Do you always admit your Atheism?

No, I am now very careful to say that I do not accept the claims for their particular god or gods.

It has the effect of making sure to them and any watchers, exactly where the burden of proof lies.

1 Like

What planet do you live on?

2 Likes

I’m surprised that anyone who does believe in a deity or deities and has some form of education won’t research for themselves if there is any factual truth behind the supernatural claims that their religion peddles. I can’t help but continue to feel irritated that the religion itself is based on lies and that I was lied to. All Christianity does is spread misinformation and make it’s followers duller. What aggravates me more is that my mother who shoved this religion down my throat doesn’t feel like she lied to me when she failed to back her claims with evidence. The fact that she wants my own children indoctrinated into this piece of shit religion pisses me off to no end. It aggravates me that she doesn’t feel like she has to give me evidence because she thinks I’m trying to de-convert her when we get into it.

1 Like

“Irony is wasted on the stupid.”

-Oscar Wilde

I think people do, do the research. At least they think they are doing the research. With the the major percentage of the population being theists, and the theists writing most of the books, using up most of the TV channels, clogging YouTube and other social media sights, unless one is specifically looking for arguments against their position, they won’t find it.

Pair that with the fact that most theists have no idea that they are using 'Straw Man, Slippery Slope, Argument from Ignorance, Circular Reasoning, Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc, etc." They just don’t know anything about fallacies of logic.

They also don’t know or understand the basic arguments they are using. They don’t know what an “Argument from Design,” is. They have no idea what a “First Cause Argument,” is. “Pascal,” who? What is a “Pascal’s Wager?” And an argument from morality simply seems as natural as water flowing from the tap. Like ‘fish,’ (pun intended) they do not notice the water in which they swim.

They do not know how to do the research. They do not know how to look outside the box they find themselves in and if they attempt to question anything, they run into warnings of ‘Darkness and Evil.’ Oooogy Booogy Woooogy! It’s a scary world without the safety net of God, Allah, Jesus, Buddha, Thor, Brahma, Vishnu, Krishna, Amaterasu Ōmikami, Ebisu, Bixia, Caishen, Buni, Kane, Ku, Viracocha, Inti, Anansi, Bumba, and the rest.

4 Likes