Do you look like an atheist, part 2

I promised my wife that I’d never get tattooed on my legs or the back of my hands, so I’m running out of space.

Possibly, but it’s only a small part of my back piece. I’m impressed that you looked up the translation, I have several Latin phrases all over me, each with a different, but similar message.
My wife has agreed to take some new, better photos of my artwork show I can display them here if I decide too. I’d love to give my friend some free exposure of his amazing artwork.
Both of my arms are covered from the wrist up to my shoulders, but I wouldn’t consider them sleeves. I’ve added each tattoo separately and Brandon has done an amazing job of blending them all together. I still have a few bare spots that haven’t been touched.
As for your contest idea, what is the prize for the closest guess, some free tattoo work?
(There is some white in some of my ink, it’s not 100% black and grey)

Whatever makes you feel comfortable, do it.

You’re free to feel the way you want, it doesn’t affect me one bit.

Most reputable tattoo artists won’t touch anyone that’s been drinking.

I’ve been told by co-workers and family members that I look like a serial killer for decades. I consider it a compliment. Looking the way I do pretty guarantees that no one will ever, or has ever fucked with me or my family, mission accomplished.

I’m a member of TST (The Satanic Temple), surprised?

All Satanist’s are atheists, but not all atheists are Satanist’s.

1 Like

I should say that not every tattoo is from “the dark side”. In the photo, you can see the memorial tattoos and the jack-o-lanterns that represent each of our 4 grandkids on my upper chest.
The memorials are for my mom, my older sister, and our granddaughter, who’ve died in the past few years.
Brandon has told me that he hates having to do them, but he always does the best he can. He didn’t want to charge me anything for the tattoo work on the memorial for our granddaughter, but I thanked him and made him at least take a tip.

1 Like

I agree. But this was WW2 and some place, maybe England or new Zealand …

Howdy, Bob. Thing is, tattoos mean different things to different people. Some get them for sentimental reasons. Some get them as a means of rebellion. Some tattoos are used to designate a person as belonging to a particular gang/club/organization. Some people will get a tattoo just for the helluva it because of a dare or losing a bet or for no real reason at all. (I have a nephew who has a few like that.) Some tattoos have meanings to the person wearing them. Some are nothing more than a cool design the individual liked. And, as is the case of Mr.Mac, some tattoos can serve as a warning to others who do not understand them and whom the wearer might not want bothering him/her. In other cases, a person can get a tattoo that means something personal, while another person can get an identical tattoo and it mean something entirely different. You never know until you ask.

In my case, each of my tattoos tells a story of an important part of my life I want to remember. And/or they represent a part of who I am as a person. Most of those memories/traits are good/happy. Some are rather bittersweet. And a couple are just plain bad experiences. “Why would you want to remember bad experiences,” you may ask? Because what most people prefer not to acknowledge is that even the bad experiences in our lives and how we handle them also play an important part in our overall development. And to forget some of those experiences and/or pretend they did not happen is to deny a part of what makes us who we are. My tattoos simply help me retain those memories. Also, only two of my tattoos are from Flash boards. The others are all custom-designed. (Those with tattoos will understand that.)

Bottom line, though, is tattoos are not for everybody. No biggie. But while you might see “rubbish” on a person, what you obviously fail to see is the story behind the ink. I was going to give you a rundown of those Mr.Mac has shared with us, but he beat me to it. (And he said pretty much exactly what I had planned to say, interestingly enough.) All that being said, I’ll leave you with a little something I saw somewhere many years ago: “What’s the difference between people with tattoos and people without tattoos?.. People WITH tattoos DO NOT CARE if you do NOT have tattoos.” :relaxed:

1 Like

Although I do not have any tattoos, I understand and respect that what one does to their body does not affect mine. As long as you are not harming anyone else, you have the right to do whatever you wish.

I do have a few heavily tattooed associates, and I am fascinated by the artwork. Yes, I call it artwork. And if you want to befriend someone with a tattoo, sincerely ask them about their artwork and the stories behind them. And some of those stories are absolutely amazing.

1 Like

That’s pretty dang cool. Very few people can say that. I have ink from many different artists from many different places. (Some are obviously better than others. :joy:) Still, they all have their own story behind them. Oddly enough (by design), I have only one that is immediately visible during my typical day-to-day activities. And even that one is fairly “neutral/generic”. The only time my others are visible is if I wear shorts and/or go to the pool/beach. As I said in another thread, when in public I prefer to be “invisible” whenever possible.

Yep. No doubt. Also, some of the stories can be hilarious and totally silly. My nephew (Kyle), for instance… Smart “kid”, but a complete goof sometimes. (I say that in a good/endearing way. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:) He is the middle of my three nephews, and they are all pretty tight-knit. As such, they grew up beating the shit out of each other and seeing who could do the most outrageous dares. Rough and tough boys, to say the least. Well, naturally, tattoos came into play at some point. And while I don’t remember the details of the story, Kyle ended up with a dainty little pink butterfly tattooed on his butt cheek a few years ago. It’s simply precious. :joy::joy::joy: And he wears it like a badge of honor. Since then, he has gotten a few other tattoos under similar circumstances. At least the artwork has gradually improved, though. :joy::joy:

All I have to do to hide my ink is wear something with long sleeves.

Tell that to a christian. That’s who I meant don’t connect anything good with satanist. I loooooove the way the satanic temple uses its status as a religion to claim the same rights as christians.
While trolling christians can be fun it’s not very helpful in convincing anyone that atheist don’t worship satan. Until that sterotype stops being the norm among christians then we’ll never see an atheist in high office or other forms of discrimination ended.

You could always cover yourself in blue paint to cover them.

1 Like

Some people like to “collect” tattoos from different artists, or get different styles of ink on themselves. I got very lucky when I got my first one.
My wife had gotten me a gift certificate to a well known local shop for my 40th birthday. I had been wanting to get tattooed for years, my mom even told me that when I was little, I had wanted to get some ink. Anyway, we never had any extra money for me to start getting tattooed, but by my 40th b’day, we were doing well enough for me to start getting some work done.
When I went to my first appointment, the owner of the shop didn’t feel like working on my design, so he handed me over to his apprentice, Brandon. We hit it off right away, and I’ve never even thought about going to another artist.

It took me years to convince my wife and kids (they’re all devout believers) that I don’t eat babies.

HUH? Why not? Oh, let me guess… You are not a True Atheist. You’re just one of those “Wannabe” atheists, huh? Good grief! An atheist that doesn’t eat babies? How ridiculous. :roll_eyes:

Edit to add: Oops. My apologies. It just dawned on me you were talking about how you are a Satanist. Well, while her concerns of you eating babies as a Satanist may be a result of misunderstanding, she shouldn’t worry too much. It’s my understanding you guys don’t eat them anymore after the sacrifice rituals.