Atheists in the building, lets deal with this

Bible passages?

Romans 1:26-27: “Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.”

I happen to be gay, and your god condemns us gays.

Leviticus 18:22: “Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.”

Why should I believe in a god which condemns my way of life?

I am sorry I did not read everything, but I would like some solid proof to prove your deity.

Ah, the “only a theory” creationist bullshit. Smelt the odour of that particular turd a lot during my dealings with the creotards …

Me too.

I spent 20 years searching for proof of a god, the soul,afterlife and all that is associated with it,at least in my society . Would have been thrilled to discover proof of what is commonly called the occult or the paranormal. I found nothing.

Don’t mean to rain on your parade, but God being an arsehole is not a valid reason to disbelieve.

Contrary to the claims of many theists, the existence of a god/prime cause infers nothing about his/her/its attributes .

Pretty sure Judaism did not originally have a concept of an afterlife. They believed in an obeyed YHWH because he was a complete arsehole. He was petty, petulant, jealous and cruel. I people didn’t do what he asked he would smite them big time.—He’d scare me to death if I believed in him.

Many other religions have had truly terrifying gods. The gods of the Inca,Aztec and Maya had gods which [they believed] demanded human sacrifices,sometimes in vast numbers.

Some of the Hindu Gods worshiped today have some pretty nasty negative qualities. I’m thinking specifically of Kali, but I’m pretty sure there are heaps more—the Hindu pantheon has some 15 MILLION gods.

The apologists we get her tend to worship the Abrahamic God; YHWH/the trinity/Allah, all of whom are the same god.

Not convinced that worship of that god is not the dominant world religion .

Although I admit to being unfamiliar with the relevant history, I understand that those who have studied this material, are aware that a polytheistic religion was prevalent among the people in question before the business of compiling the Yahweh myth.

Though the more I look at the requisite sections of the Old Testament, the more I see it as a post hoc attempt to “justify” various bloody Lebensraum wars and the kidnapping of underage girls as sex slaves, on the part of the bellicose goat herders in question after they won the requisite wars. History being written by the conquerors and all that.

3 Likes

This is addressed in The Invention of God by Thomas Römer. In this book, Römer traces the evolution(!) of YHWH from a second-tier desert storm god in a bronze age polytheistic environment through several promotions and mergers with other gods and godesses, until the israelites eventually narrowed their pantheon down to just one omnipresent god.

Edit: improved grammar

:thinking: and a volcano :volcano:

DON’T forget about the volcano :volcano: … hehehehehe

Re: past poster and funny shit worshipped (end of world will be by earth wide volcanoes :volcano:)

Hate to burst his bubble but scientific laws can be falsified, like all scientific idea they must be falsifiable. The National Academy of Sciences states

a scientific theory is “a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses.” No amount of validation changes a theory into a law, which is a descriptive generalization about nature.

Where are creatards taught this guff, and why don’t they fact check it?

The Third Law of Biology: all living organisms arose in an evolutionary process.

LINK

This law correctly predicts the relatedness of all living organisms on Earth. It explains all of their programmed similarities and differences. Natural selection occurs at organismal (phenotypic) and molecular (genotypic) levels. Organisms can live, reproduce, and die. If they die without reproducing, their genes are usually removed from the gene pool, although exceptions exist. At the molecular level, genes and their encoding proteins can evolve “selfishly,” and these can combine with other selfish genes to form selfish operons, genetic units and functional parasitic elements such as viruses.

YHWH started out as an ancient Israelite war god. He had a wife called Asherah, who was part of the Canaanite pantheon.

Recent archaeological evidence has shown the Israelites were polytheistic to as late as ca 300 bce. Hundreds of figurines of an ancient goddess have been found. The explanation is that monotheism MAY have been the state religion, but the ordinary people kept their old gods. Same thing seems to have happened in Egypt with Akhenaten.

(((((((((((((((((((9))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I’ve cited the following books before, but they remain relevant:

Did God Have a Wife?: Archaeology and Folk Religion in Ancient Israel , (Eerdmans, ISBN 0-8028-2852-3, 2005),[1] is a book by Syro-Palestinian archaeologist William G. Dever, Professor Emeritus of Near Eastern Archeology and Anthropology at the University of Arizona. Did God Have a Wife? was intended as a popular work making available to the general public the evidence long known to archaeologists regarding ancient Israelite religion: namely that the Israelite god of antiquity (before 600 BCE), Yahweh, had a consort, that her name was Asherah, and that she was part of the Canaanite pantheon.

The Bible Unearthed: Archaeology’s New Vision of Ancient Israel and the Origin of Its Sacred Texts , a book published in 2001, discusses the archaeology of Israel and its relationship to the origins and content of the Hebrew Bible. The authors are Israel Finkelstein, Professor of Archaeology at Tel Aviv University, and Neil Asher Silberman, an archaeologist, historian and contributing editor to Archaeology Magazine .

Take a moment and imagine all this was true. Oooh!, how awesome the feeling! LMAO
You’re actually entertaining and funny, I mean your yowling tendencies coupled with feistiness.

Derailing my thread while trying still to assert your knowledge, are you? Listen Cali, really don’t need to. I don’t consider you unintelligent. Stop trying to prove yourself. We all have our different fields and we all keep learning. Curious as to what yours is but I’m pretty sure you have full capacity to do well in it. Even in S&T, I know you will as well but only after proper training. Isn’t that true of any discipline?
Your questions tho. LMAO in many ways. Plus asking me proves you not convinced inside you I lack the skill though you wanna pretend so. LMAO.

