God Doesn't Do Anything At All

I am not a creationist and never will be anymore. I agree with certain people like Morgan Freeman and Larry King, there’s nothing after death. Larry King, hm. He wants frozen until they can cure whatever. I don’t understand him.

I don’t understand you people with keep saying a god can also not be disproved, if there’s a god where’s the ghosts which would exist? Wikipedia doesn’t place god as fact, so why should I?

You could make up stories about the origin of the universe and invent reasons for shit you know nothing about. Hell, there is a whole lot to keep you busy.

What exactly will I do once I am done writing everything I can think of. Learn everything I never learned in school, as I should have failed High School. And then experience everything I can possibly experience. I imagine it would only take a few thousand years before I begin to get bored.

What would you do with an eternity, can you actually say after a million or so years you wouldn’t get bored?

Oh, come down in the limited form of Whitefire - forgetting all the previous stuff and relearn :wink:

@David Killens I loved your post except for the mild assertion.

If there was before big bang - and there must have been because something had to go bang - it would have had to exist in time or not exist at all, unless it was quantum physics, which the universe is not.

There was time. There were just no clocks marking it.

Still eventually one might get bored. And I don’t want to give up my current consciousness as that would not be me anymore.

FievelJAtheist

You can’t remember what you write from one day to the next. You would never know when you had finished writing all that you could think of. Come on…

In the end, if you did get board, you could always pull a Satan on his ass and just slide yourself right out of heaven.

EDIT: You might even convince a few to go with you. (It’s been done before.)

Wow that is a spectacularly irrational non-sequitur.

You just are incapable of understanding an argumentum ad ingorantiam fallacy then, no matter how many times it is explained. Fuck it, I’ll have one more try, nothing is either proved or disproved because of an absence of evidence. Thus you are making an irrational assumption.

2 Likes

Seriously can you not see that those two sentences are saying something entirely different to each other?

1. Is stating that in it’s broadest concept a god claim is unfalsifiable, please fucking tell me you know what this means by now?

2. Something does not become a fact because it cannot be disproved ffs, how many times must you be told that this is an argumentum ad ignorantiam fallacy? nothing is either proved nor disproved because of a lack of evidence.

No offence, but I don’t think eternity would help, you don’t seem able to absorb some pretty simply principles of logic.

2 Likes

@anon14261619

“Consciousness” and “soul” are two distinct things in my definitions.

First off Poison_Ivy, welcome to Atheist Republic.

I respectfully disagree on the condition of time before the big bang. Yes, the entire universe as we know it originated from a VERY tiny object (smaller than an atom) that contained immense energy. But although this known universe is huge and standard physics are able to describe it, in the period of the big bang, it was so tiny quantum mechanics do apply.

Quantum mechanics describe the physical properties of nature on an atomic scale.

I accept the Theory of Relativity, and both matter and time are integral to each other. If there is no matter (in the absolute), then there is no time.

logic of what, no evidence of any god existing? If one were to exist I will find that out when I die. But would ask then right away why that god did not make it clear who they are. If scientific evidence should surface for a god, great. But I still would remain an atheist.

I agree with you that we might be wrong, but the truth is no religion or gods that people are following nowadays are true, it shows very clear that its myths.
god may exist and maybe not, because till now there is no evidence for his existences. the funny part in my Islamic community for example, whenever you ask them for a real evidence they will tell you look into the nature you will find our god has created this, or will hand you quran to read it.
I have read quran for thousands time and still there is no answer in it for god existence …

I doubt any proof will surface for a god either. I can not say I am not open to that, but will still remain an atheist.

1 Like

Read my recent post, forgot to reply to you directly.

exactly why there is diseases ? why there is poverty ? why some have more power than others ? why people doing wars and kill each other and no one can stop them ?
a lot of bad things going around this world but no one is stopping it at all.

thank you whitefire13 :slightly_smiling_face:

I agree in principle. But since we cannot prove a god, or disprove a god, we atheists must be careful not to accept the “logic” of theists. Theirs is that if it can not be disproven, then it can be.

My position is that if something can not be proven or disproven, then I do not know and will not accept either proposition.

I do not know, and I will not accept either position until evidence proves one or the other.

I do not rule out a god. I have little confidence there is one, but still … we do not know.

2 Likes

if there is god as you claim my friend, it surely wouldn’t be the gods people are worshiping it nowadays.
in my case, I haven’t seen a sign of his existence so I will consider that as illusion.