Farewell to my atheist friends. I return to The Fold

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Tofu, I shall fear no vegetables, for thou art with me. Thy rind and thy fat they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of vegans. Thou anointest my plate with crispy Bacon. My BLT runneth over. Surely saltiness and crispness will follow me all the days of my life. And I shall dwell in the House of the Holy Hog forever. Amen.

5 Likes

Eat your bacon or you risk offending Catechism! All hail the bacon god!

download

2 Likes

Ditto. I’ve never figured that one out. I would just as soon chug Robitussin. My sweet liquor of choice is Tuacca and I have not had any in 25 years. Can’t find it anyplace in Asia.

Lol. Good OP and comments.

Hey, some people find salvation on a piece of toast. Some people find it in a stain on a door, or in the hair pattern on a dog’s ass. I just happened to find salvation in bacon and mushrooms. And it was DELICIOUS! :stuck_out_tongue:

Christianity made it’s mark by ripping off a whole bunch of other extant religions then convincing Constantine to back it.

Scientology made it’s mark by being a religion entirely based upon being a massive long con job.

I’m seeing the Religion of Bacon making it’s own such mark as the first “faith” to put their flavor (:grin:) of diety up for President of the U.S. and A.

It doesn’t even matter that the candidate is nonexistent as far as anyone knows - @Eli has elsewhere shown that one can still fully expect to be taken seriously despite providing no demonstration of the truth of a claim.

Good campaign managers might be in short supply this close to an election year, though…
images

It’s got MY vote! :grinning: At least Bacon is honest in its delicious salty crispness. All hail Bacon!!! :bacon::bacon::bacon:

And bacon is the duct tape of food, you can wrap it around anything.

2 Likes

Scientology ripped off psychoanalysis and regressive therapies, that’s why they hate psychoanalysis so much.

I happen to agree, Psychoanalysis and regressive therapies are 'con jobs." Psychoanalysis is a bit like doing the cold reading but with a willing participant. There are ways to talk about personal issues that are too sensitive to discuss in the here and now. One way to do this is called “Disqualification.” So I disqualify communication by relocating the person, place, time, or by using metaphor, (I am only talking about something else.) Psychoanalysis disqualifies the person by discussing you as a younger person through regression. It disqualifies the place by having you lie on a couch and talk about your past behavior that is exactly the same as the behavior that is causing you a problem now. It disqualifies the now, by placing the events in the past. So a person talks about their current behavior without talking about it. (This isn’t necessarily the bad part of psychoanalysis.) The bad part is "Interpretation according to psychodynamic theory, the idea of libido, and the stages of psychosexual development. All made-up stories. The idea of the id, ego, and superego are also just made up stories along with the concept of the unconscious. There is a lot of bullshit in psychoanalysis. It is a con job, just like Scientology. The average psychoanalytic term of treatment is 8 years. There is no verification that clients get better due to treatment or due to the maturation process. In the meantime, they are flooded with psychoanalytic babble and all end up talking like Woody Allen.

Or in the case of Scientology, like a Scientologist.

I’ll vote for Bacon before I vote for Biden.

Yes. You can wear a suit of bacon armor to ward of bears! :rofl:

1 Like

Hey man good for you. I’m not judging and it’s none of my business.
I do have a problem with thought process, language-use and living up to your ideals though.
If you believe in bacon then you’re not an atheist. Lol

Check more of this here “Farewell to my atheist friends…” thread, @Eli.

I thought I was immune from the categorical certainty, dogmatism, Imaginary Comforting Adult Santa worship, and belief in claims in spite of an absence of evidence that goes with cults/ religion because I was raised in a secular household.

@Tin-Man 's sales pitch for the Faith of Bacon blasted through all of that illusory nonsense that family, professors, personal responsibility, and a lifetime of skepticism had clearly brainwashed me into.

Check it out. By any measure of reason and rationality, it’s as good as any other religion out there!

1 Like

Regretfully I had to take on the role of god and ban Eli into the deepest darkest dimension of ban hell for uttering threats.

I do welcome any theists in here, and willing to give them a lot of slack, including being insulting and other crap. But any threats of physical violence will not be tolerated.

Aww, maaaan… I was just starting to “like” the guy. When did he threaten somebody?

How could we be so inflexible?

There’s just no converting some people.

Not too long ago. He was threatening to hack the forum if that’s what he meant by “burning the place down and breaking window’s”. The guy was just another crazy religious nut. He will not be missed.

N-n-n-Noooooooo…! :weary::weary::weary: I just read where he said I am funny and have a good sense of humor! He said I seemed intelligent and I made him laugh! He said he could be my FRIEND! He understood me like nobody else ever has! And now he is GONE! Cast out into the cyber abyss! Whatever shall I dooooo?!? :sob::weary::sob:

Uh :roll_eyes: Tin… he was a true believer. Ya’ know those folks who have faith (believe with no evidence).

Uh :unamused: his opinion of you (above :point_up:) is kinda uh subjective and uh :neutral_face: his perception of reality may not be how can I put this gently accurate.

2 Likes