Could the United States become an Islamic state?

Is it possible that the US could convert to an Islamic state?

This article is saying that by 2040, the Islamic population will be way high. That kind of makes me nervous because of Shariah Law and a majority of them over in the Middle East aren’t particularly fond of other religions let alone…Atheists. Thoughts on this?

Still, based on our own survey and demographic research, as well as outside sources, Pew Research Center estimates that there were about 3.45 million Muslims of all ages living in the U.S. in 2017, and that Muslims made up about 1.1% of the total U.S. population.

Muslims in the U.S. are not as numerous as the number of Americans who identify as Jewish by religion, according to our estimate. At the same time, our projections suggest that the U.S. Muslim population will grow much faster than the country’s Jewish population. By 2040, Muslims will replace Jews as the nation’s second-largest religious group after Christians. And by 2050, the U.S. Muslim population is projected to reach 8.1 million, or 2.1% of the nation’s total population — nearly twice the share of today.

The latest estimate combines information from our 2017 survey of U.S. Muslims — which reported on the prevalence of Muslims among immigrants and other demographic groups — with official Census Bureau data on the number of people in these groups.

A new estimate of U.S. Muslim population | Pew Research Center.

I don’t consider 2% of the population to be “way high”. It would have to get much higher than that to have any chance of having enough electoral power to put something like shariah into place.

1 Like

Right now, I’m far more worried about Xtian nationalism!

6 Likes

Yeah. Worst case scenario: Trump gets elected in 2024 and finds a way to stay in power after 2028. In that case, I’d be worried about anyone not towing the christian nationalism line to be put in concentration camps.

2 Likes

No no no, not “Concentration Camps”, “Re-education Facilities” where the loving guidance of specially selected armed Counsellors will help guide families (children in separate camps, naturally) through work and prayer into the correct path.

Certified Virgin Females of 13 years and above could, through diligence and Demonstrated Modest Behavior, be released into the state of Holy Matrimony at the request of Church or Guardian Elders and their offspring.

My colleagues have already plans for the 8-12 year old boys with floppy hair and freckles in their very own private Re-education Centres which include such healthy habits as unclothed bathing, hourly prayer, regular discipline, and the loving Ministrations of Volunteer Male counselors to bring a new generation of bachelor Ministers into the Word to carry on the Good Work.

Please do not use such emotive words as “Concentration Camps”

Naturally there will be sterner, remote, facilities for those who reject the Teachings of the Lord and who need to be brought to him by Hard Work and Robust Discipline until they see the error of their ways or are gathered as the Righteous Harvest and have the chance to join Him in everlasting glory, or more likely cast into the Ravenous Maw of Hell.

2 Likes

We should probably take our lesson from Nazi Germany. Hitler was freely elected into power. This is one of the big problems of living in democracies. I think there is a problem in America with the religious right as they vie for power in the government. Fundamental Christianity, IMO, is hardly much different than Islam.

5 Likes

This is assuming the population were educated in the first place. Does your assumption hold? :thinking: :rofl:

1 Like

In this case the Righteous Holy Assumption is that dissenters, moslems, atheists, and people of all other beliefs, and none, of course, are ignorant of the Proper Education provided in our Holy Bible.
All other education is At Least Improper and Needs To Be Corrected or is, at worst Willfully Sinful and will need the Necessary Disciplinary Correction already described in the last paragraph to Ensure Righteous Proper Adherence to the Proper Path.

We have your IP. Expect a visit from our Friendly Correctional Personnel to advise you. Beatings will be brief, in public at least.

From the Office of the Secretary for Love and Justice
New Capitol
Richmond DC

“To listen is to obey”

Just a note…I think I may have properly horrified myself. Old-Man-shouts.

2 Likes

1 Like

Well . . . just because someone is Muslim doesn’t automatically mean that they are extremists and/or believe in Sharia law. Just because I’m Jewish doesn’t make me Hassidic.

I’ve known (and have been friends with) any number of moderate Muslim people.

I have issues with religion extremism of any kind, and I lump extremist Islam in with extremist Christianity, extremist Judaism, etc… I don’t distinguish between religious fanatics, and to focus purely on Islam is unfair.

3 Likes

I agree Kevin. All fanatics and fundies of all stripes, lets not forget Mohdi’s special brand of Hindu Jihadists either. All are dangerous, unforgiveable loons. That is the sort of person we need the re education centres for.

As Captrain Cat says “Why the fuck are you arguing about god or gods? Keep a cat, you will find out the one true god in your life”

3 Likes

Willow completely agrees with Captain Cat!

2 Likes

Hi! It wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

1 Like

Ah another vapid soundbite, without evidence or explanation, based on past experience I sense it would be futile to ask why, so I shan’t. Not least because as usual @RichardtheRaelian has ignored all the previous post content to just blurt out a position. It’s not tiresome, not tiresome at all… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

I can see why. Our boy loves to virtue signal. :rofl:

virtue

1 Like

Barack got in 2 times and now Pud’n Boy…so…

Really?..other than CNN, MSNBC, et al…where do your concerns manifest into “truth”?

Are you implying that Obama is muslim? And who the hell is “Pud’n Boy”?

What’s your point in the context of this thread, given Obama is not a Muslim?

What on earth is your point here?

1 Like

My “point” is clear unless one doesn’t read the thread heading. What’s Barry’s Muslim background have to do with anything related to this thread? He’s done his 8…unless you are one of those who think he’s running the White House in the background…with Susan Rice?