But look, even if you’ve researched all those, it won’t make you a logician. It’s in the application of those and all tenets of logic that we test capacity. In designing systems, efficiency of written codes, deriving of formulas and relationships from theoretical concepts, your presentation of arguments and the likes that we test mastery of logic, not really worded explanations.
And what might slow you down tho in that, is your emotional volatility evidenced in unbridled use of cusses to pass your view plus some tendency for digression. You must learn to put those aside and strictly uphold logic protocol in a convo.
You know, If I were to employ you in my company, for now, I’d put you not in operations or R& D (until you’re well trained), maybe marketing. You got passion and spark, you’re feisty, you’ve got obvious interest in various themes, your verbosity would entertain prospective big time customers, your never-say-die attitude…,
but I’m actually interested in the security of your souls here instead. So let’s recap what was gathered in my convo with you folks here.
[1] You’re atheists because you do not want to investigate the reality of creator for yourself, no man is responsible to determine his existence for you.

[2] You are in reality, agnostics on origins, because science has not disproved ID nor validated the Darwinian evo rhetoric on origins.(Natural selection, adaptation… validated). We only have theories not absolute laws on origins. Some go with ID, some Evo. This might interest you too

[3] Should you be willing to investigate origins/creator, you can empirically, using a method I’ll suggest but first, try answering in all sincerity my ten questions directed at Mr Sheldon Cooper, including the last 3, which will not prove faith but open you up for the adventure of my method, when you’re done or you can reject. Choice is yours.

[4] Faith will be realised in the same plane your emotions, desire, conscience lie, so don’t wait for a scientific paper which is outside such scope.

[5] The general understanding of faith as blind belief by both religionists and non religionists is a misconception, going by the bible. Faith is a substrate which creator wants everyone to possess for themselves. Once you contact it, regardless what you’ve ever done or not done, you are reconnected to him. We all were nasty, ugly and all but those who’ve contacted faith, are restored by creator’s mercies. He who seeks will find.

[6] Theories can get discarded and overturned with more learning. Laws don’t. Some theories may graduate to objective fact when all conditions are fulfilled.

[7] Everyone who thinks for themselves, not dependent on someone else’s thoughts can tell that ID is self-evident in the universe. Even our bodies with specific parts each designed according to purpose, also maintaining uniformity, with aesthetic differences across the human race. Males having distinct features from females, each gender with conjugate parts. Also, procreative parts suited to each gender, plug and socket mould for perfect fitting towards procreation. Each cell with a defined function. Internal systems within it designed towards self-sustenamce with a seamless interconnection between each internal system as well as a perfect blending to relate with external matter. Damn! Ask anyone that designs robots and systems. The human body is the height of intelligence. So much so that we now model robots, NN after the human brain.
Asides, of course, the cycles in nature and the intergalactic systems. You’ll work really hard and need great dose of denial to convince yourself otherwise, if you’re intelligent.

You just so love the usual method of trying to justify your unwholesome unbelief by discarding creationist arguments, don’t you?. But with me you find I present you the option of empirical validation instead, your worst nightmare that reveals the truth of why you’re an atheist - that you really don’t want to ever find out that creator is real. So you’re trying so hard that I would argue instead. But as I’ve said over and over, I will not present a single argument for faith but only show how to contact it. Anyone who argued for faith with you in the past was not learned about it. So once again, if you’d stop being so cowardly and face my simple ten questions to Sheldon, which is all I’ve presented to prepare you for the discovery of faith and after answering all, I’ll present you with a method for empirical validation of faith.

??? First … learn to re-read your posting for comprehension by others. Based on this I highly doubt you understand anything Cali wrote.

Fuck you asshole! I’m the one who fucking cusses and can out-cuss Cali, hands down! We all have our own talents.
BTW - adult language isn’t a moral failure…it just “feels good”. When you stub your toe, oh my, your first reaction isn’t “ouch” is it??? Nope - for me it’s “Jesus fuckin’Christ”. Maybe “shit” depending on the pain level.

Reading your posts are painful, therefore “cussing” is more than appropriate.

Hahahahah funny… I see your imagination stretches into the field of your importance in your janitor job.

Oh my… did my POSTS on the Ten Commandments AND gods FAILED PROMISE/PROPHECY cause a shift in your thinking of “gods perfect and so is his buybull”???

If not then back your fucking claims and assertions YOU made regarding both!!!

BTW.“ We all were nasty, ugly” speak for yourself. I’m neither of those things.

1 Like

Sorrentino

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ROFLMAO!!!

Awwwwww fuck! I wet myself!

All you have done is troll again, and lie again. I mean if you genuinely can’t see that sentence is an hilarious oxymoron then that is pretty sad, but I am extremely dubious, even after you have produced the most moronic creationist howlers of all, that evolution is just a theory, and nor a law. Sadly you appear not to know how stupidly misinformed those claims are.

Your ten question were meaningless gibberish.

POSTS 42 and 63 just to save you some scroll time…

Hahahahaha… hahahahaha.

The Third Law of Biology: all living organisms arose in an evolutionary process.

LINK

Dear oh dear…

Why is it Cali posts long explanations pertaining to the subject, while you waste server space just engaged in ad hominem attacks?

Unless you can dismantle the arguments, you have no ammunition to defend your faith.

He has none anyway, certainly none he has shown here.

2 Likes

The interesting thing is, that even if one was able to completely dismantle the scientific process, and prove evolution and any other scientific field wrong, that does not prove a god.

1 Like

10/10, something creationists seem unable/unwilling to grasp.

So not only do you think we are all wrong, you think essentially everyone who has ever posted here is wrong. Nice.

3 Likes