

That is why they bury their dead. Back in the day, Christians widely believed that you couldn’t be resurrected if you had been cremated.

Apparently god only has a finite amount of “magic” because expecting god to “magic” your body back together, and to “magic” you back to life was too much.

Help conserve god’s “magic”: bury your dead!!1!

…and the resurrected- can they have kids? Marry and birth their own children?

FYI - spend many a morning or afternoon in service discussing this about the resurrected and the part the “great crowd” would play…

Welcome!

You just described zombies. No soul, a body re-animated from the ground.

Question: are the bodies reconstituted, and if so, by what means? Magic or just good a good diet of brains?

The people who believe this qoute the text “They shall be given new bodies” idek where that is. I suppose as is the case with all miracles in religion it’s done with the magic of the lawd.

Cremation is something that was adopted from the pagans so this makes a lot of sense.

Probably not cause they would spend eternity singing and praying to their god.

So if I pray very hard, be a good boy, give my tithe to the church, I can come back with the body of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the face of Brad Pitt, and the schlong of Ron Jeremy?

Hell ye. God’s pretty cool, eh? Screw logic and science. Praise da lawd.