Can any theist answer this?

Can god change? :woman_shrugging:

Yes, I am claiming that there is a creator of the universe.

Please prove your god created time and space.

No, God can not change.

Ok, to answer this I have to understand if you believe that the universe began. Also what do you understand by the term god. When I’m saying God, I’m talking about the 1 creator of the universe, who is eternal, all knowledgable, and not his creations.

It works pretty good, so seems like a good bet.

So you believe that the universe had a beginning, correct?

No. I have no evidence that suggests the universe either had a beginning or not. I seriously doubt it was created but I can’t prove that either.
I have enough education to be able to follow the science behind the theory of the big bang, which if it is correct, stipulates that nothing about the nature of reality before Planck Time can be asserted because all known conditions for the operation of physical laws, as we understand them, cease to function. The real answer to this question is “no-one” knows. This is where theists like to put their gods: beyond the point of rational human knowledge and understanding.
Where does your knowledge of your god come from?

Maybe, who knows. :woman_shrugging:

A beginning,yes. A cause no. That has yet to be determined.

I’ll ask again, to which god do you refer?

Also, why on earth have you come to an atheist forum to ask your questions in astro physics? As far as I’m aware, none of us has a post graduate degree in astrophysics. (One may)

Prove to me that the universe “began”.

According to Hubble’s law of cosmological expansion that was formulated by Edwin Hubble, the universe is expanding, therefore there had to have been a beginning. So if the universe had a beginning, it has to have a cause and that cause is called the creator of the universe. Which is God.

According to Hubble’s law of cosmological expansion, the universe is expanding, therefore there had to have been a beginning.

The universe had a beginning, so that logically shows it has a cause. The god I’m referring to is the 1 God who is the creator of the universe, who is everliving, all knowledgable, not like his creations, and who’s unimaginable.

Uh, didn’t you just imagine “qualities” (human qualities) like “knowledge” and “living” YET also imagined it’s not like its “creations”.

Btw, how could it move? Outside time/space doesn’t allow for movement of any sort. A medium (like water) allows for movement, so does our atmosphere, so does “space” (outside our atmosphere)…

When I say unimaginable, I mean we can’t see God. We can have knowledge of God’s attributes.

These attributes of God don’t match the same level of human qualities. God is all knowing, humans aren’t all knowing. He’s everliving, humans aren’t everliving.

God is not bound by time or space because he is simply beyond time and space. The laws of time do not apply to God. He created it. How can the Creator of time be subject to something He created? Or how can God who is Eternal and sublime be restricted with these limitations like us humans? To God all time is the same.

We humans need the parts of time in our life to separate what we have already done and achieved from things we are yet to achieve. God is beyond these limited things which govern our lives and restrict our beings.

This makes no sense. You say god is beyond space/time. Or not bound by it. What does that even mean? Can god move without space/time? You say god is alive. How? What do you have that’s evident of “living” beyond space/time. How do you even “know” any of these things you are writing about god?

These are claims, not arguments.

As the person making the claims,the burden of proof is yours.

Right now you’re getting a bit aheadf of yourself. Before going into your most recent claims, you need first prove your god exists.

No,it does not.

The argument of First Cause is one of Thomas Aquinas’s Five ways,alleged proofs of the existence of god(s). He died in 1274. Each of his arguments has been refuted many times over the centuries, yet believers sill insist on using them. Possibly in the hope that noone will notice.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((9))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

The Quinque viæ (Latin " Five Ways ") (sometimes called “five proofs”) are five logical arguments regarding the existence of God summarized by the 13th-century Catholic philosopher and theologian St. Thomas Aquinas in his book Summa Theologica . They are:

1. the argument from “first mover”;
  2. the argument from causation;
  3. the argument from contingency;
  4. the argument from degree;
  5. the argument from final cause or ends (“teleological argument”).

An extract from the article::

Criticism of the cosmological argument, and hence the first three Ways, emerged in the 18th century by the philosophers David Hume and Immanuel Kant.[30]

Kant argued that our minds give structure to the raw materials of reality and that the world is therefore divided into the phenomenal world (the world we experience and know), and the noumenal world (the world as it is “in itself,” which we can never know).[31] Since the cosmological arguments reason from what we experience, and hence the phenomenal world, to an inferred cause, and hence the noumenal world, since the noumenal world lies beyond our knowledge we can never know what’s there.[32] Kant also argued that the concept of a necessary being is incoherent, and that the cosmological argument presupposes its coherence, and hence the arguments fail.[33]

Hume argued that since we can conceive of causes and effects as separate, there is no necessary connection between them and therefore we cannot necessarily reason from an observed effect to an inferred cause.[34] Hume also argued that explaining the causes of individual elements explains everything, and therefore there is no need for a cause of the whole of reality.[35][36]

The 20th-century philosopher of religion Richard Swinburne argued in his book, Simplicity as Evidence of Truth , that these arguments are only strong when collected together, and that individually each of them is weak.[37]

The full article is well worth reading,especially as you keep shooting yourself in the foot.

What do you mean by alive, please elaborate. And also do you believe that the universe began?

Yes, if the universe had a beginning, this logically shows that it has a cause, unless you believe it just popped out of nowhere witch is illogical. I got this argument from Kalam cosmological argument. Everything that begins to exist has a cause.