God Doesn't Do Anything At All

Quit being Stupid. Not believing in something is NOT THE SAME THING AS ASSERTING SOMETHING DOES NOT EXIST.
I don’t believe in God or Gods…

is not the same thing as…

God or gods do not exist.

THESE ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

1 Like

Well until I see some objective evidence, my position stays the same.

I have no problem with dying and ceasing to exist, if that’s what happens when one dies. If there’s a heaven, I am welcome to that too. God does not exist is making a claim which no I can not back up. Nor can I prove there is a god.

Thanks Cog. :wink:

Still a claim, thus the burden of proof is yours, no one has to prove a deity exists to invalidate your claim.

He doesn’t need to, because for the gazillionth time he didn’t claim a deity exists BUT YOU DID CLAIM NO DEITY EXISTS.

Whatever I just refuse to believe in a deity.

Yes I did, and I’ll keep believing that claim even if I have 0 evidence.

Whatever? When did you turn into a 14 year old girl?

You made a claim, Cognostic didn’t, so the burden of proof is entirely yours, whether you grasp that or not, and no amount of hand waving will change this. It’s really simply, disbelieve any deity exists, but stop making claims you cannot evidence, it undermines our objections to theists doing the same.

And I do not accept a “god” until I have been exposed to the proper evidence.

Do you not see the differences in our positions?

Just as theists do, ahem…

Is it sinking in yet?

Yeah well theists believe in a god, I do not.

You believe something with 0 evidence, your own words. That is precisely what theists do…

QED…

Maybe so but I refuse to believe in a deity.

That’s irrelevant, you claimed no deity exists, and said you will continue to believe that CLAIM despite having 0 evidence. That is precisely what theists do, believe something with zero evidence.

Not believing something, and believing the opposite are two very different things, though as Cognostic said, it seems doubtful you can learn this simple premise.

So exactly as theists do then.

Yes they believe in a god which can not be proved.

I don’t and do not believe evidence will ever surface for a deity.

Nor disproved, which is a point you seem determined to ignore.

So that’s a claim based on zero evidence, and that is what theists do.

So we have our non-beliefs in separate ways, what’s your point?

What you claimed is not NON-BELIEF that’s my point, it is an UNEVIDENCED BELIEF. Just as theism is an unevidenced belief.

1 Like

AND this :grimacing:.

If evidence arose that a deity of some sort existed, sorry, I couldn’t claim to be a non-believer or atheist. HOWEVER I may not worship such a thing.

You don’t get to shift the burden of proof you dweeb. You are the one who made the assertion “Nothing supernatural exists.” Now either make your case or shut the fuck up and go away with your inane assertions.

So far your only argument is “I have never seen anything supernatural and therefore it does not exist.” A Black Swan Fallacy. No one gives a fuck what you have seen or not seen. Provide evidence for your claim. OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE! Do you have a fucking clue what that is?

Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut and just let people think you are a complete idiot than it is to open your mouth and prove it. WE JUST FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR INABILITY TO GRASP SUCH A SIMPLE CONCEPT AS BURDEN OF PROOF. You will probably be irrational and unreasonable for the rest of your life. That’s sad.