Christian experiencer report

No. You’re making excuses and assertions. Any Theist can say what you just said. Try again.

1 Like

I accept your testimony but I would label it a dream. You didn’t have feeling of bliss described by many, you weren’t met by a spirit guide or ancestor or angel, etc.

The Doctor Whose Story Debunked “Proof of Heaven” (esquire.com)

Naga … Greetings…
You reference Dr Eben Alexander and his visit to the “other side” … I present a differing view point at the above link… You may want to give it a quick scan through…

3 Likes

why not. you have NOTHING - NO EVIDENCE - to say he is wrong. you are just using your existing worldview and extrapolating out of sample to someone else’s experiences worldview. extrapolating out of sample is a VERY dangerous thing to do to get to truth.

the ONLY thing you can factor is the reliability or trustworthiness of the person - which you have nothing to base it on, thus you cannot say he is untrustworthy

he is using his own narrow worldview and extrapolating out of sample to your worldview and experiences. bad move to make. he is completely using unsubstantiated prejudices and biases prior to even analyzing anything

Shifting the burden of proof I see. It is not about trust or faith. There is nothing wrong with wanting sufficient evidence. I think he’s lying. Not one Christian or Pagan I’ve met has ever actually met a deity nor communicated with one. It’s all in their head. What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

2 Likes

I’m not lying! The Bible specifically says this will happen to some people…see revelation 1:14-15 & 3:21 for example. I fell flat on my face after hearing a voice after seeing man with eyes of fire, just like Ezekiel did. I also received the morning star (rev 2:28) which is explained in 2 Peter 1:19 as fire in your heart for 3 days (like Jonah in the whale). But I think it says only 144,000 will experience it.

I’ve also seen a bunch of other supernatural stuff

So she is saying he did have ability to be conscious? Or was that just after he was weaned off aenestethics? As for the rainbow contradiction, I’ve seen rainbows when it wasn’t raining.

Ah…I misunderstood. When you said brain dead, I thought you meant the entire brain.

1 Like

Where and when did I say he was wrong?
What, in fact, I said was that I didn’t believe him.
Very different things.

1 Like

Label away! But two can play at that game. I label your supernatural experiences as imaginary.

4 Likes

My understanding is that rainbows mainly appear AFTER rain … however that may be it is an inconsequential… however while looking at Dr.Alexander … I also found this…

‘Proof of Heaven’ doctor Eben Alexander faced $3million malpractice lawsuit | Daily Mail Online
Which puts an altogether different slant on the good doctors motives

3 Likes

Never said I saw Kyle. He’s invisible, remember? I just KNOW Kyle is there. I can feel his PRESENCE within my heart. And he talks to me in many different ways. I just happen to know when he is speaking to me and what he is telling me. It’s a very special bond. As for his teachings, I have written many things about Kyle on this very forum. Therefore, it proves his teachings are true and real. Same way your bible works, right?

2 Likes

Well, yes, but have you roped a bunch of Middle Eastern goat herders into your truthy Kyle idea? That there is the true test of legitimacy.

Plus, you haven’t sat beside a conversationally unavailable Kyle in Kyle’s heaven. I mean, its like you want your assertion to be logically obliterated.

No, the Bible experiences have happened to many many people over thousands of years across the world.

What do you make of this ufo mass sighting?

Did you know the tin man is an allegory for the astral fluid that comes down top of head and flows to your testes? That is the “christ”, meaning anointing oil. I’ve had it. Santa Claus is also an allegory as the fluid goes down your brain “claustrum” like a chimney. The meaning of Dorothy’s red shoes is also from the Bible and not a story fit for children.

Hmph! :triumph: Exactly the type of rhetoric I expect from a non-believer.

Sitting next to God lasts for like 3 seconds before you’re back on earth. When I saw Jesus he did say one brief sentence but I couldn’t talk back and was thrown to the floor. I have talked to many spirits though including but not limited to gnomes, shadows, fairies, etc and overtly evil beings.

The bible is a claim, not evidence. You might as well say that the Quran and the Pros Edda are proof too. Those were books written by peasants in the dark ages who didn’t know anything. However, I still think you’re a liar. I’ve met a few religious crazies and all of them think they are special.

BINGO! :smiley: I must say I agree with you a thousand percent on that. The bible is absolutely not fit for children. (Or anybody else, for that matter.)

4 Likes

Ass fluid flowing down to my balls??? Sounds like Wednesday mornings after my all-night Taco Tuesday session.

3 Likes