Burning books is not morally wrong

The irony is strong in this one…

1 Like

Your is still possessive pronoun, though your determination to ignore what you’re doing is pretty ironic next to that claim.

Can you see why? Take your time.

Divine…and comedies…dear oh fucking dear…

Or your blathering nonsense at the moment. Seriously, seek professional help if you’re really not trolling.

Evil eye ffs…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Book burning is in poor taste and taken to extremes would remove material fro the world that may have value.
Think of how Europe wallowed through the dark ages and the early medieval period without the works of the ancient Greeks and being committed to the Bible as all mankind needed. Compare this to the golden age of Islam where such material was not only available but prized, copied and used as a springboard for progress. Now think of where mankind would be if every scrap of Plato, Socrates, Aristotle and others had been burned instead. That is why book burning is wrong.

Oh I thought that was someone’s instructions on wine making picking grapes (de-vine). :rofl:

3 Likes

Laugh all you want, one ring of hell is the moon of Europa, of which the land of Europe was fashioned after… the bottom rings of hell are the coldest…

Crazy I can’t find love within Christianity or on an atheist site…

Comedy is the bain of society, that desensitizes our perceptions…

Both atheists and Christians alike wear blinders and hold strong their biases, never being swayed less they hide as wolves in sheep’s clothing. Funny how our biases are so engraved in falsehoods that the needle never skips always habitually on repeat, making the same arguments, telling the same jokes… our forgotten truths have been buried under these new ideas of religion and science playing off one another. Atheists helping religions to find the God particle, simply because there’s nothing else to do, y’all at a stalemate.

Comedy is the bain of the world” Really dude? It’s bane btw but for Pete’s sake. Comedy helps people get though terrible times and trauma. Whether one believes it to be a gift from God or a product of evolution, it is a vital part of the human make up.

As for Dante, his comedy had nothing to do with humour. Comedy in the literary sense is a tale that moves from misery to a happier ending.

Atheists helping religions to find the God particle, simply because there’s nothing else to do”. Firstly the term ‘god particle’ was just a nickname, meant to be funny. Second, the work is not because there is nothing to do, it is seeking to better understand the universe. How can a search for knowledge ever be wrong?

You seem to be angry at pretty much everybody. You speak of blinders and biases but perhaps you would benefit by turning your lens on yourself. You remind me of the old tale about a woman watching her son, a hopeless soldier, marching with his regiment. She turns to her husband and says, “Look, the whole army’s out of step except our Charlie”.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Another disjointed and incoherent rant. You sound more and more like you need professional help, seriously.

Crazy is right, you might want to consider trying to evidence your claims or beliefs.

Bane not bain ffs, and the claim is a particularly stupid one, and of course at this point I shan’t even feign surprise you’ve made yet another unevidenced claim that outrages reason.

Another ad hominem fallacy, irrational petty insults tend to be something of an own goal, to those who can spot them.

Sigh, another disjointed rant, that seems devoid of any rational point, or any objective evidence.

Your illiteracy is both hilarious and depressing.

I really don’t mean to be unkind,but his posts are quite demented. As with people generally with a mental illness, he seems to have no insight into his condition.

You’re right. I always enjoy debating but sometimes you have to ask yourself, is it worth it?
This person seems angry at everyone and everything. He either came here just to pick a fight or he needs help. I’ve already answered him once but i’m leaving well alone now. We’ll let Sheldon tear him a new one :joy:

1 Like

I laughed at this earlier, now I feel bed, heh. Seriously @Wagyers11, I realize you don’t trust us but that is crazy person talk. Why don’t you send that paragraph to someone you do trust, and ask them for their opinion of your mental state.

3 Likes

One of the most ignorant posts on the site to date. Stalemate my ass. The burden of proof is on the person making the claim. Failure to meet the burden of proof is a failure to meet the claim. Stalemate my ass! Post something else completely ignorant so I can make fun of it.

2 Likes

Crazy fucker… I haven’t attacked anyone, yet you respond to me overly aggressive and personally attacking…

Fuuuuuuck you

@boomer47

I’m more and more inclined to agree.

As Nyarl said, show that post to someone you trust, and all our responses. I really don’t know what else to say.

Except there’s a line between aggressive debate, and aggressive ad hominem, and you were first to cross that line, and are now doing so angrily in almost every response.

Edited for clarity, my apologies.

must be all the refined sugar, after all, there’s no sugar in fruit, or honey, and in fairyland no one disagrees…

1 Like

Ok, this actually does read like a cry for help, so I’ll make one last effort.

Firstly this is a debate forum, so it’s wise to anticipate opposing views and ideas to your own. Now…

Christians generally adhere to a core doctrine, and your claims don’t seem to adhere to that doctrine. So obviously your ideas are likely to be rejected.

I can’t speak for other atheists, but my criteria for belief is that sufficient objective evidence is demonstrated to support all claims. Your claims seem to have no definitive point, and beyond peppering your post with broad unrelated facts, I’ve seen no evidence demonstrated to support your claims.

1 Like

WELL FUCK! It’s Sheldon again. That ASSHOLE! There he goes again being all logical and composed as if he was the only one on the site with his shit together. You should just give him what he ALWAYS asks for. Evidence for the existence of your God. You go ahead and prove your version of God is the right version of god, convert all of Christendom and Islam to your way of thinking, AND THEN YOU WILL HAVE A FUCKING LEG TO STAND ON. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha …

1 Like

New age type sites offer “love and light” … tons of feel good inspirations (some of which I do like- some are just stupid and leave you open to narcissists). You also will get reincarnation, spirit guides, angel messages, energy work with auras, aliens (information on the good ones and bad ones), access to those who access the Akashic Records, a re-worked human history…

Oh…the love :heart:

1 Like

You forgot the shit ton of resin made 'crystals" scrying balls, ‘dreamcatchers’ and various man made faux leather boots and dinky skirts.

Oh and resin cast dragons, witches, warlocks, goblins and assorted beasties.

I am sure old Wagyers (is that a nod to a decent cut of beef?) would find many things of interest there, including some outsize japanese ‘love’ balls on a string. It would aid his posts.

2 Likes