Bible writer DEBATING other Bible writer/s

Internal debating amongst the inspired.

QUESTION: How does God feel about lying?

ANSWER: Proverbs 6:16-17
16 There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: 17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue…
Proverbs 12:22
Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord,

Counter ANSWER: 2 Chronicles 18:22
Now, you see, the Lord has put a lying spirit into the mouth of these prophets of yours, and the Lord has pronounced disaster against you.”
2 Thessalonians 2:11
For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.

1 Like

Damn! The Bible can’t make up it’s mind.

1 Like

Saw this on twitter - was inspired :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve seen it on places like Quora and Facebook in the past. Reminds me of this from “God Is Imaginary”

Ask yourself this simple question: Why, when you read the Bible, are you not left in awe? Why doesn’t a book written by an omniscient being leave you with a sense of wonder and amazement? If you are reading a book written by the all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving creator of the universe, wouldn’t you expect to be stunned by the brilliance, the clarity and the wisdom of the author? Would you not expect each new page to intoxicate you with its incredible prose and its spectacular insight? Wouldn’t you expect the author to tell us things that scientists have not been able to discover yet?

Yet, when we open the Bible and actually read it, we find it is nothing like that at all. Instead of leaving us in awe, it leaves us dumbfounded by all of the nonsense and backwardness that it contains. If you read what the Bible actually says, you find that the Bible is ridiculous. The examples shown above barely scratch the surface of the Bible’s numerous problems. If we are honest with ourselves, it is obvious that an “all-knowing” God had absolutely nothing to do with this book.

The reason why the Bible contains so much nonsense is because God is imaginary. The Bible is a book written thousands of years ago by primitive men. A book that advocates senseless murder, slavery and the oppression of women has no place in our society today.

https://godisimaginary.com/i5.htm

Ummmm… Ya know, I could be wrong, but it seems to me this thread is trying to suggest there are many contradictions and inconsistencies in the bible. Seriously, how could anybody even remotely entertain such extremely farcical notions? After all, just because it says one thing in one book, and then the exact opposite thing in another does NOT make it contradictory. It just means God is wise enough to cover all the bases from every conceivable angle. For example, it is not okay for you to do what God tells you not to do unless God tells you to do it, in which case it is perfectly okay to do what you were not suppose to do according to God. That’s pretty damn straightforward, if you ask me. Don’t know why everybody has to make it so complicated. And as for the creation story, God is timeless, remember? Therefore, he can tell the story from front to back and from back to front or from side to side all at the same time because it is all the same to him. Sheesh! You people actually think you know more than God. Geeeez… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I know right? If I get arrested for robbing a bank. All I have to do is tell the cops that “God told me to do it” and they’ll let me go. They’ll understand.

Hey!!! YOU guys are commenting. NO! This is a debate between inspired bible writers!

Get to work!

Soooo… What you are saying is if I write my own version of the bible I will then be allowed to participate in this discussion? Hmmm… :thinking:… In the interest of fair warning, I have to ask: Are you SURE you really want me to do that?

1 Like

No.

Good point.

Carry on.

I got a little bossy.

2 Likes

Well, damn. And I already had a great opening line I was gonna use for Book 1, Chapter 1. It was gonna be something like, “In the Beginning, there wasn’t a goddamn thing…” Or something along those lines. Was still working on the finer points of it. Guess I’ll put it on the back burner for now, though.

Edit to add: Shit, I almost forgot the best part. I was planning on having Samuel L. Jackson do the reading for the audio version.

How about an artistic approach?

“In the beginning there was comedy, tragedy, pathos, and action movies?”

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: Holy hell, I do love this group! Brilliant minds that have a similar warped sense of humor. Damn near scary in a way. :joy::joy::joy:

Sort of … Bruce Willis does Hamlet?

Aw, c’mon. You can do better than that. How about Bobcat Goldthwait reading “War and Peace”?

Edit to add: Just started a new thread so this one won’t get cluttered.

In the beginning, the score was still zero to zero, but the game was about to start.

1 Like

I am glad you didn’t say there was “nothing” because then you would have had to deal with me. And I look forward to how you deal with Samuel Jackson declaring “I don’t remember askin’ you a Goddam thing”

Well yeah. Finding out there are more crazy bastards than you thought can be rather disturbing.

Here is a bible writer telling others a little bit of truth as I understand it. Whats up with this? Contradicts most of the other bible writers.

Ecclesiastes 3:

19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.**

21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

C&P from SAB.

1 Like

Subjective interpretation allows for multiple schisms, which clearly states to me that none of them are privy to any sort of Truth.

My favorite Bible add in is John 3:16,
John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (JESUS NEVER SAID IT!)

The verse is controversially considered by biblical scholars to not be Jesus’ words himself but John the Evangelist’s personal commentary to expand Jesus’ preaching on John 3 earlier verses. This is determined from the lack of personal pronouns and quotation marks in the early manuscripts.

SO WHAT DID JESUS SAY? When he is SPECIFICALLY ASKED "17 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” John 10:17

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother. (Follow the Commandments) After all Jesus was a Jew.

20 “Teacher,” he declared, “all these I have kept since I was a boy.”

21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” SELL EVERYTHINGN YOU OWN, WANT FOR NOTHING. THE SAME THING HE SAYS IN THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT WHEN HE TALKS ABOUT THE FRIGGING FLOWERS.

He does not say, 'Accept Jesus into your heart. Be reborn. Or any NEW AGE CHRISTIAN BULLSHIT.

Jesus himself says clearly what one must do to be ‘saved.’ Is Jesus a liar? Is the bible wrong?

22 At this the man’s face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!

24 The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, “Children, how hard it to enter the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” (EYE OF THE NEEDLE is a passage way into the castle, not an actual sewing needle. It was large enough for a man to walk through.)

26 The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, “Who then can be saved?”

27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”

28 Then Peter spoke up, “We have left everything to follow you!”

29 “Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30 will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—along with persecutions—and in the age to come eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”

Christians believe some really dumb )(*&&